Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    I made it! W3d1! I ran 3 whole minutes. TWICE. I honestly was doubting my ability but I made it. Who knew? ;)
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I too did my W3D1 tonight. I was stressing on it all day, but just went out there and did it, and am so glad that I did. Woot!!
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm new to the group and finished W1D1 yesterday and I can't wait to do W1D2 tomorrow morning! It wasn't as horrible as I thought it was, but pushing a baby stroller this time around makes it a little more challenging. (as if running wasn't challenging enough :# ).
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone. Keep it up!
  • secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    New to the group too. I did W1D2 today. Woo hoo!
  • BRich_15
    BRich_15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D3. I couldn't believe how much easier it was then I thought it would be. I am pumped to move on to week 3. :smile:

You are just ahead of me, I'll be watching your progress. I'm moving on to week 2 next.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi. It's cold out so I decided to start it with the pdf for the treadmill. I looked it over and went to the gym...and got home to realize I did way better than was requested. I did the 5 minute warm up then I did one on and one off from minute 5 thru 26. I ended up doing 11 minutes of the jogging instead of the recommended 8. I was so happy. And, I just walked it out after the last one to do 2 miles in less than 32 minutes.

I really appreciate all the boards I have read that talks about going slow. I walked a 3.3 and jogged a 4.7. It made it very doable and I really felt so good about it.

I have a 5K on Tday, but had no intentions of even starting this program to even jog any of it. I just wanted to get the walk in so I could chow at lunch lol.

It is just amazing to do something new you never ever thought you would be able to do.

I've already planned out 6 5Ks next year starting in June. Pretty much one per month!

FYI - I'm 5' 7" 233 pounds and 45. I'm all excited now for day 2.

Thank you everyone for this group and being here.
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D1 too. I honestly didn't read the description, I just started the workout and got into my audiobook. My jaw dropped a little when I saw I had a 3 minute jog coming up, but I took everyone's advice to take it slow. I was on a treadmill and went slower than I had been when I was doing 90 seconds--and it worked. I was able to get through 3 minutes! I am wondering if I should repeat week 3 before moving up to week 4 so I can get my speed on the jog intervals up a little bit? But then I know that speed isn't really the name of the game so I will probably go on to week 4. But admittedly I am very undecided. :wink:

It is nice to see that others are at the same point in their training. (It is cool to consider myself training). Now it is time for bed. :smile:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D1 too. I honestly didn't read the description, I just started the workout and got into my audiobook. My jaw dropped a little when I saw I had a 3 minute jog coming up, but I took everyone's advice to take it slow. I was on a treadmill and went slower than I had been when I was doing 90 seconds--and it worked. I was able to get through 3 minutes! I am wondering if I should repeat week 3 before moving up to week 4 so I can get my speed on the jog intervals up a little bit? But then I know that speed isn't really the name of the game so I will probably go on to week 4. But admittedly I am very undecided. :wink:

It is nice to see that others are at the same point in their training. (It is cool to consider myself training). Now it is time for bed. :smile:
    I would move on.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

I would move on.
    I agree. Move on. Run longer to run faster. The more miles you can run to build up your base the faster you will get. You will be pretty surprised at how much you can improve once you start running thirty minutes at a time.

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Did w3d2! Crazy how well this program works. I finished two miles in 28:57 for the first time ever! Wasn't even trying :)
  • yourfriendchristine
    Options
    Just finished W7D2 WhooHoo! Almost there!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I did my W3D2 tonight! It was 41 degrees and raining when I started, but I had the biggest smile on my face when I got back to my hotel room! :smiley: I won't like....I'm petrified for next week already, but excited at the same time.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

I will be following you. I am doing W1D2 tomorrow.
  • yourfriendchristine
    Options

Great job!

• loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just ran W6D2 tonight, in 36 degrees and rain. Not my fastest (12:39 min./mile) but pretty proud for getting out there and doing it regardless.
  • carmenFL1560
    carmenFL1560 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

This morning I ran W4D2. I repeated W3 since I was struggling with running 3 minutes at a time and was scared I could not go up to 5 minutes. I took it slow and it was not as bad as I expected to run 5 minutes. I don't know if it was rather mental motivation to repeat W3 or I really physically needed. Anyhow I feel more confident that I can go up to 8 minutes next week.
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I almost talked myself out of it because it was getting too late at night to go run. I laced up and went out to do W1D2 last night anyway and I'm so grateful I did!
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I went to the podiatrist today because I was having some pain in my feet. He thinks it is tendonitis and steered me towards more supportive inserts. Excited to get back to running tomorrow morning. :smiley:
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    W5D1 with Mom - she's doing GREAT, I just hope W5D3 doesn't discourage her. And had my first experience with a chafed lip. Apparently the seams are thicker on my fleece lined leggings. OWIE !