Anyone currently doing RI30?

Options

Replies

• Happytofu
    Happytofu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm totally new to the community here, though I've been using MFP for almost two years.

I just finished day four of R30. (I'm still damp... ew.) One thing: I can get through all of level one with no breaks or modifiers... except the push-up. I do the modifier, and even that's iffy.

Does anyone have a success story for push-ups? I've never done one proper push-up in my life. I can barely do the modifier!! I have decent strength and great cardio stamina but... I swear I couldn't do a push-up to save a drowning kitten!! It's really frustrating. :\
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Happy tofu...i am also not able to do pushups. It sounds crazy to me..Lets see when can Jillian make us stronger to do the same..

CM Winner : Search on goggle you would get video to watch online.
    I did Week 2 day 1 today (Completed Week 1, Week 3, Week 4 (2 days))
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Did Week 2 day 2 :D
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Found it!! Thanks so much!

Right now I am trying to decide if I should re-start at week 3 or should I go back to week 1 or week 2? It's been over a month since I worked out, and I have gained weight back. :frown: I've been bad with what I've been eating and sneaking in things I shouldn't. :frown: I need to get back into a routine to maintain what' I've done.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm going through RI30 again, love it. I like it more than 30DS. I feel like RI30 focuses more on strength training/muscle building while 30DS feels like it's more emphasis on the cardio.

Generally if it's been more than a couple weeks of not doing it, I go back to week 1 until I feel ready to move on.
  • Happytofu
    Happytofu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4 of level 2. I definitely notice my planking improvement but I'm still doing regular modified pushups instead of crows... :grumble:
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am doing RI30 - I'm still on week 1 - day 4 today. I have been doing modified pushups, and abs, but feel like I am improving a bit every day.

Wondering whether to move to week 2 next week, or repeat week 1 to do the higher level exercises I didn't do this week. I have read that others repeated week 1.
  • VelcroButt
    VelcroButt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I personally like to do each level more than the recommended 5-6 times so I feel like I've really mastered it and can do the advanced version of most or all of the exercises. I do each level 8-10 times before moving on.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am doing horrible at keeping up with doing this. :sad: I have switched to do it at night, as I just have a hard enough time getting up in the morning to do it. I did it Sunday night, but the last two nights I haven't gotten home way to late at night to do it. Hopefully tonight when I get home (I'm out again tonight) I can have time to do it.
  • Maqui04
    Maqui04 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 i like it a lot this one and i think is more easy than the 30 Day Shred but with days im gonna say that more secure lol but today was easy but makes me sweat a lot and i like that cuz Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred dont make me sweat like that and is like Jillian says if you sweat you are burning calories!
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing RI30 :) I've been doing it for 25 days now. Not in a row, but what I do is five days on - 2 days off - five days on. I've been doing it since October 14th, and I have done the workout now 25 times. I'm on level 4 day 3. :)

I've already had really good results too :)

noface.png
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing RI30 :) I've been doing it for 25 days now. Not in a row, but what I do is five days on - 2 days off - five days on. I've been doing it since October 14th, and I have done the workout now 25 times. I'm on level 4 day 3. :)

noface.png

Great photos, well done on the toning up and weight loss and thanks for sharing the photos with us, very inspiring
  • JennergyKC
    JennergyKC Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just started week 3 today and it is TOUGH. But... does she miss 30 seconds of strength in circuit 1? We did the chair squat with high-low rows only once. Or was I supposed to do that for a full minute?
  • mrsmarquez11
    mrsmarquez11 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 week 1 of RI30, I also like it much better than 30DS. Friend requests are welcomed
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30DS and started RI30 yesterday. I LOVE IT! I'm so glad I did 30DS first tho. :) I am going to do each week 6xs.
    I've got a rotation going on with RI30, 6W6P, Yoga Meltdown, and Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift BUM BUM. :)
  • Finkerbell
    Finkerbell Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just started RI30 today. I really like it (so far lol). Very glad I already did 30DS. I felt kinda familiar with most of the moves.
  • Finkerbell
    Finkerbell Posts: 154 Member
    Options

noface.png
    Wow You look great! Thanks for posting the pics. It gives me hope lol.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jackie Warner stuff lately, I like her strength training better, and running for cardio. But it snowed today (wtf winter!) so I'm going to give Week 3 of RI30 a try because I refuse to put on winter running clothing in April.
  • JennergyKC
    JennergyKC Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Finished Ripped in 30 yesterday! Yay! My weight stayed stable but I definitely gained a lot of muscle. Moves that were impossible at the beginning are no big deal now. I definitely recommend it, but I'd also recommend doing 30DS first to prepare! Now I'm gearing up to start Six Week Six Pack on 4/28. Got to get ready for vacation in June!
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Finished Ripped in 30 yesterday! Yay! My weight stayed stable but I definitely gained a lot of muscle. Moves that were impossible at the beginning are no big deal now. I definitely recommend it, but I'd also recommend doing 30DS first to prepare! Now I'm gearing up to start Six Week Six Pack on 4/28. Got to get ready for vacation in June!

I agree with doing 30DS first. I am still on week 1 of RI30 but already feel stronger. i am 2 weeks into 6W6P...i LOVE this video! :)