Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I should be on week 7. Just been diagnosed with pneumonia and sooo poorly. Dreading starting again. Feel a complete failure. I pushed through the chest infection to do week 6. So fed up

I am repeating a few days, too. It's hard when you have momentum and a plan and then some obstacle pops up. Feel better!

Give your body time to heal. You won't be set back that much!

Before my gall bladder surgery, I was ready to start Week 8. Surgery was almost 3 weeks ago and I'm now ready to start Week 7 again.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Thank goodness for the support I get from you guys. Thank you! X
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I did W7D2 today!!! Woohoo! I fell short of the 2.5 miles though. Ran 2.34 in the 25 minutes.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I finished my Week 9, Day 2 run of the Couch to 5K program today and had a sneaker malfunction. A piece of the sole ripped loose on my shoe and was flapping against the ground. LOL That is the second pair in the last 3 runs. I am really not that hard on my shoes. These were really old pairs of sneakers and apparently their time has come. I ordered a new pair today and I'm praying they fit well and that I will like them. Only 1 run to go to finish the program and I don't want to be sidetracked! :frown:
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I should be on week 7. Just been diagnosed with pneumonia and sooo poorly. Dreading starting again. Feel a complete failure. I pushed through the chest infection to do week 6. So fed up

Give your body time to heal so you can breathe and then start back at a week that you can do. You will work back up quickly once you feel better! Get well soon!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I did week 6, Day 2 this morning. :) Week 6, Day 3 will be on Saturday.
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did W3D2 today. I came within a few paces of giving up and going home.

I wasn't particularly tired or sore, I was just caught in a mental loop of self defeating thoughts about how all of my hard work is just never going to be enough. I am planning on joining the Air National Guard in a few months and no amount of preparation is going to make me less of a target than I already am (at 28 years old and the top of my acceptable weight range). Usually I can shake it off and convince myself that I'll be thinner and stronger then and will be able to run with the best of them. Today I just couldn't.

I was most certainly my own worst enemy today.

I wish I could say that I had some sort of huge mental light bulb that gave me the motivation to go on but in all honesty I just didn't want today to be the day that I gave up.

Here is to hoping that I don't want tomorrow to be that day either.
  • resilient86
    Options
    I did W3D2 today. I came within a few paces of giving up and going home.

I wasn't particularly tired or sore, I was just caught in a mental loop of self defeating thoughts about how all of my hard work is just never going to be enough. I am planning on joining the Air National Guard in a few months and no amount of preparation is going to make me less of a target than I already am (at 28 years old and the top of my acceptable weight range). Usually I can shake it off and convince myself that I'll be thinner and stronger then and will be able to run with the best of them. Today I just couldn't.

I was most certainly my own worst enemy today.

I wish I could say that I had some sort of huge mental light bulb that gave me the motivation to go on but in all honesty I just didn't want today to be the day that I gave up.

Here is to hoping that I don't want tomorrow to be that day either.

So glad you didn't quit! This running stuff is such a mental game. Good luck with the Air National Guard! Keep it up and you might surprise yourself along the way. :flowerforyou:

And for my check in... I just finished W4D2. I think it may have been all the carbs I had for lunch today, but I feel like I'm ready to take on the dreaded week 5 already! Getting excited for my first 5k in 2 weeks :happy:
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT! I completed Week 5 Day 3, the infamous 20 minute run. I may be the slowest ever at 3.3 mph but considering 5 weeks ago, I could barely do a 60 sec jog...this is absolutely amazing to me.

Not only did I complete the run but I had no wheezing from my asthma and my legs felt great, not like before when they felt like jelly. I can feel my legs and lungs getting stronger. I'm loving this feeling. When I complete the program, I plan on doing it again, as someone else suggested, and work on my speed.

Good luck to everyone that is still on this program and thank you to all that have posted. I love reading everyone's posts. This thread gives me the encouragement I need to keep going.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT! I completed Week 5 Day 3, the infamous 20 minute run. I may be the slowest ever at 3.3 mph but considering 5 weeks ago, I could barely do a 60 sec jog...this is absolutely amazing to me.

Not only did I complete the run but I had no wheezing from my asthma and my legs felt great, not like before when they felt like jelly. I can feel my legs and lungs getting stronger. I'm loving this feeling. When I complete the program, I plan on doing it again, as someone else suggested, and work on my speed.

Good luck to everyone that is still on this program and thank you to all that have posted. I love reading everyone's posts. This thread gives me the encouragement I need to keep going.

Whoo hoo!!!!! Great job! That's such a big milestone in this program.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I completed W8D1. It sucked. I was tired before I started (walked on the treadmill at the gym, then worked out with my trainer, then came home and ran) but decided to get out and try and if it felt too hard I'd do it in the morning. It started out feeling pretty good but around the halfway point I really started dragging. The final several minutes I only gutted out because I didn't want to get that far and have to repeat the day. When I finally broke down and looked at the timer I was so happy to see only had 1:50 left. This is probably the first time in the program I did not totally have my breath back by the end of the 5 minute cool-down walk.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    <----This guy just finished W8D3, otherwise known as the end of the program! Thirty continuous minutes at a 9:25 pace. Not bad for someone who quit smoking less than a year ago after a fifteen year pack-a-day habit. I was hesitant to go out because of a nasty thunderstorm that was working its way through the area, but after missing my chance to finish on Monday due to inclement weather, I really wanted to finish this thing today. I'm so glad I did. Watching the lightning flashing in the distance was strangely motivational and I even pushed a little harder for that last minute instead of pulling back. I've really taken to running and can't wait to see how far I can take it.

This is actually my first MFP post, but I feel like I accomplished a lot tonight, so I had to put it out there. My weight has kind of plateaued between 45-50 pounds lost (mostly because I can't stop snacking at night), but I've never stopped working at C25K. I had to modify the program quite a bit when I first started to get my endurance up, but I've pretty much run every other night since I started the program.

Congrats to all of you. No matter how slow your pace, no matter how many times you have to redo a day (or a week), every day you get out there is a success.
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    <----This guy just finished W8D3, otherwise known as the end of the program! Thirty continuous minutes at a 9:25 pace. Not bad for someone who quit smoking less than a year ago after a fifteen year pack-a-day habit. I was hesitant to go out because of a nasty thunderstorm that was working its way through the area, but after missing my chance to finish on Monday due to inclement weather, I really wanted to finish this thing today. I'm so glad I did. Watching the lightning flashing in the distance was strangely motivational and I even pushed a little harder for that last minute instead of pulling back. I've really taken to running and can't wait to see how far I can take it.

This is actually my first MFP post, but I feel like I accomplished a lot tonight, so I had to put it out there. My weight has kind of plateaued between 45-50 pounds lost (mostly because I can't stop snacking at night), but I've never stopped working at C25K. I had to modify the program quite a bit when I first started to get my endurance up, but I've pretty much run every other night since I started the program.

Congrats to all of you. No matter how slow your pace, no matter how many times you have to redo a day (or a week), every day you get out there is a success.

Great job!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed W5D2 last night. I didn't think I was going to be able to get it in due to weather, I looked at the radar and realized I had a short window of light rain before some storms rolled in - so I went out and did it in that light rain.

I thought I had a good pace figured out after W4 and W5D1 but for some reason I ran the first 8 minute session slightly faster than those, so I tried to go slower during the second 8 minute session and it was even faster than the first one. I don't know why, or how that will play into future runs.

Next up is the one I have been looking to for the past couple weeks. A 20 minute run? I think I can, I think I can.
  • FaithtoHope
    FaithtoHope Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 1 Day One...l
    Thought I was going to give up, but I did it! Woop!
  • FaithtoHope
    FaithtoHope Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amazing...I want to be u right now. Just did w1d1...could hardly get through the 60seconds. Thanks for the motivation.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Today was a 4 mile run. I broke the run up into a fast 2-mile tempo run with a 2 mile 5K pace run. I broke a 6.0 mph pace which is super awesome! Keep up the good work everyone.
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I completed W3D8 of the run double program (walk 5, run 28, walk 5) and realized that other programs were different. I actually ran over the 28 minutes by a couple of minutes, so I may have completed the equivalent of other programs W3D8. I'm switching to the zen labs app and will be doing their 10k program.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 is done! :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work everybody- I love reading your updates!

Last night, after a really long day at work, I headed to the National Park near me to run. It was hot. I was tired. But I did it anyway.

W7D1 done- a brutal 2 1/2 mi run. (Which I finished in just under 30 minutes!)

I love running or riding the bicycle at the park after the visitor center closes- saw a couple of rabbits, a deer, and a ton of birds.