My Last 17

Options

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow, reading back through this thread is difficult. What a struggle it is. What a high it is when it works. What a low it is when you don't get the results you want. How could I go through all that and then just gain it back? Easy, you know it is, a couple of glasses of wine here, some chips there, no workouts for a few weeks. Damn.
    So how do I take another run at this? What do I do differently? One of the things that started happening is I went harder and harder as the results slowed down. But really even being 141 felt so much better than 145 does now. Problem is, how do I allow myself the occasional indulgence so I don't feel deprived, without it turning into weeks? I am not sure, all I know is I am not done this journey yet.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Quote:"I have been back and forthing about whether I will be ready to stop when I hit 135. I think I "could" go lower, but for my sanity I need to maintain there for awhile. Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day, I was hanging out with the family on the deck, and I couldn't even have a light beer or share in the ice cream or have corn on the cob because I am on this rigid program. I am tired of that, I want to and deserve to live a little. This is not rebellion talking, because I am not using this rationale to go out and blow my diet. I will stick with it. But dangit I want to enjoy the summer. And that means watermelon, beer, the occasional slurpee or freezee. Maintenance. Pleasure. That will be my mission soon enough, to enjoy without gaining. ""

The above by the way is the thought that killed it all. So I need to incorporate some kind of Saturday treat day or something to keep myself from feeling deprived. This is going to take the whole summer- I can't go the entire time without a little release. Going to have to do some thinking around this....
  • stephanj
    Options
    Today was a challenge but I feel better already cutting some carbs back.

1-jul2-146.6 ugh!!!!
    2-jul3
    3-jul4
    4-jul5
    5-jul6
    6-jul7
    7-jul8
    8-jul9
    9-jul10
    10-jul11
    11-jul12
    12-jul13
    13-jul14
    14-jul15
    15-jul16
    16-jul17
    17-jul18
  • ctroni
    ctroni Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good progress today! I initially started the 17 DD on January 2nd and I have lost 36.5 lbs. I am now PROUDLY weighing in under 200 lbs. I am at 196 right now but ultimately would like to be around 185 ~ far away from 200 lbs. As a mother and wife age 41, once you weigh over 200 its all down hill. I NEVER want to go back. My nephew is visiting with me this week, so its hard to follow the diet to the "T". But after he leaves, its on.

Good luck tomorrow. I am cheering you on. . .:flowerforyou:
  • stephanj
    Options
    Thanks ctroni! Great job on getting under 200, sometimes those milestone weights can be the toughest to beat and you did it! Thanks for the support!

1-jul2-146.6 ugh!!!!
    2-jul3-same
    3-jul4-143.8!
    4-jul5
    5-jul6
    6-jul7
    7-jul8
    8-jul9
    9-jul10
    10-jul11
    11-jul12
    12-jul13
    13-jul14
    14-jul15
    15-jul16
    16-jul17
    17-jul18
    [/quote]
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! I LOVED reading your thread! By the time I got to it you were already off, but its so good to see you back on. You REALLY inspired me to give this a shot. I'm going to give it a go again with ya. Maybe doing this with someone else will help keep me accountable and follow it more strictly. IDK, either way, you were such a HUGE inspiration. You rock!
  • stephanj
    Options
    Glad to have another buddy! Thanks for the nice things you said :-)

I have to say checking in every day is really key, it helps keep track of the ups and downs. Most important for me is realizing why I fell off the wagon when I was so close, and this record is an important piece of information.
    When you look back at it you can't help but thing "oh no, she was so close, why did she give up?" lol. But let me tell you, I was super-restrictive for over a month, I was not doing social things because I was avoiding temptation, I was eating food that quite frankly I didn't enjoy (this is the super low carb phase we are talking about) and I felt like I wasn't having any fun. Life is too short not to have fun.
    I think what happened is I started getting too strict, too gung ho, for too long. Then when I had my eye surgery, I couldn't work out or really function well, and couldn't see to log in, then a week later I sprained my toe and so the workouts took another nosedive, and by then the food was well off track. In other words, life happens lol.
    So this time, I am taking it a little slower, trying for a loss of 2.5 lbs per month, which should get me to my 10 lb goal in 4 months. Slow? Yes! But I am eating around 1400 cals per day, and allowing myself some cycle 2/3 foods, and for me to be honest this is sustainable for 4 months, this is not suffering or dieting, just eating really well. It is the summer so I will allow myself some light beer or wine from time to time as well.

1-jul2-146.6 ugh!!!!
    2-jul3-same
    3-jul4-143.8!
    4-jul5-143.4
    5-jul6-144.8 (shrug?)
    6-jul7
    7-jul8
    8-jul9
    9-jul10
    10-jul11
    11-jul12
    12-jul13
    13-jul14
    14-jul15
    15-jul16
    16-jul17
    17-jul18 - goal 142
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • ifaber
    Options
    I would agree. Checking in and writing it out was so helpful! Even now, looking back, I know my problem was that I felt so restricted and I knew I had things coming up that I wanted to enjoy. I can't lie, on July 12 I will probably be eating some cake and ice cream because its my son's bday, I'm making the cake, and I LOVE CAKE, LOL! But aside from that, my goal is to follow Cycle 1 and nail it.I'm not a calorie tracker (I know, so rebellious), but I found that it really stressed me out to log and worry about if I was under, over, etc. So now I primarily log my workout calories to get an estimate of how much food I should be eating. And I let my energy levels tell me that too. I would love to lose 8-10 lbs in this phase. That would be ideal.

Even though this isn't my last 17 days...I would love to join in on the thread! So here are my rules for the next 17 days: Cycle 1, 5 workouts a week, 20 cups of water a day.

1-jul5 - 163.6 (1 lb gain from my last weigh in so I'm happy with that!)
    2-jul6
    3-jul7
    4-jul8
    5-jul9
    6-jul10
    7-jul11
    8-jul12
    9-jul13
    10-jul14
    11-jul15
    12-jul16
    13-jul17
    14-jul18
    15-jul19
    16-jul20
    17-jul21
    18-jul22 - Final Weigh In Goal: 155

I am planning on getting through this phase by trying to make if FEEL unrestrictive by finding ways to make my meals taste AMAZING so I think I am eating exactly what I want. Hey, in theory it should work right?!
  • stephanj
    Options
    I am so impatient!!!!!!!!
    I wanna lose weight NOW! LOL there that's my little tantrum.
    The scale hasn't dropped yet, even though I feel like I have been an angel. But if I am really honest it has only been Tuesday-Friday that I have been sticking to the plan, so I need to give it more time. Like you I am striving for balance- I was really proud of myself that I managed to work a light beer and some pistachios in the evening into my calorie allowance. Would I lose faster if I cut out alcohol and nuts? Probably. Would I last 4 months on this? Probably not. I have a huge family thing on the 13th and I will be having wine!
    The good news: I stuck to 1200 net this week, got a workout in every day, ate 10 fruits and veg per day which is unheard of. Didn't feel like I was dieting at all, felt like I could keep it up forever.

Wow 20 cups of water a day that's awesome! I love your rebellious attitude, 17dd is perfect for you then cause you don't have to log. Here's to a good weekend. I am going to fit in yoga plus insanity today, because we have a BBQ dinner and I want to earn some extra calories.

1-jul2-146.6 ugh!!!!
    2-jul3-same
    3-jul4-143.8!
    4-jul5-144.8 corrected got my days wrong
    5-jul6-144.8 (shrug?)
    6-jul7-
    7-jul8
    8-jul9
    9-jul10
    10-jul11
    11-jul12
    12-jul13
    13-jul14
    14-jul15
    15-jul16
    16-jul17
    17-jul18 - goal 142
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • ifaber
    Options
    Ok, ok, ok. This weekend may not have been the best time to start! Sheesh...I have been out and about since Friday and have not had a good day YET! I could have made time by sacrificing those events to get my food together and done but I'll be honest and say that I wanted to just chill out since my mother in law has the kids for the week. That means date nights and quality time with the hubs to do whatever. But this horse isn't dead bc EVERYTIME I wake up in the morning I know supposed to complete this cycle and I will. I will do this! So today I'm going to prepare all my meals and get everything in order bc this will e the beginning of my success with this.

If you get to a place where you didn't feel like you're dieting yet your choices are healthy and moving you to the right direction, I'd say that's a win in my book! But don't worry, I know it's going to start melting off and soon both of us will look at ourselves and know we've arrived! This is going to be a great 4 months for you and I!!!

I'll weigh back in tomorrow...see ya then!!!
  • stephanj
    Options
    Ok, ok, ok. This weekend may not have been the best time to start! Sheesh...I have been out and about since Friday and have not had a good day YET! I could have made time by sacrificing those events to get my food together and done but I'll be honest and say that I wanted to just chill out since my mother in law has the kids for the week. That means date nights and quality time with the hubs to do whatever. But this horse isn't dead bc EVERYTIME I wake up in the morning I know supposed to complete this cycle and I will. I will do this! So today I'm going to prepare all my meals and get everything in order bc this will e the beginning of my success with this.

I was going to write exactly this, but you put it so perfectly I am jus copying and pasting! I feel like I have had a bit of a false start, can we just agree to start fresh?
  • stephanj
    Options
    My body hates carbs. It just does. I can try and try to make it work, but as long as I am eating flours and breads I just don't lose.

Struggled with moderation this week. I know I need to in or pirate a few fun foods into the weekend to make this sustainable, but I also know that those fun foods get out of control. So this week I am experimenting with carb and calorie cycling. Monday and Wednesday are low calorie days. Tues thurs sun are moderate calories. Fri and Saturday are a few hundred higher. No eating back exercise. If I can stick to that and even get a 1 lb per week loss I could live that way for a long time, which is what I need to do.

1-jul2-146.6 ugh!!!!
    2-jul3-same
    3-jul4-143.8!
    5-jul6-144.8 (shrug?)
    6-jul7-145.8
    7-jul8-147.2 wrong freakin direction lady!!!
    8-jul9
    9-jul10
    10-jul11
    11-jul12
    12-jul13
    13-jul14
    14-jul15
    15-jul16
    16-jul17
    17-jul18 - goal 142

This weekend I ate fabulously I must say. The thing is none of it was unhealthy per se. Organic rice chips with fresh salsa, homemade chickpea burgers on wholegrain pita, almonds raisins and cherries as snacks. Light beer. You see I love to eat real whole foods, so this whole "quit coke and white bread" movement doesn't address my problem. My problem is my body is so close to ideal weight it's difficult to get a deficit, so I have to be perfect, and I am not perfect.

Here's to a day of drinking water to get rid of the poof!
  • ifaber
    Options

I was going to write exactly this, but you put it so perfectly I am jus copying and pasting! I feel like I have had a bit of a false start, can we just agree to start fresh?

Yes, I agree, fresh start it is!!!
  • ifaber
    Options
    Fresh Start and renewed vigor. Didn't workout at ALL this weekend...was sick but still managed to eat bread every chance I got...TOM came...and went...and here we are at 164. Sheesh...can anything else happen?! Well even if it does, I'm going to have to tell it to get in line because I have some goals that need to be met. As previously noted, this Friday will be a somewhat lax day since its my oldest kid's, my numero UNO, my big boy's 10th bday!!! That's a bid deal for me, probably more so than him but big deal none the less! So yes, that will be a chill day. But aside from that I'm going to be strong!

Here are my rules for the next 17 days: Cycle 1, 5 workouts a week, 20 cups of water a day.

01-jul08 - 164
    02-jul09
    03-jul10
    04-jul11
    05-jul12
    06-jul13
    07-jul14
    08-jul15
    09-jul16
    10-jul17
    11-jul18
    12-jul19
    13-jul20
    14-jul21
    15-jul22
    16-jul22
    17-jul22
  • stephanj
    Options
    Yah having a good day!!!!
  • stephanj
    Options
    Now we're cooking with gas! Down to my "real" weight this morning! I ordered Shaun Ts new T25 workout, so excited. I am thinking I'll finish off my JMBR this summer and then start it in the fall. I go to Hawaii in December, but I really want to be at my goal by November 1st to be safe, so I can lose a few safety pounds.
    Feeling a lot more optimistic now!

1-jul2-146.6 ugh!!!!
    2-jul3-same
    3-jul4-143.8!
    5-jul6-144.8 (shrug?)
    6-jul7-145.8
    8-jul9-144.2 better!
    9-jul10
    10-jul11
    11-jul12
    12-jul13
    13-jul14
    14-jul15
    15-jul16
    16-jul17
    17-jul18 - goal 142
  • ifaber
    Options
    Cannot WAIT for TOM symptoms to officially go away! Sheesh! But yesterday was a pretty good day. Today is going to be even better too. I just know it. You are so close to your goal weight Steph! You'll be there in NO TIME! PLEASE tell me how you like T25. I know its probably awesome but of course just to hear the confirmation will be nice. I won't get to it, if at all, until around November-ish though so I have plenty of time to hear everyone's take on it.

01-jul08 - 164
    02-jul09 - 164.2 (uhmmmm, ok?)
    03-jul10
    04-jul11
    05-jul12
    06-jul13
    07-jul14
    08-jul15
    09-jul16
    10-jul17
    11-jul18
    12-jul19
    13-jul20
    14-jul21
    15-jul22
    16-jul22
    17-jul22
  • stephanj
    Options
    T25 is so back ordered I won't get it for a month! But I want to start in in sept because I can focus on it better, summer is too distracting! The calorie cycling is going well so far.

1-jul2-146.6 ugh!!!!
    2-jul3-same
    3-jul4-143.8!
    5-jul6-144.8 (shrug?)
    6-jul7-145.8
    8-jul9-144.2 better!
    9-jul10-144.6
    10-jul11
    11-jul12
    12-jul13
    13-jul14
    14-jul15
    15-jul16
    16-jul17
    17-jul18 - goal 142
    [/quote]
  • ifaber
    Options
    I imagined it would be! There is so much hype around it now, its kind of hard NOT to want to order it. I'm just glad I won't be ready for it until the fall...hopefully it would have slowed down by then.

Yesterday was a good day, can't complain. I'm so ready to just be the shape I want to be but I know its going to take patience and time. I just have to keep chipping away one inch and one pound at a time. My hubby was like, 'I see you are fitting into your clothes again.' HA, he always notices my changes before I do!

01-jul08 - 164
    03-jul10 - 163.4
    04-jul11
    05-jul12
    06-jul13
    07-jul14
    08-jul15
    09-jul16
    10-jul17
    11-jul18
    12-jul19
    13-jul20
    14-jul21
    15-jul22
    16-jul22
    17-jul22
  • ifaber
    Options
    Slowly inching along...but if I continue at this rate I SHOULD be right around my target goal weight for this cycle. As much as I would like to think I have this great will power, I don't. I'm still struggling on this cycle DESPITE my WANTING to do it 100% compliant. But in time I know this is really supposed to be a tool to use for you to understand HOW to eat and how to maintain your physique once done. I feel like I am slowly becoming less and less of a foodie...but stopping cold turkey has really been difficult. Regardless, I am happy for the journey I am on.

01-jul08 - 164
    03-jul10 - 163.4
    04-jul11 - 163
    05-jul12
    06-jul13
    07-jul14
    08-jul15
    09-jul16
    10-jul17
    11-jul18
    12-jul19