Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Use photos and measures to monitor as you will see the difference but the scales don't budge much, it is all due to building a nice strong body which burns fat nicely. Keep the cals up else u will starve the muscles
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am a barefoot fan, my knees hurt a little to start but I land soft as guided and that takes the pressure off, am on week five and hate doing it with footwear, does not give me the full stability I like
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, newbie here! I'm Dhennie and I'm on Day 15 (Fit Test 2). Not really seeing any solid changes. For instance, I only lost a quarter of an inch. :sad: Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

I'm following the Nutrition guide, but thinking that the Very Active factor may be too generous for me. I'm thinking of changing it to Moderately active and wait until the next fit test to see.

Would love some support from fellow Insanity friends! Any advice? :flowerforyou:
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had to take the weekend off as we had guests over and were out for all of Sunday; I was pretty bummed. I'll also tell you, people, two days kicked me out of the insanity mindset. I almost didn't do it today. I think it's also partially because I had a bit of popcorn and carbs make me feel like utter crap. So there I was, lying around, being completely unproductive (unless you count reading these threads as productive), and then I figured if I'm going to be unproductive anyway, I may as well *try* to do the video. So I did it (pure cardio), and I was so pumped I did 30 day shred right after. Now I feel awesome and I'm ready to be productive! WOO can't wait for tomorrow's insanity video!!
  • koolaidman67
    Options
    Just got done with pure cardio. Didn't wear my hrm and I know I pushed myself way harder than last week when I wore it. Surprised myself on how much I did before I had to take a break! Just keep pushing play everyday!
  • isjoyous
    isjoyous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We found it easiest to do the cardio abs before the pure cardio.
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Had SO much trouble getting up today and getting in the workout...but I did...now I feel like absolute crap :( hope I'm not getting sick...one more day until rest day...and it can't come any faster. Still loving the program...:) almost done week 2!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had to take the weekend off as we had guests over and were out for all of Sunday; I was pretty bummed. I'll also tell you, people, two days kicked me out of the insanity mindset. I almost didn't do it today. I think it's also partially because I had a bit of popcorn and carbs make me feel like utter crap. So there I was, lying around, being completely unproductive (unless you count reading these threads as productive), and then I figured if I'm going to be unproductive anyway, I may as well *try* to do the video. So I did it (pure cardio), and I was so pumped I did 30 day shred right after. Now I feel awesome and I'm ready to be productive! WOO can't wait for tomorrow's insanity video!!

Nice work! Keep it up!
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I finally completed a round of Insanity after several attempts.:love:

I have lost 14 pounds and several inches! This is an awesome workout and I want to complete another round before my b-day (late June), but I don't know if I should do a hybrid of Insanity/p90x or just another round of Insanity.

Thoughts?
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I took 1st place and pocketed a nice cash prize!

Congrats!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Today I did HHA Total Body Burn and Hips, Buns & Thighs. Actually broke a sweat, lol. Tomorrow is Max Plyo and Cardio Abs....kinda nervous!
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    I took 1st place and pocketed a nice cash prize! Big thanks to MFP for helping me figure out the nutrition side of all this and for everyone's stories and support!

Nice work! Congrats!
  • ECR1989
    Options
    Hi, newbie here! I'm Dhennie and I'm on Day 15 (Fit Test 2). Not really seeing any solid changes. For instance, I only lost a quarter of an inch. :sad: Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

I'm following the Nutrition guide, but thinking that the Very Active factor may be too generous for me. I'm thinking of changing it to Moderately active and wait until the next fit test to see.

Would love some support from fellow Insanity friends! Any advice? :flowerforyou:

Hi there! I'm only a few days behind you! I'm not really an expert enough to say but there was a video with Shaun T where somebody posed this question. He said 'do you press pause? are you giving your all?' stuff like that... I've also heard that you see the most results in the second month? How many cals are you on now? What would be the difference between very active and moderately active?

I'm doing day 13 today, first day of pure cardio and cardio abs.... freaking out slightly but i'm psyched too, cos i love new workouts!! :) I'll be back to report how I get on...
  • fauvism
    fauvism Posts: 4
    Options
    I finally started month 2 yesterday, since I repeated month 1 for various reasons. It feels like I'm starting insanity all over again, since when I first started I had to take a number of breaks and was extremely awkward performing all the moves.

The one thing I DID NOT like about the workout was those spinning football sprints he has you do after the first circuit is done. I found it so hard to get through the rest of the video since my head was spinning for the rest of it, so I know for next time just to do the sprints to the left/right.

Month 2/Day 2 today :'(
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    On my last week of Insanity and did Max Interval Plyo today. The program is amazing. I have never felt so strong and confident in myself before. I plan to repeat the program and continue to do so until I can get through every workout without stopping (and doing as many push-ups, etc as Shaun is). Nutrition is SOOOOO important. I eat protein and carbs before bed, if I don't, I do not have the stamina the next morning. Good luck all....keep pressing play!!!

LET'S GO Y'ALL!!!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The one thing I DID NOT like about the workout was those spinning football sprints he has you do after the first circuit is done. I found it so hard to get through the rest of the video since my head was spinning for the rest of it, so I know for next time just to do the sprints to the left/right.

They made me dizzy too! Good idea just going sideways!!
  • dsendre
    Options
    I finally completed a round of Insanity after several attempts.:love:

I have lost 14 pounds and several inches!

Congrats!!! Did you take before/after pics?

As for me, I did Max Interval Plyo this morning and now only have 1 day left to complete the round!!! Will be posting my before/after pics soon.
  • ECR1989
    Options
    Congrats to all of you who are on month 2 or about to finish! It's so inspiring for me to see people who've fought through it all and come out the other side!

I had my first day of pure cardio and cardio abs today. Wow what a killer! I had to take rests today and I'm not going to lie and say I didn't find it extremely difficult! I think it's because I know I have a rest day tomorrow, it's calling to me!

Anyway so glad I did it! I then went to the gym with my friend and did another full ab workout and 15 mins on the elliptical. I think I"m crazy sometimes...
  • esmo13
    esmo13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can those of you who have completed a full session let us know when you started to see serious results. I'm on recovery week and starting month two on Monday. So far I havent lost any weight so feeling a little discouraged but I've heard all the results come in month two so I'm trying to stay strong and push through. I know I need to make sure and stick to my diet because I think that has been my downfall.
  • dsendre
    Options
    Can those of you who have completed a full session let us know when you started to see serious results. I'm on recovery week and starting month two on Monday. So far I havent lost any weight so feeling a little discouraged but I've heard all the results come in month two so I'm trying to stay strong and push through. I know I need to make sure and stick to my diet because I think that has been my downfall.

Hopefully this will help. As you can tell, I didn't get obsessed with MFP until about 1/2 of the way through Month 1. Most of the changes happened first to my lower half in Month 1. I didn't really notice any changes in my upper half until Month 2. However, I noticed inches lost starting half-way through Month 1 and was wearing different pants by Recovery Week. I only weighed myself once per week.

WeightLost_zpsf0e53288.jpg

CaloriesBurned_zps295a4cf2.jpg

NetCaloriesConsumed_zps4449dae6.jpg