March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Replies

• fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Vashnic Congratulations On squatting your body weight!!! I look forward to squatting your body weight too! and then mine eventually! LOL! What a wonderful accomplishment!
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    ETA: that our sorry little store carries all of one 2" washer and it's only 0.5876 lbs., altho, I could probably just use them to add a pound per pair. Keep the numbers easy, I guess...

Mine weighs 9.5 oz apiece or 0.59 lbs. Gets you to 19 oz per 2 and 38 oz per 4, or 1.18 lbs per 2 and 2.36 per 4.

It basically puts you in the neighborhood of 1.25 and 2.5 lbs weight increases, which for our purposes is close enough (even though my anal retentive side thinks "No! It's not exact! What do you mean close enough? U crazy!" :angry: )

It's close enough. Really. It is. :smile:

I love them. I'm in fractional heaven right now, because I can safely increase without hurting myself and overdoing it. Came in super handy today. No PRs to speak of but I was very consistent in my lifting and found that balance between form, safety and challenging myself which is what I was looking for.

Final numbers:
    Squats: 2x5 working sets of 67.5 lbs (Between all the warmup sets I somehow got 40 squats in; 10 unweighted and 30 weighted. Holler!)
    Bench: 3x5 working sets of 56.2 lbs
    Barbell Row: 3x5 working sets of 61.2 lbs

Which makes me happy because I really tweaked my back Saturday when I overdid it on the deadlifts and I hadn't anticipated getting anything done at all today since it was still hurting last night, but it felt lots better this morning and I got a full workout in, although I had to use my belt, but that's what those are for, right?

Nice work!:drinker:
  • Soosannah
    Good workout day!

Squats: 125 (bodyweight OH YEAH \o/)
    Rows: 70 (same as last time I hate them so awkward)
    Bench: 75 (feel like a BOSS)

Someone had left a bar with 45s on the floor of my squat rack (yes it is MINE do not touch) like a giant roll of quarters so rude. But! Giant guy in next rack was nice enough to pick up the whole thing and tilt so they all slid off in a stack. Amazing! And new hero. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Also it took like an hour to get through them all SO LONG for limited gym time. But between cardio vs. weights, no contest. :bigsmile:

WTG on squatting BW!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    12 beers left...
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    @tree - 5 gyms? Ok now I don't feel so extravagant about two
    @jay @vash - great work on those numbers!

@doozer - sounds like you have a plan. I had inadvertent deload (complete rest!) weeks while ill & on holiday and came back stronger.

@soos - if you can espn without hobbling, it's worth trying to squat through the DOMS. Just make sure you warm up throughly and pay attention to how you're feeling.

Right off to the gym for my early morning weights sessions...I'm getting used to this.
  • xidia
    Above should say @Soos - if you can *walk* without hobbling...

Hack squats - 5x5 @ 77lbs but the stacked plates mean I'm not getting to parallel and Ripp drowned several kittens this morning. Will repeat without stacks if I haven't got around to joining the other gym (which has a rack or three) by Sunday.

Bench - 5x5 @ 50lbs March target hit!

Row - 1x5 @ 60 and my form sucked. 4x5 @ 55 and it was fine. Going up next time.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Bodyweight squats = :heart:

I'm either going to have to lift really REALLY heavy or lose a sh!tload of weight to get to that point.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    okay, so I've been lurking...feel like a freaking traitor now that I'm only lifting twice a week. But I AM lurking..awesome job on the lifts my lovely BAMFs!!!

Last nights badassery....

I was planning on staying at the same weights...kind of my own version of deloading as it were...but yeah, no. The boys were hogging the squat rack and weight room..even at 10pm at night the big jerks. So I had to get on the elliptical and then work in the smith machine..I was not a happy girl.

Squat - 5x5 90lbs...yeah the same
    OHP - 5x5 50lbs ...up 5lbs
    DL - 1x5 120lbs <---BOOOM!!! yeah, that was freaking hard!!! and I think form might have suffered a little on the last rep. But I even got a "good lift" out of my HAF bf....usually I get a smartass comment like "don't hurt me"...but he actually gave me a nice comment...so I really feel all badass. But man it was hard...so I don't forsee hitting 130 bw in the next couple weeks.

:heart: you guys!
  • Soosannah
    Bodyweight squats = :heart:

I'm either going to have to lift really REALLY heavy or lose a sh!tload of weight to get to that point.

This was my thought toooo! I'm a looooong way from squatting 209lbs!
  • Soosannah
    @tree - 5 gyms? Ok now I don't feel so extravagant about two
    @jay @vash - great work on those numbers!

@doozer - sounds like you have a plan. I had inadvertent deload (complete rest!) weeks while ill & on holiday and came back stronger.

@soos - if you can espn without hobbling, it's worth trying to squat through the DOMS. Just make sure you warm up throughly and pay attention to how you're feeling.

Right off to the gym for my early morning weights sessions...I'm getting used to this.

Wasnt really a hobble, more like a Quasimodo shuffle. Seems to be much better today. The extra day of rest was just what I needed.
  • xidia
    okay, so I've been lurking...feel like a freaking traitor now that I'm only lifting twice a week. But I AM lurking..awesome job on the lifts my lovely BAMFs!!!

I was planning on staying at the same weights...kind of my own version of deloading as it were...but yeah, no. The boys were hogging the squat rack and weight room..even at 10pm at night the big jerks. So I had to get on the elliptical and then work in the smith machine..I was not a happy girl.

DL - 1x5 120lbs <---BOOOM!!! yeah, that was freaking hard!!! and I think form might have suffered a little on the last rep. But I even got a "good lift" out of my HAF bf....usually I get a smartass comment like "don't hurt me"...but he actually gave me a nice comment...so I really feel all badass. But man it was hard...so I don't forsee hitting 130 bw in the next couple weeks.

Welcome back my lovely!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member

I wouldn't feel bad for lifting 2x per week. Sometimes I feel like 3x is tough to pull off. I do so much better if I get two days of rest between lifting days.

Also, great job on your lifts!! Woo-hoo!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member

Sorry you got stuck with the Smith machine. As for the boys, singing "Moooooooove *****! Get out the way!" is an option. :wink:

Congrats on the other numbers! Especially bodyweight squats. You ladies are awesome.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    @CC I was gonna stick my head in there and say "hey baby, how many more sets you got..." but he didn't look like he had a sense of humor...

:wink:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Off to the gym for basically warm up sets .. yay. I know its good for me but my ego doesnt like it.

Anyways just got the email from stronglifts that Inner circle will be opening for registration onTuesday
    March 26th 2013 at 6am Eastern Tim. So watch out for his email if youre interested.
  • hofosho1020
    hofosho1020 Posts: 179
    Hi girls! Everyone's doing so great!!

My numbers this week are OK I guess:
    OHP still 45
    S 100
    Rows 65
    DL (mixed regular and straight leg...I like straight leg better, and keep my back straighter, it seem4s) 65.
    BP....haven't tried the bar yet, I'm a chicken. Did 20lb dumbbells for this day. So, 40. I gotta get over that and just actually BENCH.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Sorry the boys were hogging the squat rack...I have no problem walking over there, asking how many more sets, and then sitting there, starting until the meatheads move their *kitten*. :laugh:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Off to the gym for basically warm up sets .. yay. I know its good for me but my ego doesnt like it.

Anyways just got the email from stronglifts that Inner circle will be opening for registration onTuesday
    March 26th 2013 at 6am Eastern Tim. So watch out for his email if youre interested.

So he's going to send an email invitation at 0600 Eastern? Geez, I feel bad for anyone that's on the west coast, LOL...that's only three a.m. The email I got was kind of vague...
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Sorry the boys were hogging the squat rack...I have no problem walking over there, asking how many more sets, and then sitting there, starting until the meatheads move their *kitten*. :laugh:

I offer to let people work in. But otherwise if you wanna wait and stare go ahead I'm not rushing for anyone. I need my rest inbetween sets. Had people do that I don't really care that they get mad when I take my 5 mins between OHP sets. I can't get through em otherwise so meh
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Ugh today my workout wasn't so great.

It started out with a guy deciding I needed "help" putting the bar into the cage for squatting and he was very condescending. A lot of mansplaining about squats ensued.

The good: I hit 5x5 at 48 kg on the squat (about 105 lbs)

The not-so-good, downright embarrassing, is that on the bench press I failed my second set (29 kg) because I didn't rest long enough (I know this because I was fine for the other sets after that). Instead of calling for help I used the method of tipping the bar to the side so the weights would fall off. It was the easiest thing to do at the time since I didn't know any of the guys. It was pretty embarrassing.
    So next time I'll try the bench press at 29 kg AGAIN (I've already tried it twice at that weight)