Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to my Lifestyles Appointment. My last one was on October 24. When I go they use this really cool scale that not only does weight but it also does BMI, Fat %, Fat Mass and other things. Yesterday my weight had dropped from 356.5 at my last appt to 348.5 at this one. My BMI dropped from 41.7 to 40.8. My fat % dropped from 37.2% to 33.0% and my Fat Mass dropped from 132.5 lbs to 115 lbs. It feels good!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to my Lifestyles Appointment. My last one was on October 24. When I go they use this really cool scale that not only does weight but it also does BMI, Fat %, Fat Mass and other things. Yesterday my weight had dropped from 356.5 at my last appt to 348.5 at this one. My BMI dropped from 41.7 to 40.8. My fat % dropped from 37.2% to 33.0% and my Fat Mass dropped from 132.5 lbs to 115 lbs. It feels good!

WOW! :love: That must've been a sight for sore eyes!

That is definitely a sign that you have been working hard and doing things right!

Good for you! Keep up the good work!
  • SD67
    Options

That is definitely a sign that you have been working hard and doing things right!

Thank you!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Thank you!

That's amazing progress and in a very short period of time. Congratulations! I'm a data geek, so knowing all that stuff is really inspiring for me.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    nsv that I discovered this week (although I'm not sure when exactly it happened)

This week I dug out some "nice bras" and wore them. See, basically, I wore nursing tanks as my bra for 2 years (extended breastfeeding) and went straight from that to almost exclusively sports bras (always have to be prepared in case the chance to workout--plus ANYthing was an improvement over those nursing tanks!) with the occasional Jane Russell 18hr variety mixed in. But this week I realized I had some brand new/barely worn "nice bras" in the back of my closet, that I should try and they fit and felt and looked great. Yeah! Next stop: sexy bras.
  • SD67
    Options
    I have a couple of Non-Scale Victories to share.

1. I have now been doing MFP for 50 days. Compared to some that isn't a lot but it proves to me how much I have committed to this whole process. When I looked I believe I only have about 2 of those 50 days I haven't been under my max calories and often by a fair amount.

2. I just went on a 4 day business trip where I was in hotels for 3 nights. On a road trip it would be so much easier to eat fast food and drink pop as there are fast food restaurants everywhere. Instead of that I kept my fast food free commitment and didn't come close to drinking pop. In addition I was able to eat healthy, keeping my calories low. I also had 6 workouts in hotel fitness centers in the 4 days I was gone.

It feels good to be strong and maintain your goals and commitment!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    That's awesome. Like shopping, but for free!

I had an NSV yesterday myself - saw a former co-worker who initially looked right past me until I said hello. He gave me a big smile & told me I've gotten so skinny he didn't recognize me. I used to run into him all the time, but it's been a few months since I've seen him last.
  • jenmck5
    jenmck5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My NSV - we measured ourselves today and I have lost a total of 39 inches. I only counted one arm and one thigh measurements. I'm excited because now I am in size 12 clothes instead of the 18/20 that I was in.

I just ordered a school (teacher) shirt in ladies fit size large. Hope it fits (and is appropriate to wear to school! :laugh: )
  • SD67
    Options
    Hey all, sorry I haven't posted to the group much lately. Busy and most of the time I come onto MFP it is through my Ipad and I can't get to boards on the app.

Anyway, my NSV is that today I finally had enough of my clothes being way too big. I have now lost a total of 41 lbs since Sept 19 and my 52 waist pants were nearing the point of falling down even with a belt (I had put 3 extra holes in it). I went by a store that was having a Black Friday deal (30% off everything) and thought I would check things out. Turns out I can now comfortably fit in a 48 waist. I haven't been in under 50 waist pants in over 10 years I believe. It feels so good. So I picked up 2 new pairs of pants and a new belt.

Woohoo!!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hey all, sorry I haven't posted to the group much lately. Busy and most of the time I come onto MFP it is through my Ipad and I can't get to boards on the app.

Anyway, my NSV is that today I finally had enough of my clothes being way too big. I have now lost a total of 41 lbs since Sept 19 and my 52 waist pants were nearing the point of falling down even with a belt (I had put 3 extra holes in it). I went by a store that was having a Black Friday deal (30% off everything) and thought I would check things out. Turns out I can now comfortably fit in a 48 waist. I haven't been in under 50 waist pants in over 10 years I believe. It feels so good. So I picked up 2 new pairs of pants and a new belt.

Woohoo!!!

success-kid-116342663813_xlarge.png

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jenmck5
    jenmck5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    my sister and I look quite a bit a like and we are both teachers but at different schools. Some of her students saw me lately and then asked her if she had two sisters because I didn't look like the sister that was introduced to them! Yeah!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    my sister and I look quite a bit a like and we are both teachers but at different schools. Some of her students saw me lately and then asked her if she had two sisters because I didn't look like the sister that was introduced to them! Yeah!

That's awesome!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Good one Jen! And you know it's the truth, coming from kids. :happy:

So, the scale has been showing me no love lately. BUT, today I was able to button up a pair of next-size-down jeans that I keep as a guide. I remember not being able to get them over my thighs, then I remember when they'd come up but not even get close to buttoning. Today I buttoned them. They were tight like they had been painted onto my body but had no hang-over muffin-top
    just the way I would've liked them in high school!!! haha!!! Being a little more mature now, I'd not wear them like that now, but it's nice to know that I'm getting closer to making that size my reality.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    So, the scale has been showing me no love lately. BUT, today I was able to button up a pair of next-size-down jeans that I keep as a guide. I remember not being able to get them over my thighs, then I remember when they'd come up but not even get close to buttoning. Today I buttoned them. They were tight like they had been painted onto my body but had no hang-over muffin-top
    just the way I would've liked them in high school!!! haha!!! Being a little more mature now, I'd not wear them like that now, but it's nice to know that I'm getting closer to making that size my reality.

That's an awesome feeling!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Workout NSV today!

Wednesday nights there's a couple who work out with my trainer just prior to me, who are about my age (or even a little older) and are in killer shape. I used to walk in the gym, see what my trainer had Ross & Betty doing, and just think "thank goodness that's not me."

Ran into them tonight at the gym and Betty came up to compliment me on something she saw Jason had me doing on Wednesday. I was doing BOSU burpees (invert the BOSU so the rounded side is down, put your hands on the top of the BOSU for the burpee, then when you stand instead of doing a jump you pick the BOSU up over your head & put it back on the floor for your next burpee). She told me I looked strong & had good form. Was really nice to hear from someone who I've admired.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Ohhh, that is an awesome NSV Laura! I'd take that over a stupid scale number ANY day!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Just wrote earlier today on the daily thread that I feel like I'm already seeing some improvements in my physique from my new gym routine (which I meticulously pieced together). Well, a few hours later, without prompting or even talking about it, my husband spontaneously made the exact same observation to me. That means I'm not just imagining it--there are real changes that I can see in the mirror and he can see too. (giddy!) Hopefully getting stronger too. I'll know that as soon as i get either a notebook or a smartphone to be able to track my gym routine (and the amount of weight going up).
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    That's awesome! Even when you know there are changes it feels so good to have them actually be noticeable to somebody else.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    OH yeah, I had this NSV this past week, or last weekend, I can't remember.

I worked very hard to put my lifting workout together, based on the available equipment and my time limits and what I want to achieve, etc. I used exrx.net and jefit.com to choose exercises. Anyway, I was at the gym doing my upper body workout and this really big, broad, muscle-y guy says "Excuse me" (but in Greek) and starts to talk to me (he switched to English for me). Basically, he wanted to confirm that the exercise I was doing was for the traps and then thanked me for showing him it because he had never seen that exercise before and is always looking for ways to work his traps (which was surprising because he had huge traps, so I rather doubt he has been struggling to find exercises for them, lol). Anyway, it just felt good that I genuinely knew something that the big muscle-bound guy didn't know. heehee Also, the next workout, the trainer who signed me up to the gym asked about what I was doing and we had a nice conversation about the program I had set-up and he seemed very impressed with it. Much of the goals I have for myself revolve around being a more active, fitness-oriented person and so this particular NSV is really great for me.

Oh yeah, as long as I'm blabbing away. My kids have definitely been influenced by my new lifestyle, especially my daughter who will spontaneously break into "push ups" (well, the closest I've ever seen a 3yo do anyway) and the other day she "helped lift" Daddy up to the pull-up bar. It was so cute b/c he always holds her and helps push her up a little to do pullups, but this time, she had him around the knees and was "helping to push" HIM up on the bar. heehee, I think she may grow up to be a little personal trainer! :laugh:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Weights are going way up at the gym. I'm getting stronger! Yay!