Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Lavenda93 wrote: »
    Completed W5D1 today, and I'll say it wasn't So bad. Although the second 5min jog was a bit tougher than the first and the last, so glad I was able to see it through. Day 3 of this week scares me, but I'll try not to stress over it too much and just see how it goes.
    Slow down and enjoy the run. You will do just fine. Keep telling yourself you can do it. Trust in the program, your body is ready to run 20 minutes straight by then!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    loratliff wrote: »
    Completed W8D1 today! Every run gets better and better—my first 5K is next Sunday!

Good luck. How awesome and congrats...week 8.

• StrawberryJam40
    Options
    StrawberryJam--This may sound silly, but I had not thought of continuing to walk on the treadmill after I finish a session. Now all I keep saying to myself is "why didn't I think of that?" LOL. I may give myself the chance to finish listening to the rest of a given chapter of my audiobook! :smile:

I didn't today, but I should have. I want to just get in the habit of continuing on after to always hit my 5K mark each time. Therefore, seeing the time gap close as I spend more time jogging and less time walking. Then I won't be worried about speed yet.

• StrawberryJam40
    Options
    Finished W2D3 today. It went well. But, Friday starts week 3. I'm just determined to do it...and try until I get it. :p
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I started the program trying to jog at 5 mph. LOL!!!! Dropped down to 4.5 mph for the first couple weeks, which seemed comfortable at the time. Now am at 4.3 mph, which is better as the jogging portions get longer. I'm not sure I can drop lower than that and still have it be considered jogging!

Will try again Wed. and see what happens. :smile:

I am also in week 4. I am at 4.0 for many of the jogging sessions so far, and sometimes 3.8. It isn't fast but I am using jogging motions and not walking. So my two cents is slow down. :smile:

Long term, I want to get up to a faster rate of speed, but the experienced people here have always said speed will come as I build more of a running base so I am trying to trust in this process and know that one day I will be faster. :smile:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Speed will come with more running. I shaved 3 minutes off my 5k time in the year following C25k, just by running regularly.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done today - in Chicago...and dang it was cold. Gobble Gobble!!!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Completed W1 Day 3... Terrified of Week 2 :neutral_face:

It felt good to finish day 3 though. I thought my asthma would make me pass out, but somehow I did it :smile:
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the runners out there who celebrate it.

And I hope to finish week 4 on Friday (no child care at the gym today). I am so glad I started this program and pushed through the scary parts. It has been such an amazing feeling to lose myself in a run. :smile:
  • BRich_15
    BRich_15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I go away for a few days and come back to read all your posts and find everyone is doing so well. Well done everyone. As far as I am concerned any progress even just another 30 seconds is progress.

I've still been keeping at it. Week 4 day 1 completed on Tuesday and day 2 is tonight. Can't wait to get out there after reading all your posts. I'm so motivated now.

MrsR2B
    Bride in training
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Did W8D2 in between cooking today. Shaved a minute or so off my time from W8D1. Tomorrow is the final workout—wow! For everyone just getting started, stick with it and don't be scared! :)
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    Finished W4D2 today after doing Your Are Your Own Gym workout Day 2. It was leg focused and let me tell you my legs are definitely feeling it tonight. But it felt like such an accomplishment to finish it. Now I am going to go lay down and read a good book while I let my body start to recover. :smile:
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well, I finished yesterday! My first 5K race is tomorrow. Feeling great and very proud.
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    congrats lora! And good luck on your 5K! :smiley:
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 completed! Waiting for today's run :)
  • BRich_15
    BRich_15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lora great going.

Week 5 day 1 last night, day 2 tomorrow can't wait. I've been doing an extra few minutes after each session so I hope that day 3 the dreaded 20 min run will be easier than I think. Keeping that for Saturday when I can run in the park in daylight.
  • AshleyNicolePedigo
    Options
    I'm on week 5 day 2 today and I'm worried about just running 8 minutes straight now, let alone, the 20 minutes on day 3! Don't get me wrong, I have noticed it getting easier on me and I keep pushing myself even when I think I'm about to fall over dead. I never thought I could jog more then 60 seconds. Now I'm pushing 5 minutes alright. I don't know if I'm doing very good on speed or distance though. I did my first couple weeks outside but now on treadmill since it's cold. I normally try and go 4.5 mph. I got ballsy Monday and did 5.0 the first 5 minute section. I've been barely getting over 2 miles in, with warm up and cool down. I know, main thing is just go as fast as you can so I don't wanna push myself too far but I just feel like I'm not getting in enough distance. Well always looking for new friends if anyone wants to send me a friend request.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    A good test for pacing is to speak a short sentence aloud while running. If you can't speak the sentence or huff-puff and/or pant your way through it, you're running too fast. Slow down.
    In general, any time you feel winded or tired while running, don't stop running but slow down.
    Each of us is different but when I was training, I ran much slower than you are doing. I ran at 5.0-5.4Km/hr (3.1 - 3.4 miles/hr). If you're having troubles keeping to the schedule (especially for the 20 minute run) just slow down.
    You're doing great!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Finished week 5!! I still cant believe I ran for 20 minutes!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, Miss Rose!!!! That's an awesome milestone! You did great!