Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    HeidiThe9 wrote: »
    Hmm, I just realized I had skipped a week!
    I THOUGHT I was on w2D2, but it looks like I just completed W2D3 last night. I had trouble completing W1D3, and meant to re-do it the next day, but I just checked and I guess I just advanced.
    Huh.
    Should I re-do a week? or just start week 3? The run last light was hard, but I completed it. I even was able to increase my speed the last 30 seconds to an almost sprint.

Great progress! Move to week 3! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Right there with you. W6D3 was this morning, and I almost made it through. Got 21 minutes into the 22 minute stretch and my stomach wasn't haven't it anymore, so I decided to walk the last minute instead of push on and risk yakking. I may have to start eating something first in the AM? Not sure how to handle this one, 2 times in a row I've petered out at the end...

One minute does not matter! You are doing great! :) Two more weeks and you are done - can you believe it? :)
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W6d2 is done! No more walking! :)

Nice job, Aine! You're killing it!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Thanks! I had two 14 min runs, and it was not easy, but not terribly hard either... :) Hope to do a 24 min run this weekend! :)
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Oh boy... 24 minutes. That sounds SO LONG, doesn't it? I'm sure you'll do fine, you're just lining up the workouts and knocking them down!

I'm considering trying to repeat W6 since I came up just short on D2 and D3. I don't know... I'm going out of town tonight and I have to be up and out of the hotel pretty early tomorrow, so I may have to wait until Sunday to decide what I'm going to do.

Keep up the good work!
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Thanks! I had two 14 min runs, and it was not easy, but not terribly hard either... :) Hope to do a 24 min run this weekend! :)

Wow! Well done! I'm going to repeat week 6 starting Monday as my running buddy had to stop the other evening in day 2, and I am on my friends bridal shower weekend tomorrow all day and night, so running is out tomorrow and possibly Sunday too depending on how late Saturday night is for me!

I'll be back on it Monday, back on it hard! I'm really motivated to get to running a full 30 mins.

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Figure I'll stop lurking and join the conversation, even though you guys are way further than I am, haha. Just finished W4D2 today, and while day 1 made me feel like my legs were going to fall off, today felt great. I even kept going for another minute after the last 5 minute run just to see if I could :smiley: .

I think finally bringing something to cover the time with and watching a show on my phone rather than listening to music helped a lot (I'm on a treadmill for now). I wasn't distracted enough for the past couple and I just obsessively watched the time go down. Not a great time!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    xLyric wrote: »
    Figure I'll stop lurking and join the conversation, even though you guys are way further than I am, haha. Just finished W4D2 today, and while day 1 made me feel like my legs were going to fall off, today felt great. I even kept going for another minute after the last 5 minute run just to see if I could :smiley: .

I think finally bringing something to cover the time with and watching a show on my phone rather than listening to music helped a lot (I'm on a treadmill for now). I wasn't distracted enough for the past couple and I just obsessively watched the time go down. Not a great time!

Awesome! If I am running on treadmill sometimes I watch a movie too! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Oh boy... 24 minutes. That sounds SO LONG, doesn't it? I'm sure you'll do fine, you're just lining up the workouts and knocking them down!

I'm considering trying to repeat W6 since I came up just short on D2 and D3. I don't know... I'm going out of town tonight and I have to be up and out of the hotel pretty early tomorrow, so I may have to wait until Sunday to decide what I'm going to do.

Keep up the good work!

Just start running and see how it goes! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Wow! Well done! I'm going to repeat week 6 starting Monday as my running buddy had to stop the other evening in day 2, and I am on my friends bridal shower weekend tomorrow all day and night, so running is out tomorrow and possibly Sunday too depending on how late Saturday night is for me!

I'll be back on it Monday, back on it hard! I'm really motivated to get to running a full 30 mins.

Have fun! Can't wait to see your report on Monday!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Did W2D2 yesterday. It is still a struggle, which is a little frustrating, since I know that I can run a lot longer on the treadmill. But, that's why I started over again when doing it outside - I knew it was going to be harder. I am running faster (on average) than I do on the treadmill. I really like the stats I can get using the rundouble app. I can see that not only am I faster than on the treadmill, but that each day has been a little faster than the last.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week 6 finished! Two more to graduate! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    Did W2D2 yesterday. It is still a struggle, which is a little frustrating, since I know that I can run a lot longer on the treadmill. But, that's why I started over again when doing it outside - I knew it was going to be harder. I am running faster (on average) than I do on the treadmill. I really like the stats I can get using the rundouble app. I can see that not only am I faster than on the treadmill, but that each day has been a little faster than the last.

Keep pushing! :)
  • xLyric
    Options

Way to go! Bet that feels good!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Way to go! Bet that feels good!

Yes, it does! :)
  • xLyric
    Options
    Halfway there! Finished W4D3 today. Tried to do 4mph on the treadmill, but after the first run I dropped it back down to 3.7/8 for the rest. You wouldn't think .2 would be that much of a difference, but I couldn't keep it up without being way too out of breath. At this point I'll be doing a 60 minute 5k haha. :fearful:

I'm really looking forward to the 20 minute run on W5D3, though I'm also dreading it. For some reason I just feel like once I know I can do the longer runs it'll go by even more quickly.
  • amber_beaney
    Options

Well done! :)
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Halfway there! Finished W4D3 today. Tried to do 4mph on the treadmill, but after the first run I dropped it back down to 3.7/8 for the rest. You wouldn't think .2 would be that much of a difference, but I couldn't keep it up without being way too out of breath. At this point I'll be doing a 60 minute 5k haha. :fearful:

I'm really looking forward to the 20 minute run on W5D3, though I'm also dreading it. For some reason I just feel like once I know I can do the longer runs it'll go by even more quickly.

Hi there, well done on getting this far, I wouldn't worry much about the speed, the way I look at it is that we are going way faster than anyone sat at home on the couch!
  • njaalla
    njaalla Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! Newbie here, started with W1D1 the day before yesterday, going for the next "run" tomorrow. I just wondered how do you keep track of the time? I had my smartphone in my pocket, but the sound it made whenever a turn was over was soo silent that I ended up running more than 60 seconds most of the time. Couldn't feel the vibration either. I adjusted the sound to the highest volume, didn't help. I also turned the voice on, but it wasn't much louder.

I guess it works better with headphones on?
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 3 yesterday! My 5-year-old came out to run with me. I ran slower than usual since he was with me, and I didn't have problems with my breathing. (Sinus infection is gone, thank goodness.) I think I'm going to slow down all my runs until my breathing is better.

Since my son is 5, we played run/walk tag while training. He doesn't have the focus to run for three minutes, but playing tag, he could. We had fun.