Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Week 9 day 2... I found out I like running in light rain. 1 more day to go.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i love running in the rain. in tech clothes. cotton sticks and feels smothering to me. :wink:
  • brant710
    Options
    So happy to report I did week 9 day 3.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up. Anybody out there?
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Week 1 Day 1 on Tuesday. Any suggestions for a first timer? My lifestyle is very sedentary and I am approx. 135lbs overweight. My plan is to take it slow but I am very motivated to begin living an active life again. I wish you all the best with your goals this year.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I'm starting Week 1 Day 1 on Tuesday. Any suggestions for a first timer? My lifestyle is very sedentary and I am approx. 135lbs overweight. My plan is to take it slow but I am very motivated to begin living an active life again. I wish you all the best with your goals this year.

Take it slow, make sure you have good running shoes, keep telling yourself you can do it (it really is a mind game!) You can do this!

• mbaker566
    Options
    @Just_Ceci is right
    slow and steady gets it done
    good fitted shoes (see your local running store) helps prevent expensive doctor visits.
    local running stores also often are connected with running groups and may host workshops and events useful to beginners
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    The Best Advice anyone new to running can get is
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Take it slow, make sure you have good running shoes, keep telling yourself you can do it (it really is a mind game!) You can do this!
    and again
    moyer566 wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci is right
    slow and steady gets it done
    good fitted shoes (see your local running store) helps prevent expensive doctor visits.
    local running stores also often are connected with running groups and may host workshops and events useful to beginners

Right Now is a great time to hit the Running Specialty Shoe Stores as they are trying to clear out the 2015 Models and the Winter Specific shoes to make room for the 2016 Shoes. Some great deals. As they would say its a Shoe Box sale.
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had gotten into week 7 in November before December snuck up with ALL THE THINGS. So I've been doing random runs for the last week, week 2 here, week 4 there, and am going to try week 6 day 3 today. Hopefully I didn't lose all my endurance and can move on to week 7. Cross your toes!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    :) enjoy
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 1 Day 2 today. While I still can't imagine myself doing the Week 5 exercises (I looked ahead to see what I was getting into haha), today I actually felt OK about running. Even though I'm still convinced grandpa and his walker could pass me on the jogs, today I did not hate the running and towards the end started to enjoy myself. Might leave the coonhounds at home though--it was hard to run when you had two dogs criss-crossing in front of you!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i didn't look ahead because i was afraid i would psych myself out
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've just done W5D1, the three blocks of 5 minute runs were tiring but definitely do-able! First 8 minute runs next time, wish me luck...
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    I've just done W5D1, the three blocks of 5 minute runs were tiring but definitely do-able! First 8 minute runs next time, wish me luck...

You've got this! Slow down and keep reminding yourself you are capable. It's really a mind game from here on out!
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 complete! 25 minutes of slogging in the books!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    cyndi2012 wrote: »
    Week 7 Day 3 complete! 25 minutes of slogging in the books!

great job
  • Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just finished week four yesterday. I just realized there was a group for C25K.

I must admit that I'm slightly nervous about week 5 day 3.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @Priss08 you got this
  • brant710
    Options
    Just wanted to leave a note to encourage all of you on this journey. I just started the bridge to 10k program and if I can complete the couch to 5k program anyone can.
  • Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 Thanks! I'm starting week five tomorrow bright and early.