March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Options

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    *wince* Ok, so I took video of my squats and rows. Ugh. It was horrible to watch. Horrible. I hated it.

But the good new is, my squat form still looks good, although I was right on my hunch that towards the end of my reps, what I think is "just parallel" is actually more like "not quite parallel anymore." So I'll need to go EVEN SLOWER, but *sigh*, oh well. Other than that, I'm mostly going deep enough, alignment is good, and I don't think my placement of the bar on my shoulders is causing any issues. Rows look okay, too, you know, other than that I look idiotic, but I think my form is fine.

Okay, now I have to try to purge my brain of seeing what I look like when I'm moving around and stuff.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic for awesome back pics....so here I am pimpin it out...lol..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/915825-awesome-backs-lets-see-it

Ok I caved and took the pic. Came out better than I thought it would so I posted it.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic for awesome back pics....so here I am pimpin it out...lol..

Ok I caved and took the pic. Came out better than I thought it would so I posted it.

Way to go, Doozer! You look great!
  • RunDoozer
    Options

Way to go, Doozer! You look great!

You too !
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Awww I really wanted to take part in the naked back thread but I tried and just wasn't happy with what the camera was spitting out :frown: You guys all look so great though!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @juliem @doozer @ kit - awesome numbers!

I could use 15kg and 20kg plates on some of my lifts now...except...my weakling upper body doesn't let me handle them easily when I'm loading the bar on the floor or propped up on other plates. Does anyone else have this problem?

Can you set your pins at the lowest point and unrack it? That's what we usually do. Just to put the first set of big plates on, the rest can be added on the floor.

If you need to add a second big plate, what you do is roll your first big plate (on one side) up onto a babyweight, so its slightly elevated, then you can slide the second plate on easily. Then take it down and do it on the other sid.e

No rack, sadly. The Oly bar stands upright in a holder when it's not in use. But, just propping one plate up at a time and letting gravity do the work is appealing. I can carry the plates, it's the getting them onto the bar that was a PITA. I'll try it with the 15kg for rows on Friday,, thanks.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Awww I really wanted to take part in the naked back thread but I tried and just wasn't happy with what the camera was spitting out :frown: You guys all look so great though!

do it anyway and post it here at least. I might do that. frankly my back's got nothing much going on, as far as I can tell. I don't know why, it seems like most ladies lean out there and get some nice definition really early, but not meeeee. Of course I'm not really leaning out at ALL so. ..............
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

do it anyway and post it here at least. I might do that. frankly my back's got nothing much going on, as far as I can tell. I don't know why, it seems like most ladies lean out there and get some nice definition really early, but not meeeee. Of course I'm not really leaning out at ALL so. ..............

The worst part is that when I flex I can SEE huge difference from before....what grosses me out is that when I do that, I somehow manage to get some kind of back fat wings that I don't normally have....like the back fat rolls and ewww it's not sexy to me. Although I might just be really hard on myself too.....maybe I will just suck it up and do it!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Might have the hubs get a nekkid back pick, but at 3 weeks in? Not sure what, if anything will shoe except for back fat. That said, it might be nice to have a record to compare with later.

Ok...now I have a TMI question for the ladies...gentlemen, y'all have been warned...

Have any of you had a hysterectomy taking everything but a lone ovary? Nobody in my r/l circle of friends has, so they are no help. Apparently said ovary kicks into high gear every now and again, and I am kinda really noticing stuff that I hadn't before simply because I never really paid attention to myself until recently. In 48 hours time, Wii Fit demon has reflected a freaking FOUR pound gain. Initially I attributed that to sodium, but add to that the fact that my *****ometer is pegged the last two days makes me wonder. They left the good ovary so I wouldn't have to worry about HRT, so obviously the darned thing must be functioning.

I know I could google it, but I have a history of scaring the **** out of myself, so would much prefer the voice of experience, lol.

Thoughts?
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    No advice JulieM, but good luck!

I've noticed from pictures my back fat is reduced! Especially the underneath the bra area. Woohoo!
  • RunDoozer
    Options
    Might have the hubs get a nekkid back pick, but at 3 weeks in? Not sure what, if anything will shoe except for back fat. That said, it might be nice to have a record to compare with later.

Ok...now I have a TMI question for the ladies...gentlemen, y'all have been warned...

Have any of you had a hysterectomy taking everything but a lone ovary? Nobody in my r/l circle of friends has, so they are no help. Apparently said ovary kicks into high gear every now and again, and I am kinda really noticing stuff that I hadn't before simply because I never really paid attention to myself until recently. In 48 hours time, Wii Fit demon has reflected a freaking FOUR pound gain. Initially I attributed that to sodium, but add to that the fact that my *****ometer is pegged the last two days makes me wonder. They left the good ovary so I wouldn't have to worry about HRT, so obviously the darned thing must be functioning.

I know I could google it, but I have a history of scaring the **** out of myself, so would much prefer the voice of experience, lol.

Thoughts?

Take the back pic. I didnt take one and now I'm really wishing I had.

Now I know I don't have any ovaries but I regularly fluctuate between 217 and 223 at any given time during the week. And yea thats before food and water. Lifting really messes with weight loss too. You retain a lot more water at some points than others not just because of sodium but because it's needed to repair them. Weight loss isnt linear. As long as youre mainly trending down youre on the right path but its ok to go up once and a while too.

All that said I know nothing about the woman part of this so all of what I just said could be complete bs and unrelated.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Doozer, I :heart: your answers.

Against my better judgement, I freaking googled, and yes. One functioning ovary can still make PMS symptoms. This is kind of a relief. I have been really cranky this week. And puffy. So not used to this. Puff is not as apparent when you are fluffy, I guess.

Ok, so when I get out of the tub, I'll get the hubs to... *snicker* shoot me in the back, as it were, lmao!
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    May have to do a nekkid back picture for myself tomorrow with my other pics. I know I have a fat roll back there, but I wanna see it vanish. I actually have a "goal" sports bra instead of something like jeans. Bought it love it, but the back fat prevents a good fit. Should have tried it on before I bought it.

I am ready for my induction to the "I can't math club". I wanted to keep my numbers the same so I could work on my form, and me and my I can't math self added 5lbs to my bench and did it. Score! I didn't notice til the next to last set when I was trying to figure out what plates to add for my rows. I was that far in why change it out?

So today
    Squat 60
    Bench 55
    Rows 70

Noticing my hamstrings are tight on squats. Foam roller on the list for weekend shopping for sure.

JM- hope you get to feeling better. I know with My PMS, I can't stand myself.
  • sampson2010
    sampson2010 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So here's something odd. Yesterday, I went over my calories by 1000 (yes, one thousand -- that was not a typo). Not my finest hour, but I was happy that I actually tracked everything. I fully recognized that I was stress-binging and I didn't find a way to stop myself but I did take the time to measure everything out on my kitchen scale before shoving it in my mouth. And in addition to my +1000 calories, I consumed 5802 mg of sodium (that part actually makes me feel even more disgusted that the calories). But here's the crazy part: when I weighed myself today, I had gone down a pound-and-a-half since Monday. Which is a good reminder to me why there is absolutely no point in weighing more than once a week.(Normally, I only weigh in on Mondays, but today, I stepped on the scale out of some morbid curiosity because of how much of a trainwreck yesterday was--before I stepped on, I had to give myself a pep talk about whatever the scale said, it was mostly water retention from my salt extravaganza.) Anyway, I think I've finally decided that anything +/- 5 lbs isn't an issue because my weight fluctuates so randomly from day to day. I'm in for the long haul!

More exciting than my weight... is the weight that I lifted today!
    Squats 5x5 @140
    OHP 5 x 5@ 65
    Deadlifts :5 x155

So I had a crappy day at work yesterday and came home and ate everything in sight, but I had a crappy day at work today and went straight to the gym and now I feel a-mazing. Lesson learned? We'll see.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    I'm just glad to know there's a reason I'm puffy and cranky. I honestly never gave it much thought till now. Who knew? LOL...

Ok...I got a back shot. Y'all don't laugh, because this is probably the most risque thing I've ever posted in semi-public:

6404325_5453.jpg

This is three weeks in (I completed week three last night).
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad to know there's a reason I'm puffy and cranky. I honestly never gave it much thought till now. Who knew? LOL...

Ok...I got a back shot. Y'all don't laugh, because this is probably the most risque thing I've ever posted in semi-public:

6404325_5453.jpg

What are you talking about? Your back looks awesome!
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    @Juliamouse - I have tattoos in the same spots! Shoulder blade and the "tramp". Now there's a conversation we should have TATTOOS!
  • RunDoozer
    Options

6404325_5453.jpg

Yup no laughing here. Good job.

Though I'm sure you'll be glad in 3 months when you look back it and go wow. Look how I've changed
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Lynn, thank you! I have to admit that it surprised me that I could see some definition. When will I quit looking at pictures of myself and not see a fat chick?

Doozer...dude, your back pic is Hawt!

Sampson? Your numbers are awesome!
  • RunDoozer
    Options
    @Juliamouse - I have tattoos in the same spots! Shoulder blade and the "tramp". Now there's a conversation we should have TATTOOS!

@ Juliamouse Thank you. Looks like those damned barbell rows are working.

I have no tattoos yet but I think I've decided at as a goal weight reward I'm finally get one. I never found one that meant enough to me to have it done. But then I realized that Calvin and hobbes was that thing for me.

So looking at getting this done when I reach goal. probably change the wording and find some place to put my daughters name in.

bBGXWLOl.jpg