Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi pals! First I want to thank fromhereonout for inviting me to join this group!! :flowerforyou:

My name is Cathy, I live in the very eastern portion of KY, it's just my hubby and I at home, the children are grown. We both work, share most of the same interest, both need to be healthy, so we both are trying....VERY HARD!!! My fave cardio is treadmill but for about a month I have been having bad fasciitis pain and it has prevented me from getting good cardio workouts on the treadmill. I wanted desperately to do the C25K but the foot just won't allow it right now :cry: I started using the elliptical which isn't as bad on my foot but my endurance on the elliptical is not much for now....but I'm gonna work to improve that :wink: I recently added some strength workouts which I am enjoying a lot!! I also found fitness blender on youtude (I think I read about fitness blender on this thread :happy: ) I also love anything outdoors...love hiking, which is a great workout and calorie burner!!!

What I need is a set daily workout routine and stick to it!!! I have been doing the strengthening routine every other day, some days cardio with it, but cardio every day with maybe a day off. I need to be working out more time per day, so Saturday I am going to start one of the fitness blender routines and see how that goes.
    Anyway, thanks again for letting me be a part of this group!! I will do my best to be supportive and motivational!
    Have a great day Partners!!!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My name is Carley, and I'm new to San Diego. I joined MFP last week (almost 2 now) to get more focused on weight loss after my first 1/2 marathon. My next one is July, and I hope to be down 20lbs by then. I'm not always working out every day, since I've got 3 runs a week planned, those I stick to, but I need motivation to crosstrain at least 2 times a week. I just broke 200lbs this week (yay!) and probably fall into the fairly fit, but still fat category. I know a lot of flab turned to muscle between January and now, but I'd like to see the scale move more! I have an amazing husband and one-year-old son, and a full-time job, so working out either has to happen early morning or after the munchkin's bedtime most days. Ideas on fun cross training welcome!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have not always been very good at introductions...

I am Harry J. Scholar, a/k/a Joe Scholar, a/k/a jjscholar...

I am 47...

I currently live in the small Central Florida town of Cocoa...

I workout about 4-5 days per week and my favorite form of exercise is cardio dance either Zumba, Hip-Hop Fitness, or generic cardio dance. I have been doing my favorite form of exercise for about a year... In addition, I do some resistance exercises and from time to time I like to walk at least two miles at a time.

As of 3-31-13, I weigh 177.8 lbs and my waist is 32 inches... About two years ago I weighed 393 lbs and almost died of cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure...
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the latest newbies!! You've joined a great group of pals!!:smile:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes, welcome all new members! Jump right in! (if you haven't already)

Don't wait for the right time--start being accountable right NOW! (for better or for worse) It's for your own good. :happy:
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ashley. I am 35 years YOUNG. I have been on MFP for two years this month but I didn't really start logging consistently and using the boards right away. I have been actively losing weight (well trying-it was easier at first) and using MFP since January of 2012. I have been struggling to drop pounds for several months. So I am hoping this group will help motivate me. I was in a group the first part of the year and I lost about 6 lbs. But it was a small group and they didn't start another challenge after that one ended. So I was looking for a new group and I am excited about this one.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    HI Ashley! Welcome! Jump right in! Whatever you do to get you heart pumpin' or your muscles achin', let us know! We love to hear what everyone's up to. And don't forget to check-in on a rest day or a "slacked off" day--this is how you stay accountable and get your rearend kicked back into the game! :laugh: :wink:
  • eaglebeyers
    Options
    So, I am new here and looking for inspiration and accountability. I am 54 years old and weigh the most I ever have in my life. I would like to lose about 20-30 pounds. Exercise is not really a problem for me, I have always walked or done some form of cardio, not so good on the strength training but looking to put that into the routine. Love the inspirational slogans that are posted!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    So, I am new here and looking for inspiration and accountability. I am 54 years old and weigh the most I ever have in my life. I would like to lose about 20-30 pounds. Exercise is not really a problem for me, I have always walked or done some form of cardio, not so good on the strength training but looking to put that into the routine. Love the inspirational slogans that are posted!!

Welcome!!! Feel free to jump right in on the daily threads. Let us know whatever you are (or are not :huh: ) doing. The aim is to check-in everyday, to keep up the habit and the accountability. There's lots of different workouts represented here, so plenty to learn from other group members. I look forward to hearing from you!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Hello and Welcome Eaglebeyers!! This is such a great group of partners so just jump right on in. I am 59 years young...lol...and after much research I finally realized that I needed to add MORE strength training in my exercise program versus cardio to lose the weight and reshape my body. Women over the age of 50 definitely need to incorporate strength training because we lose muscle mass big time! So, with that said....balance your fitness program...you must strength train.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tiffany, I am 31 years old, currently residing in Groton, Connecticut. I am a new mom to a 6 week old baby girl and returning to work tomorrow. This June will mark 11 years in the Navy and August will be 5 years marriage to my wonderful husband who is also in the Navy. I am not new to MFP, I have achieved much success in the past with it and never intended to change my habits. Then life occurred.... I ruptured my Achilles Tendon Nov 2011 which left me unable to walk for 5 months. I was horribly depressed and reverted to all my old habits. Once I was able to walk again I shortly learned that I was pregnant. Luckily, I gained the average amount of weight during pregnancy, I have less than 5 lbs to lose.

I find this lifestyle very important not only for myself, but the point of being a role model for my loved ones, and my career. The Navy requires us to be within a certain weight range or BF%. Right now, I am over both.

To achieve my goal I will be running again and lifting weights. For my cardio I am focusing on decreasing my 1.5 mile time and preparing for the 5k I signed up for in July. Weights, at home I will use my CLX but I am not afraid of the weights in the gym either. On Saturdays, I plan to treat myself to Zumba. Ultimately, I will be back within standards and still improving my health by the time my husband returns in July.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Welcome Tiffany! Come on in and make yourself at home! Congratulations on your baby girl! If you are able, then you are very, very wise to begin now, while she is still little. I wish I had used that early time to get started and create good habits of daily activity/exercise. It sounds like you are ready with a plan too. Great! Join us in the daily threads and check-in every day to give and receive support (and butt-kickings...lol...not really, we're gentle! haha but being in the Navy, I have a feeling you could take it :happy: )

:smile:
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Jheri, 31 from St. Paul, MN. I'm 5'4", 159# and looking to lose at least 30# or around 22% body fat. I'm currently 32% bf, 105# LBM and have lost a bit of weight and gained muscle 3.3# since beginning of Feb. I started a strength program March 12th, but injured my shoulder last week, which is very discouraging because I didn't realize how important of a body part it is until now! I have learned my lesson and will not push myself too hard anymore for fear of injury risk. I'm not in my 20s anymore lol I have a bf and two furry babies a Pekingese and yorkie/****zu mix, Weebly and Mikaela. No kids yet, but I am mostly doing this so I have a healthy pregnancy someday and lower my risk of disease as diabetes and cancer run in my family. I used to go out for drinks during the week, and now I don't due to the empty kcal and wanting to be healthier. I also cut down on cigs to one a day when I'm working (high stress job as a social worker make it hard to quit). I'm hoping to finish my masters this summer, and look super hot in smaller clothes. My bffs wedding in September and bachelorette party on a yacht in August are huge motivators:bigsmile: I have no friends or family that are committed to this lifestyle. I'm hoping I can have new friends on here that want to be healthy and reach goals together! I've logged in 55 days now, and workout 5-6 days/week. Used to be 3 weight training days, but since I hurt my shoulder I'm doing spinning, step, and I love Zumba, it is what has kept my interest since 2-2-13 when I took my first class. Feel free to add me friends!

Cheers,

Jheri
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to Jheri & TeeTee!!

Jheri, ouchy on hurting that shoulder. Shoulders are one of my weak areas and I do make sure to use lighter weights for that area. It sounds like you have realistic ideas of what you want to do on this health & fitness journey, too. I would like adding you as a friend and will send out a request. Cheers to you and jump right in!!

TeeTee: BIG congrats on your baby girl!! I just became a 4 time granny of a 3 week old little boy. I commend you for taking charge of your health & fitness, too. I can guess being in the Navy requires such and you have great plans to meet them. I use CLX in some of my workouts. It's nice "meeting" you and roll right on with this wonderful group!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey yall, my name is Dina. I 've been a MFP member since August 2012. I stumbled on here by accident looking for low carb recipes, lol! Who knew that I'd find so much more. I got on the weight loss track for a few reasons; 1. being diagnosed w/high blood pressure, 2. it was suggested that I lose a few lbs. by my Dr., 3. I'm planning a wedding & 4. I want to challenge myself to see if I can reverse my diagnosis. I know it's not going to be easy b/c it hasn't been but I know it can be done.
    When I started my journey I worked out heavily & only loss 13 lbs w/in 1 mo. while my fiance loss 13 lbs. in 2 wks. I couldn't believe it & he loss his effortlessly. It was just like I was in one of those diet commericials... Anyway after my fiance's was having issue's with his BP being some ridiculously high number's so we both decided to get strict & follow the Atdkins diet plan. We did really good until Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's rolled around. After fluctuating 5 lbs up or down I'm finally back on track & have learned a lil more about my self & my eating habits.
    When I started MFP I was @ 207 lbs now I'm down to 181. I don't have a scale so I don't weight myself often but I feel more energetic. I've also learned that keeping my sodium low & eating low carb & grain/gluten free has worked wonder's not only for weight loss purposes but for other health condition's I stuggled with like psoriasis & eczema. I'm not perfect at it yet but I'm on my way & seeing better results now vs. when I started.
    I like doing Cardio, strength training & yoga but for now I'm doing Tae Bo & RI30. I'll be incorporating other workout's as I gain more strength. I plan to go back to C25K & weight training again too.
    I'm also learning how to cook & incorporate alternative flours & nut milks or raw recipe's in my eating regimine.
    That's all for now & thanks for the invite. I'll see you around on th forums...
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Dina, hello and welcome!! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself, plus, your health & fitness journey. I wish you great success and with the knowledge you are gaining can't help but reach your goals.
  • ijd99
    ijd99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi~ :) Just saw this group scrolling. My name is Jayne, and I live in Houston. I am very young, and wanted to get on the right track with my body. Dud to hormones(I'm assuming) and metabolism changes, I have lost about 20 pounds in a time span of like 3 months last september/october. I am not trying to lost weight as much as I am trying to tone my body. I count my calories and my fitness regimen very closely. I basically work out whatever areas I have been struggling with through exercises I find online. I am hoping this group will give me the chance to find some new workouts I can do at home au natural with no equipment. Thank you!~
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hi~ :) Just saw this group scrolling. My name is Jayne, and I live in Houston. I am very young, and wanted to get on the right track with my body. Dud to hormones(I'm assuming) and metabolism changes, I have lost about 20 pounds in a time span of like 3 months last september/october. I am not trying to lost weight as much as I am trying to tone my body. I count my calories and my fitness regimen very closely. I basically work out whatever areas I have been struggling with through exercises I find online. I am hoping this group will give me the chance to find some new workouts I can do at home au natural with no equipment. Thank you!~

Welcome Jayne!! Wow, that was alot of weight to lose without trying. It might have been due to your young age, but you might also go to the doctor to have some things checked, in case it is a symptom of something else that might need treatment. Either way, working out and creating a healthier body is always a great thing to do. Hopefully, with some strength training, you'll start to build some muscle and see that scale go back up again! :) There are lots of different workouts being used here in the group (most from home), so I'm sure you will learn more about any kind of workout that interests you. Welcome! I look forward to hearing from you!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options

Welcome Jayne!! Wow, that was alot of weight to lose without trying. It might have been due to your young age, but you might also go to the doctor to have some things checked, in case it is a symptom of something else that might need treatment. Either way, working out and creating a healthier body is always a great thing to do. Hopefully, with some strength training, you'll start to build some muscle and see that scale go back up again! :) There are lots of different workouts being used here in the group (most from home), so I'm sure you will learn more about any kind of workout that interests you. Welcome! I look forward to hearing from you!

Hello and Welcome to the group, Jayne! I am going to "piggy-back" on everything Sherry shared with you above. I workout at home using basic fitness equipment such has hand weights, resistance tube, stability ball, including my own body weight. I use fitness DVDS, too. Looking forward to your posts.:smile:

p.s. I live in Burton which is approximately 85 miles northwest of Houston...Howdy neighbor!!
  • johnodie3
    Options
    Hi my name is Odelle. I am a wife and mother of 2. I work full time and get very little time to myself. This year however, i decided to stop all that nonsense and take care of myself first. 2013 is my gap year!! so on April the 1st i felt that i was finally mentally prepared enough to start and exercise regime. I have started p90x, im currently on Day 18, i find this amazing! I have around 25kg to loose and i struggle with my diet every single day, but im going to get there. I live in Sydney Australia and i hoping this group will help me to keep accountable and give me the strength to succeed when times are hard. Im going to post from tomorrow every single day what i have achieved, Im hoping that this helps me to finish the 90 days and beyond!