Keeping Each Other Accountable

Options

Replies

• CherishQuick
    Options
    Good job everyone...today is day 12 for me. Almost didn't do it because I overslept this morning. Did it tonight. Still challenged by the push ups and that f----ing power jump. Besides, I kept hearing this awful flapping sound....It was ME and my still-yet-to-be-firmed thighs. Just about cried but, finished the routine anyways....
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Day 12 complete! I used my HRM and normally would put High Impact Aerobics from MFP at 379 calories, in fact it was 460 calories. :-) Cant believe I am on Day 12, actually got into the routine of getting up early, it makes my day much more organised as I get more done after my workout. Hows everyone else doing?
    Very motivating!!! I really appreciate the support.
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    I am having my off day today as I am in London all day...did my Plyometric circuit yesterday.....Apprximately 1/6 of the way through insanity and I can feel the benefits already. I have a HRM and I seem to burning more cals than others, do you think it may be faulty?
    Yesterday's workout said I burned 679 cals during plyo circuit.
    I doubt it because if you're pushing really hard then you are actually suppose to be burning that much. If you look on the Insanity web site it says if your's doing it right and really challenging yourself the workouts will burn AT LEAST 500 calories :D but if you don't think you're pushing hard or something and your still getting that high number and you've had the HRM for awhile maybe you should try to replace it and see.
  • BarryWilson1108
    BarryWilson1108 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I definitely am pushing hard - doing as much as I physically can and taking probably an extra 1m 30s break than they do on the DVD's.
    I was just wondering if burning that many cals was about right.
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    I definitely am pushing hard - doing as much as I physically can and taking probably an extra 1m 30s break than they do on the DVD's.
    I was just wondering if burning that many cals was about right.
    I would believe it. you can test your HRM with some other exercises though that you know how much you burn and if it's correct than your Insanity number is correct :D
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Wrapped up day 13 here, pure cardio and abs. Stil trying to do whatever that plank-butt move. I guess it will just take more time. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • nathan_oz
    nathan_oz Posts: 229
    Options
    Day 13 and week 2 complete! didn't think I would get this far! Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs, wow 60 minutes and 560 calories burnt. I think we have all come along way in 2 weeks, I know I have. Cadio Abs was insane, but then I have a bit of a belly to get rid of! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    Yeah, today was intense! Definitely looking forward to a day off tomorrow and seeing how much better I am on Monday with the fit test!! :D
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    day 15 fit test....here's what I've got
    day1, day15
    switch kicks 30, 67
    power jacks 20, 34
    power knees 35 total, 59 total
    power jumps 10, 20
    globe jumps 4, 5
    suicide jumps 4,6
    push up jacks 1, 3
    low oblique plank 13, 25
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    day 15 fit test....here's what I've got
    day1, day15
    switch kicks 30, 67
    power jacks 20, 34
    power knees 35 total, 59 total
    power jumps 10, 20
    globe jumps 4, 5
    suicide jumps 4,6
    push up jacks 1, 3
    low oblique plank 13, 25
    Damn girl! Way to go!!!
  • nathan_oz
    Options
    Day 15: Fit Test complete! I will post results in other topic 'Day 15 Fit Test Results'. Definitely felt a slight improvement from 2 weeks ago! Had a weekend at home and ended up having a spring clean, sorting lots of stuff in the loft, so was quite a lot of lifting and up and down the ladder! I started watching the Formula 1 but couldn't sit still, its all this extra energy I have now! Hope everyone has a good start to week 3 (cant believe we are on week 3!).
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Hah that's hilarious Nathan! No more sitting around being lazy for you on weekends! Isn't it funny how much energy you have when you start working out and how much more your body loves you by giving you mass amounts of energy all day! Keep it up :)
  • nathan_oz
    Options
    Day 16: Plyometric Cardio Circuit done. 410 calories burnt. I can't believe we are into week 3 already and I'm still here! The workout this morning killed me! This one is seriously hard I was literally on the floor dripping in sweat pushing myself to get up to keep moving! I hope this means I am pushing harder and not going backwards!
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    Day 16: Plyometric Cardio Circuit done. 410 calories burnt. I can't believe we are into week 3 already and I'm still here! The workout this morning killed me! This one is seriously hard I was literally on the floor dripping in sweat pushing myself to get up to keep moving! I hope this means I am pushing harder and not going backwards!
    It should stay hard because you should be getting more reps in so you feel the same but you are doing more :D
  • nathan_oz
    Options
    Day 17: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs complete. This 60 minutes of workout is tough but I'm pushing through! Haven't lost much weight over the last week, just 0.2 lbs but that doesn't really bother me at the moment. I have lost 2 inches off my belly and I can notice it! How is everyone else doing on here?
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    I'd like to stay upbeat but not today. Had to break up Insanity Day 17 into an AM and PM session (overslept)....I was feeling good until I realized that the tape measure I thought I was getting was all wrong....still a whopping 32 inch waist and won't even post the hip measurement. I would have done some emotional/angry eating but resisted and now I'm home....danger, danger....too many goodies available. They are having CAKE at my co-workers retirement party....I dare not eat any, here I am doing well and still too big,canNOT afford to be having CAKE!!!! :(
  • nathan_oz
    Options
    I'd like to stay upbeat but not today. Had to break up Insanity Day 17 into an AM and PM session (overslept)....I was feeling good until I realized that the tape measure I thought I was getting was all wrong....still a whopping 32 inch waist and won't even post the hip measurement. I would have done some emotional/angry eating but resisted and now I'm home....danger, danger....too many goodies available. They are having CAKE at my co-workers retirement party....I dare not eat any, here I am doing well and still too big,canNOT afford to be having CAKE!!!! :(

Your doing amazing, the results will come, don't worry about that. Keep your chin up, this isn't a set back and if you do have a piece of cake, don't beat yourself up, the bigger picture is your getting through this really tough workout and WILL achieve your goals!
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Day 18, cardio recovery, still sweating...thank you all for your posts...really, REALLY needed the encouragement. WE are doing this.
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    Hell yeah we are!!! Keep fighting girl!!!
  • nathan_oz
    Options
    Day 18 - Cardio Recovery. Needed this today, got up 15 minutes late, not much but knowing I had this workout helped keep my morning tasks on track! Off out tonight to see a show so food out and a late night, hope i'm up in the morning! Gym introduction tomorrow night!