March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Options

Replies

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I just did the heybales spreadsheet, but I'm not sure what to do with the numbers. :laugh:

I never look at my sodium--it would depress me.

Okay, I looked at the TDEE/deficit numbers and it looks like with lifting heavy 3x a week, I could eat 1,900-ish. Meh. I reset everything to 1700 and if I go over a bit, fine, if I'm under, fine. Why is this so harrrrrrrrrrd?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I don't watch sodium. But I just ate over 3000 calories at Jack in the box. So I guess that kinda goes without saying.

Only things I track are calories and protein
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I don't watch sodium. But I just ate over 3000 calories at Jack in the box. So I guess that kinda goes without saying.

@ Doozer bwahahahaahahahah...
    @ extra thanks for the *kitten* slap...backatcha

I've been keeping my sodium between 1500 and 2000...just wanted to make sure that was decent...since obviously my body thinks it needs to hold on to everything! fack.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options

^^ This^^ I just know what I need to completely avoid, like frozen dinners. I never step on the scale Mondays, because I eat out at least twice during the weekend. I pay a lot of attention to protein, I have to literally force myself to eat it, but everything else just falls into place.

@jullie - Btw, I completely agree with the others recommendations of resting and allowing your body to get rid of some water weight. As an example, for the last four weeks I've been up and down the same 3 to 4lbs. I started SL first week of Feb. Last week I got sick so only made it to the gym Monday. Decided to rest the whole week and only do my normal routine around the house, grocery shopping, etc. Sunday morning comes and I decided to step on the scale, and yeah I was down 4lbs from my lowest recorded weight. So, breaks are sometimes necessary.
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I keep a salt block by the side of my bed for those midnight salt cravings.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options

<snort> bwahahahahah
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options

That's not where I'd go for a midnight salt craving solution ;-)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options

That's not where I'd go for a midnight salt craving solution ;-)

@xidia yeah, but he isn't nearly as easily accessible as a salt lick. :wink:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    It's not fat though....I really think it's important that you let that sink in. I totally get that it still sucks and that your pants are still tight.....I gotcha....but you aren't gaining FAT!

I keep telling myself that. It's a mindbending trip deprogramming myself from 30-some years of scale numbers conditioning.

I'm up 2 pounds from last week. Now, that still nets me a 5 pound loss overall since January (yay!), and I did indulge in fried goodness at a local seafood festival this weekend but I'm trying really hard to stay within my calories and be faithful with my logging, and no way did I eat a surplus of 7000 calories last week!

It's muscle ... muscle ... muscle ... muscle. WE ARE BUILDING MUSCLE HERE!!!

Oh and I did a couple 115 lbs deadlifts today. Squee!
    No PRs to report of for squats and OHP but I did maintain last week's numbers on those and added another set on the squat.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

Bahahahahahaha!!!! I just about lost water out of my nose.... :laugh:
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy chalk? Maybe silly question but not sure where to look. I'm at 135 and my hands are noticing this too.
  • RunDoozer
    Options
    Where do you buy chalk? Maybe silly question but not sure where to look. I'm at 135 and my hands are noticing this too.

Amazon
  • zorreena
    Options
    Lets talk sodium....what limit do you guys set?

Mine is set at a default of 2500, and of course, I blew past that yesterday like it was standing still...which would explain why the additional 3.3 pounds when I got on Wii Fit this morning. "Do you think you know why you gained?" Well, yes...because I strapped a feedbag of sunflower seeds on, ate half the bag (it's only a 2/$1 sized bag), and then topped that with pasta, so yes, I think I know why that is.

I've been guzzling water to try and flush that mess out of my system. I love crackflower seeds, but damn...if it's gonna do this to me every time I have a handful or two?

I am having a real issue with "healthy" foods secretly harboring sh!tloads of sodium.

I binged on dill pickle crackflower seeds yesterday too. I was so exhausted yesterday and I just ate what I wanted which was a lot of carbs. I feel better today and am back on track. Some days I just get tired and need a down day. I'm at home with my kids right now but when I used to work I rarely got sick but if I needed a down day I called in sick for that and hung out on the couch all day.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

There is a store here that sells it, called Driven, if you can't find it at home. You can get some when you are visiting MEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

This ^^^^ except for 3000 cal's at JITB. I wish :love:
  • zorreena
    Options

There is a store here that sells it, called Driven, if you can't find it at home. You can get some when you are visiting MEEEEEE!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I will be doing because I have no idea where to find that here.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I will be doing because I have no idea where to find that here.

I asked around here (Toronto) and they said it's the same chalk that is used for rock climbing, if that helps...
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Amazon

Why did I not think of this? I was trying all of our sporting/fitness type stores, and nobody had any. Thanks!
  • vashnic
    vashnic Posts: 93
    Options
    New experience at the gym: Waiting for guys to finish their pushups (!!) in the squat rack. Of all the things. :laugh:

Ended up doing cardio first, and note to self, never do that again if you want to make good progress in weights. :noway:

I may or may not have pulled a back muscle (or at least used it really really hard) during deadlifts (135, barely made it). It was the thought of finally getting to roll on those big 45 plates that got to me. :grumble: :grumble: Now I am walking all stiff like a robot and don't want to bend forward for anything.

Time for self medication? :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • RunDoozer
    Options

This ^^^^ except for 3000 cal's at JITB. I wish :love:

Yea I was under 3500 calories for the past 2 days and feeling it. Had to get some thing in my body to make up for it. So I pigged out right after my workout.

That said I have a really hard time eating as much as I need to healthily. Sometimes being 6'0 and 220 lbs has its advantages and sometimes it's a real pain in the *kitten* when you don't want to eat.