April Check in & Chat - Spring into the Squat Rack

1232425262729»

Replies

• DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Dani, I love your new picture. :happy:

Just wanted to check in super quick before bed and the end of the month. I'm officially done with round 1 of Stronglifts! :drinker: :happy:

Thanks!! I want to see if I can get a shirt made with it. :smile:

Congrats on finishing your first SL cycle!!!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    sneaking in here as the Yanks aren't up yet to create the May chat thread!

so... weighed in this morning, intend to not weigh until 1 June!

I've put on probably 4 or 5 lb since starting stronglifts, and my question is this:

Should I adjust my cals down from 2000 to say 1800, and increase on lift days, or should I just try to stick to the darn target for a few weeks and see what happens?! lol..
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Finished session 10 last night. I have not really increased my weight on anything but deadlift. I have been concentrating on form. I was struggling with squats until I watched a video on girlsgonestong.com. It was so helpful, I am now much more confident and will be increasing the weight.

I have to do a seated OHP as our celing is too low. I am so weak at these, I managed 45lb - 3,4,4,5,5 last night. This willnot defeat me, I will win!!!!

iwoodroff - I have no advice for you on calories, I question mine everyday, I do not think I am where I should be yet. Good luck.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    I have to do a seated OHP as our celing is too low. I am so weak at these, I managed 45lb - 3,4,4,5,5 last night.

Do you do any warmup sets? Since you managed the 5 reps at the end, you may need to add some (more) warmups in there and see if that helps.

lwoodroff: Be consistent with your calorie intake for awhile before making changes. I only had minor, minor changes in weight and measurements, but my eating was erratic. See what consistency does for you for a few weeks before tweaking.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    thanks girls, I will try to be strong! just get so hungry now with the lifting..
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    @chubby checkers: Congrats on finishing round 1! You posted some awesome numbers there.