Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    W4D2 finished! I'm seeing a trend of this being one of the toughest weeks.
    I thought I was going to die! Lol
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just back from W3D1.

I was nervous about stepping from 90 second intervals to 3 min intervals, but I managed fine! Wasn't at ALL as bad as I thought. I just slowed the pace to manage the distance.

Whoop!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just back from W3D1.

I was nervous about stepping from 90 second intervals to 3 min intervals, but I managed fine! Wasn't at ALL as bad as I thought. I just slowed the pace to manage the distance.

Whoop!

Congratulations.

• snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I finished W4D1 today and it was one of those days where I felt fantastic the whole time--like I could have run longer. I have slowed down and so my distance has really not gotten better since week one, but I understand that will come in time. It was just so awesome to get through 5 minutes of solid running without stopping.
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    this morning was W3D2.

Freezing cold and heavy rain, so more challenging today. But I didn't make excuses and I still did it fully, so I'm happy enough.
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    WTG Lazybuthealthy! I am not sure I would have been able to do it if I had been in your place so I am incredibly impressed with your determination.
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    Thanks... Iv'e been making excuses for 15 years so it's about time I own my choices.
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    Since it was a rest day for c25k, but I had extra time at the gym I decided to use the program to guide me through intervals on a stationary bike. I have to say it made the bike ride so much more fun for me. I have never been one who could sit and pedal for 30 minutes straight but having the cues to up the intensity and lower the intensity (jog and walk) made it much more enjoyable. I will probably do that again if I find myself at the gym with the time but not able to do the run.

I am also glad I didn't push myself to run today. I had such an excellent run yesterday that I was tempted, but I am trusting the program and so I didn't want to do two days in a row. I can't wait for the day that could be possible though. :smile:
  • bambis
    bambis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I ran 3kms today, and it was not horrible! 2.5 minutes more than last week :)
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D2 today. 2/3 of the way through I was like....NO. But, at that point with only 2 more intervals I did it and kept on walking after that to hit one hour and 3.3 miles. I'm still just trying not to look at the following weeks...lol.

Now I have to find stretches that work for me! I was stiff last time and I'm worried about later this evening. Yoga mat time.
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    StrawberryJam--This may sound silly, but I had not thought of continuing to walk on the treadmill after I finish a session. Now all I keep saying to myself is "why didn't I think of that?" LOL. I may give myself the chance to finish listening to the rest of a given chapter of my audiobook! :smile:
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Completed W8D1 today! Every run gets better and better—my first 5K is next Sunday!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Week 4 is done (did today's in the rain lol!)! I can't believe I am half way.
    Excited, yet terrified to start next week.
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    Great stuff!! well done!

I ran both Saturday and Sunday, and should be on a rest day today.
    However, I'm travelling to Denmark tomorrow morning for meetings until Friday. I'm bringing my running gear but I genuinely don't know if I'll have time to run (there are evening things scheduled too) plus as I've never been there I'm unsure if I'll be in an area where I can run.

Should I run again tonight just in case?
    I'm going to my first park-run on Saturday (though I'll be following C25K for that so as not to screw the programme plan).
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great stuff!! well done!

I ran both Saturday and Sunday, and should be on a rest day today.
    However, I'm travelling to Denmark tomorrow morning for meetings until Friday. I'm bringing my running gear but I genuinely don't know if I'll have time to run (there are evening things scheduled too) plus as I've never been there I'm unsure if I'll be in an area where I can run.

Should I run again tonight just in case?
    I'm going to my first park-run on Saturday (though I'll be following C25K for that so as not to screw the programme plan).
    If you feel like running, do it. But don't be discouraged if you struggle with the run. Three days in a row might be a bit much!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    cdwyer74 wrote: »
    W8D3 COMPLETE! I still cannot believe I did it and am running for 30 min straight. Now I am not running a 5K in 30 min but I will get there. It took me longer to finish this program because I did this totally backwards. Believe it or not I have never ran a 5K race but have done 3 1/2 marathons in the last year ( 2 of them were completed in the last 3 months). I did intervals in those 1/2 marathons but mostly walked them. My goal has always been to run them and I am getting closer to my goal. Because I did those 1/2 marathons in between doing the C25K program I had to repeat a couple of weeks due to recovery time but I am proud to say that I officially completed the program and excited to move on to Bridge to 10K next. I think I am going to continue to run the 30 min for the next 2 weeks then move on. Thanks everyone along the way for the wonderful support!

Congratulations! Keep going.
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 4, and am struggling with it. A couple weeks ago, I nearly made it through Week 4 Day 1, having to stop and walk for a minute just once during the second 5 minute jog. Then I was sick for about a week, and when I tried to go back to Week 4 Day 1, I failed miserably. So I did Week 3 again on that day (last Friday), and hoped to get back to Week 4 today.

I got through the 1st 3 minutes fine. Only managed 3 1/2 minutes of the second jog (supposed to be 5), did the next 3 minutes o.k., then totally tanked on the last 5 minutes. Did a minute and a half, walked, did another 2 minutes, then wanted to die. :\

I don't want to go back to Week 3, so am thinking of just working my way up to completing Week 4. Maybe I can do 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, until I am comfortable getting to the 5 minute jogs? Would that make sense?

I honestly don't care if this program takes me 6 months, as long as I can eventually get through it. It has been a goal of mine to run a 5K, and I'm finally doing something about it!

Also, I'm doing this on the treadmill, since my first attempt trying it outside a couple years ago resulted in my tripping over a rock and spraining my ankle so badly I was on crutches for several weeks. I figure the treadmill is a bit safer for me at this point. I do it on an incline of 2.5 or 3, because I found I was getting shin splints if I didn't use an incline.

I started the program trying to jog at 5 mph. LOL!!!! Dropped down to 4.5 mph for the first couple weeks, which seemed comfortable at the time. Now am at 4.3 mph, which is better as the jogging portions get longer. I'm not sure I can drop lower than that and still have it be considered jogging!

Will try again Wed. and see what happens. :smile:
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 4, and am struggling with it. A couple weeks ago, I nearly made it through Week 4 Day 1, having to stop and walk for a minute just once during the second 5 minute jog. Then I was sick for about a week, and when I tried to go back to Week 4 Day 1, I failed miserably. So I did Week 3 again on that day (last Friday), and hoped to get back to Week 4 today.

I got through the 1st 3 minutes fine. Only managed 3 1/2 minutes of the second jog (supposed to be 5), did the next 3 minutes o.k., then totally tanked on the last 5 minutes. Did a minute and a half, walked, did another 2 minutes, then wanted to die. :\

I don't want to go back to Week 3, so am thinking of just working my way up to completing Week 4. Maybe I can do 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, until I am comfortable getting to the 5 minute jogs? Would that make sense?

I honestly don't care if this program takes me 6 months, as long as I can eventually get through it. It has been a goal of mine to run a 5K, and I'm finally doing something about it!

Also, I'm doing this on the treadmill, since my first attempt trying it outside a couple years ago resulted in my tripping over a rock and spraining my ankle so badly I was on crutches for several weeks. I figure the treadmill is a bit safer for me at this point. I do it on an incline of 2.5 or 3, because I found I was getting shin splints if I didn't use an incline.

I started the program trying to jog at 5 mph. LOL!!!! Dropped down to 4.5 mph for the first couple weeks, which seemed comfortable at the time. Now am at 4.3 mph, which is better as the jogging portions get longer. I'm not sure I can drop lower than that and still have it be considered jogging!

Will try again Wed. and see what happens. :smile:

Feel free to slow it down even more. Running the time is more important than going fast. I missed a week of running and I wasn't enjoying my run today until about fifteen minutes in. It doesn't take too many days of to get sluggish. Just keep moving (as slow as you need) and you'll be on the next day in no time.

• IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Feel free to slow it down even more. Running the time is more important than going fast. I missed a week of running and I wasn't enjoying my run today until about fifteen minutes in. It doesn't take too many days of to get sluggish. Just keep moving (as slow as you need) and you'll be on the next day in no time.

I'll definitely try that next time, thanks! :)

• Lavenda93
    Lavenda93 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Completed W5D1 today, and I'll say it wasn't So bad. Although the second 5min jog was a bit tougher than the first and the last, so glad I was able to see it through. Day 3 of this week scares me, but I'll try not to stress over it too much and just see how it goes.