Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    sleepigrl wrote: »
    Finished week 7 today. I had some bad runs last week, so I took an extra day with week 7. But with two 25 min runs in the bag, I feel ready to move on. The finish line is in sight!

Nice! I am right behind you - should finish week7 this Saturday! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    Did W3D1 today. It was the first day that rundouble does as distance, rather than time. I was curious how it would compare. Turns out, when doing a timed C25K, week 3 has the same number of running minutes as week 2, but using distance, I actually didn't go as far. So, I guess my speed is acceptable. That 400 yard run uphill was tough, though. I just kept telling myself that I knew I could do it. And, I did. (Fortunately, I got to walk most of the longest, steepest hill.) The two downhill runs on the way back were a piece of cake.

Awesome! I am yet to transition to the outside. Maybe will try this weekend...
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Did W3D1 today. It was the first day that rundouble does as distance, rather than time. I was curious how it would compare. Turns out, when doing a timed C25K, week 3 has the same number of running minutes as week 2, but using distance, I actually didn't go as far. So, I guess my speed is acceptable. That 400 yard run uphill was tough, though. I just kept telling myself that I knew I could do it. And, I did. (Fortunately, I got to walk most of the longest, steepest hill.) The two downhill runs on the way back were a piece of cake.

Awesome! I am yet to transition to the outside. Maybe will try this weekend...

I was going to wait until later in the season, but the weather got so good! I do know that I'm risking being forced to skip days when I was planning to run (and we really do need more snow before the warm weather really gets here), but I just couldn't wait to get off the treadmill!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    W6D1 done again, looking forward D2 on Wednesday.

You and me both! I took a few days to figure out what I wanted to do: push on or go back. Woke up this morning and couldn't decide if I wanted to work out or run. Work out or run? Looked at the W7D1... Run for 25 minutes. Okay, so work out or repeat W6. I knew if I skipped it I wouldn't go back, so I bit the bullet and re-launched W6.
    You guys are smart! It's true you need to listen to your body and slow down and repeat weeks as needed. Slow and steady will get you to the finish line! :)

Thanks! Not sure if it was due to smartness or necessity, but it is what it is. I figured I'm not on a schedule or anything, I can just do what I need to do. It's not like anyone is keeping score, right?

So W6D2 is in the books and complete (this time!). This is where I started to falter last week when I couldn't quite make it all the way to the end on the last 10-minute interval. I actually was NOT feeling it this morning: I was tired, I was hungry, and I was running late. I actually told myself, "If you're dying, just step off and we'll do it again next time". I gave myself permission to fail ahead of time. Guess what? Ran it with no issues. Well, only one. The new music app I'm using was playing some cool old school rock songs, and right at the end, with 2 minutes left in my last segment, when I need that last burst of energy to push through, friggin Nirvana comes on and all I can think of is this depressed, grungy guy that killed himself. Not exactly the big PUMP I was looking for, but still got through with no problems! Hoping I can get through to W6D3 the same way this weekend.

Keep on keeping on everyone!
  • NancyN795
    Options
    Did W3D2 today. I was faster than on day 1. However, I turned around a little sooner after the "you are halfway" announcement, which shifted where I was running in relation to the downhill sections just a bit. I don't think that it was enough to account for the speed difference, though.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done. Sister and I both agreed it was the absolute worst run we'd had to do, and we think it's because we'd had a couple drinks the night before, not enough water, and then a huge lunch. Ran it later in the evening and by the end we were tired and worn down. Hopefully we don't do as poorly on the next run, since it's the dreaded 20 minute one.
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everyone is doing so well! Week 6 day 3 done today, managed it ok, legs are tired now, but I'm just pleased to have done 25 mins straight! My pace seemed to be faster according to my fitbit too so I'm quite pleased :) Bring on week 7! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Did W3D2 today. I was faster than on day 1...
    Nice! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

So W6D2 is in the books and complete (this time!)... Guess what? Ran it with no issues... Hoping I can get through to W6D3 the same way this weekend.

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Awesome job! Let us know what W6D3 goes! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    xLyric wrote: »
    W5D2 done. Sister and I both agreed it was the absolute worst run we'd had to do, and we think it's because we'd had a couple drinks the night before, not enough water, and then a huge lunch. Ran it later in the evening and by the end we were tired and worn down. Hopefully we don't do as poorly on the next run, since it's the dreaded 20 minute one.

Happened to me too... Eat too much, drink too much and the run is bad... Good luck on the 20 min!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Wow! Everyone is doing so well! Week 6 day 3 done today, managed it ok, legs are tired now, but I'm just pleased to have done 25 mins straight! My pace seemed to be faster according to my fitbit too so I'm quite pleased :) Bring on week 7! :)
    Great! Two weeks left! :) I am about to go for a run too! :)
  • Aine8046
    edited March 2016
    Options
    One more 26 min run done and W7D3 finished!
  • xLyric
    Options

Fantastic, you're so close!
  • amber_beaney
    Options

Well done!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Fantastic, you're so close!

Thanks! I cannot believe it! :)
  • briscogun
    Options

Nice! I got through my W6D3 this morning with no issues, so I guess repeating W6 was a good call for me.

Aine, I'm changing your name to The Machine, because you just keeping knocking these runs out one after another! Very nicely done!

Keep on keeping on everyone! One foot in front of the other...
  • NancyN795
    Options
    Did W3D3 today. A little slower than day 2 for some reason.

I just peeked ahead at week 4. Yikes! It really increases the run distances! I know I did this before - just timed and on the treadmill - but seeing "run 1/2 mile" intimidates me, especially knowing a bunch of that first 1/2 mile will be uphill, but I believe I can do it.
  • xLyric
    edited March 2016
    Options

I just peeked ahead at week 4. Yikes! It really increases the run distances! I know I did this before - just timed and on the treadmill - but seeing "run 1/2 mile" intimidates me, especially knowing a bunch of that first 1/2 mile will be uphill, but I believe I can do it.

You'll do great! I'm jealous; I'm way too slow to do it by distance (my current attachment to the treadmill aside).

W5D3 done--the dreaded 20 minute run, finished! For the first 2 minutes I was convinced I wouldn't be able to do it, but I think it was all mental since the time actually seemed to fly by. I was tired, it was weirdly hard to take a full breath (and I'm going about as slow as I possibly can), and my knee was weirdly stiff, but I got through it pretty painlessly. Very pleased! :blush:

Does anyone know why week 6 takes a step back for the first 2 days? There's not another solid run until W6D3. I feel like I'd rather do the D3 22 minute run for all 3 days than backpedal. I'll stick to the plan, though.
  • briscogun
    Options

You'll do great! I'm jealous; I'm way too slow to do it by distance (my current attachment to the treadmill aside).

W5D3 done--the dreaded 20 minute run, finished! For the first 2 minutes I was convinced I wouldn't be able to do it, but I think it was all mental since the time actually seemed to fly by. I was tired, it was weirdly hard to take a full breath (and I'm going about as slow as I possibly can), and my knee was weirdly stiff, but I got through it pretty painlessly. Very pleased! :blush:

Does anyone know why week 6 takes a step back for the first 2 days? There's not another solid run until W6D3. I feel like I'd rather do the D3 22 minute run for all 3 days than backpedal. I'll stick to the plan, though.

I wondered that, too, but I figured it was to get your body used to the longer runs incrementally. Kind of like when you train for a marathon, you build up to a long run, then run shorter distances and then build back up again to a long run (or so I've heard!).

Week 6 was a toughy, but Week 7 is like you describe: start off with a long run. Yikes! I'll be tripping on THAT one tomorrow morning...!
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Week 7 day 1 done, 25 mins, same sort of pace as previous weeks too so I'm quite pleased as I thought I might be slower. The first five minutes or so are definitely the worst, I have started experiencing a mild side stitch at the beginning recently, but as I approach about half way it goes and I start to feel pretty good! I'm sure I read somewhere that it's always hardest right at the beginning of each run.

Well done everyone, if I can make it this far anyone can!