Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Welcome Odelle!! I think that making that decision and then mentally preparing yourself is the most important step to getting started. That's exactly what I did! I made the decision mid-2012 and spent about 4 months getting psyched up so that I knew that once I started, I'd not quit in a matter of 2 weeks. During that time, I came across lots of helpful info and inspiration, but most importantly was MFP. I started MFP end of December and have been going strong ever since. Most importantly, I try to make every day count...but if one day is disappointing, I just remind myself to keep going tomorrow, because one bad day is no reason to give up, but it is a reason to do better. You're doing P90x and that is totally amazing!! Rock on!! So, jump in and keep us posted every day. Nice to have Australia represented. :) See you in the daily threads!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Odelle. I am a wife and mother of 2. I work full time and get very little time to myself. This year however, i decided to stop all that nonsense and take care of myself first. 2013 is my gap year!! so on April the 1st i felt that i was finally mentally prepared enough to start and exercise regime. I have started p90x, im currently on Day 18, i find this amazing! I have around 25kg to loose and i struggle with my diet every single day, but im going to get there. I live in Sydney Australia and i hoping this group will help me to keep accountable and give me the strength to succeed when times are hard. Im going to post from tomorrow every single day what i have achieved, Im hoping that this helps me to finish the 90 days and beyond!

Welcome Odelle!! You have the right attitude and wishing you great success on this health & fitness journey. Looking forward to reading your future posts, too.:smile:
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marla. I am 56 married, two married daughters 31 & 34 (who both work out!! yeh kids) We semi-retired early in the mountains in WA state 8 years ago when my husband was 56. I work summers at our summer theater in box office.

Love to hike, swim, go to gym but lately I have fallen in love with new NIA class at gym, it is a dance class that connects jazz, yoga, tai-chee (I know I spelled that wrong) and other stuff, so much fun. We had workshop yesterday and then performed in park for Earth Day.

I used to be thin and gained over my office full time working years and eating the wrong stuff. Yo-yo'd for years and last few years finally settling down lower and lower but doing it slowly so it will stay off.

Part of what I decided a few years back was do something no matter what everyday. It's a goal I try to keep, if we go to larger town for errands I go on river park walk there. If we drive to Seattle I walk around Green Lake, etc.
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Welcome, Marla:flowerforyou: sounds like you are a pretty active lady. This is such an amazing group of daily workout partners so just jump right on in.
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Julie and I am currently 30 years old and unlike a lot of people in this group I have not been blessed with any children YET!!! I am employed in law enforcement so I am required to have the strength and endurance! Slowly but surely I am getting there, day by day!

I am currently 142.9lbs at 5'2" and would like to weigh around 130-135lbs. I am in week 10 of Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Intermediate training program. I also do strength training three times a week. I am going to run my second half marathon on July 21st and possibly a full marathon in September. I took two weeks off and I am getting back into the groove of eating healthy and exercising daily. This group is going to help motivate me and make me accountable to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

Here's to all of us!!

Cheers
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Welcome Julie! Another runner in the group--yay!! (I'm trying to run and love the support & advice from all the runners here.) Keep up with the daily threads and you'll be getting in that 30min/day for sure!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Welcome Julie! I'm not a runner but do other exercises consistently 5 days per week which includes strength training (3 days) and cardio (2 days). We will be rooting you from afar for the 2nd 1/2 marathon event!!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Jules! I'm a halfer right now too!! My next one is July 7. This group is great, and we've got a few runners. How do you like Hal Higdon so far? I'm doing Galloway, but will probably find something new at some point.
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My next one is July 22nd and I am starting the Hal Higdon's intermediate program which I really enjoy. I like to be able to combine strength training which really helps with my running pace. I trained using the Running Room program for my first half marathon and it was good. I want to be able to finish my half in 2 hours or less if at all possible. I want to watch what I am putting in my mouth and ask myself "is this going to help me reach my goal" so excited to have people rooting for me in my corner! I will help motivate anyone and get motivation from other people as well!!!!
  • silverschool
    silverschool Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) My name is Shannon. Quick facts about me:

I'm 34, married, from North Carolina, have 2 kids - 13 yr old girl, 8 yr old boy. I homeschool both of them (just wrapped up year 5!), so call me a WAHM I guess. I just started back up with MFP. I'm trying to become consistent in my exercise & eating habits again.

I skimmed this thread, and saw some runners - Howdy :)

I'm a recreational runner. I've run a handful of 5K's, a 10K, and an unofficial 1/2 M. I would like to run another 1/2 that is official, I'm just not sure when I will start training for one. I'd like to get at least 20# off of me before I do. Until then, I will probably be running 3x a week, with walking in between & strength training.
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Hello and Welcome Shannon!! It's always nice to see new people here that are serious about their overall health. WTG on homeschooling your children...I take my hat off to ALL great educators! You've got some good plans for fitness, too!:smile:
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Allison, I am 35 years old, living in eastern North Carolina. I have one child who is 13 years old, yay for those teen years... whew!! I have a desk job so during the day I am sedentary for over 17 years now... I married my husband last April (2012), so we just celebrated our 1 year anniversary!

Most of my adulty life I have been active, not so much as a kid, so I have been chubby and overweight my whole life. In Febrary 2012 I obtained my 1st degree black belt in Tang Soo Do, which is where I also met my husband!! It took me 3 years to get but I got it.

For physical activity now I run 3 - 4 days a week and do Zumba 3 - 4 times a week, and train in Martial Arts once a week. I had to take a 3 month break last October (2012) because in June 2012 my husband and I were rearended and after months of doctor visits and physical therapy an MRI revealed that I had a huge buldging disc at C7 that required immediate surgery to relieve pressure from the nerve, which meant no working out for 3 whole months.. Boy was that hard!! But on December 29th 2012 I started back and have been going strong ever since!!

Jan. 2013 - Completed 30 Day Shred
    March 2013 - Discoverd and fell in love with ZUMBA
    April 2013 - Completed C25K (on the treadmill)
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Allison. Liked reading your intro and you are one very active lady. You will enjoy this group of Partners and looking forward to your posts.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Allison! So glad to see you here! This groups sorta grew from the RI30 group that grew from the 30DS group. It's nice to have some place to check-in everyday, for accountability to keep on keepin' on. Please jump right in on the daily check-in threads. :happy:
  • Jdot2186
    Jdot2186 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I'm Justin checking in from Maryland. I'm 26 and a beginner and will be starting "All Pro Beginner Routine". I start tomorrow when I get home from work around 5-6 pm. I'm tired of this skinny-fat body I have. Most of my body fat is around my stomach and butt, lol. I'm just ready to start a new lifestyle of being fit and healthy. I began eating more clean within the past 3 months so I'm on the right path. I'm looking for a MFP member(s) to help motivate me to hit the gym and share results.

-Justin
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Welcome Jdot from MD!! I used to call Bethesda (and later Frederick) home. Welcome to the group. Can't wait to hear more about your workout routine (I've never heard of it before). Sounds like you're serious about creating the workout habit that will transform your body and health. That's great! Jump right in to the daily threads. By committing to posting everyday, we make ourselves accountable to others, which leads to greater success. We also get to know a great bunch of friends who are as serious about this commitment as we are. :) Good luck with your starting workout!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Hi Justin and welcome to a great support group! We are looking forward to reading how this journey works for you. You've made one of the best decisions to workout for your general health.
  • kallistei
    kallistei Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kat. I am 20 years old and have been over-weight since childhood. The lightest I've been in my adult life was 220 pounds, which was just 20 pounds from my goal weight. After struggling with depression, anxiety, and going to college, I've put on 80 pounds.

In the past I've always lost weight purely by exercise (cardio/strength training) and calorie counting. I had lost weight in the past (the point I'd gotten to 220), but now am having trouble sticking to my fitness plan for more than 3 weeks. I plan on using the same method of cardio/strength training, counting calories and making sure I get enough of each food group. My main issue is feeling like I have no support and having thoughts like "like no one will hold me accountable, so why bother?"

I'm hoping getting involved in the groups on this site can help me with that aspect.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Welcome Kat! So glad you joined. Well, we can't do it for you, but if you commit to checking-in daily, then you will find support, accountability, and friendship here!

I'm no stranger to losing weight, as I've done it "as needed" in the past. But this time is different for me, I decided that I truly DO want to change my life, by making a lifestyle change. I found that the best way to do that is to form HABITS which will eventually make it all EFFORTLESS. To form a habit, one must commit to doing something repeatedly until they have grown so accustomed to it, that they just do it "automatically" and effortlessly. So, my first task was to commit to COMPLETING JM 30 Day Shred, which I did in January, then RI30 in February. I PROMISED myself that I would do it for 30 DAYS, and I did and I was on my way to forming a fitness habit. During Jan & Feb, I checked in with a MFP group everyday and it really helped with accountability. So, this Daily Workout Partners group is meant for that same kind of daily check-in and accountability NO MATTER what kind of workout you do. Definitely cardio & strength is a SUPER plan and I can't wait to hear what you're upto everyday (even on rest days). I've already learned so much from others here. :smile:
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Welcome Kat! It's going to be nice having you around as many of us understand what you are going through. There is amazing support offered here but you just have to do your part...come in daily and commit to logging. This site makes doing that so easy at least for me.

You are free to view my profile page which gives my "story". This path of improving or maintaining good health & fitness is a daily journey. It is one that first and foremost will require an attitude change. It should not be looked upon as a temporary fix or doing this to look a certain way by some special ocassion or for others. Do this for YOU because you matter! You are very young (from my vantage point :smile: ) and I commend you for wanting to turn things around right now.

I am going to send you a friend's request.