Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I re-started this monday on W2. I had gotten up to W4 but some health issues meant I took a few weeks off so I re-started with something less intense.

This morning felt a bit tougher - and when I got back I realised I'd accidentally pressed W3D1 on my app rather than W2D3! LOL.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    W7D2 last night. It was supposed to be 2.5 miles, but I only got through 2. I did run an extra minute though so that I could finish the 2 miles. I didn't want to stop at 25 minutes and be just barely short of 2 miles because I had never in my life run for 2 miles before so I wanted to prove that I could. It felt amazing!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D3. Did 1.82 miles in 22 minutes. Both the most I've ever run time and distance wise. This is also the day after a session with the trainer where "WE are going to work legs today." Well, I was the only one shuffling out of there. But I was surprisingly less sore than usual.

It felt good, despite the heat and humidity. At one point there was a particular song on, and with the view of the sidewalk winding in front of me, I got a little teary. And I know part of it was because I still can't believe I'm doing this.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D2 today and kept wondering why this seemed so much harder than Day 1. Then I saw my pace- 11:39 compared to 11:58 for day 1! 2.5 miles in 29:09 (SMOKIN'!) LOL

May I also add that it was stinking hot and humid even at 6 AM this morning!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Week one done! cccccc:
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    W3 in the rear view. Next week my 3 minute runs jump up to 5 and that is a bit scary! Even with an app I find myself checking the clock.

Congratulations to the graduates!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    but what matters is that I kept it going :)

That is THE ONLY THING that matters in running.
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    W5D1 in the books bright and early this morning. The longer run was getting to me until "She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd started playing on my I-pod and then it went a lot smoother. I am now mentally preparing myself for the rest of the week. I have to umpire baseball games both days this weekend so the running on Sunday morning will have to be really early since first pitch is at 9:00 and it is about an hour's drive from home.
  • salemat
    salemat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    week 8, day 2 - finished with a smile on my face.
    the last two runs have been exhausting but i think i finally getting more comfortable with the long runs!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D3. Did 1.82 miles in 22 minutes. Both the most I've ever run time and distance wise. This is also the day after a session with the trainer where "WE are going to work legs today." Well, I was the only one shuffling out of there. But I was surprisingly less sore than usual.

It felt good, despite the heat and humidity. At one point there was a particular song on, and with the view of the sidewalk winding in front of me, I got a little teary. And I know part of it was because I still can't believe I'm doing this.

I totally get this - both the "we" from my trainer, and getting a little teary because I can't believe I'm doing this.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Completed W5D3 tonight. Just over 1.5 miles in 20 non-stop minutes.

Last fall I started on a mission to get healthy. I remember that first day trying to walk 15 minutes without stopping but I couldn't do it, I could only walk 5 minutes then I had to take a break. 270 days later and 143 pounds lighter I ran 20 minutes without stopping. Part of me wants to shout it from the highest mountain, part of me wants to shed tears of joy, and all of me wants to keep running.

For the first time I feel like I can do it. It feels good.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Throat ache and runny nose, that's as runny as I got this week since Tuesday when I completed W6 D1 run. Arrgh! Waiting to feel better before hitting the treadmill again. :sick:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Last fall I started on a mission to get healthy. I remember that first day trying to walk 15 minutes without stopping but I couldn't do it, I could only walk 5 minutes then I had to take a break. 270 days later and 143 pounds lighter I ran 20 minutes without stopping. Part of me wants to shout it from the highest mountain, part of me wants to shed tears of joy, and all of me wants to keep running.

That's amazing! Congratulations on all the hard work you put into getting to this moment.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 done! Did half the 5k today for the first time! 1.51 miles in 25 minutes. I may be slow, very slow, but I did it! Next week, 28 minutes!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    W8D2 complete. Truthfully this week is kicking my butt. Even coming off a rest day I'm feeling more tired than usual today, so I ran a flatter route and slowed down. I listened to an audio book instead of music so I wouldn't try to keep pace with the music. I wish I could say it felt good, but at I am happy I was able to finish.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on my status, but I thought I'd share it here too....

Week 7 of C25K done! I'm going by time rather than distance since I'm going straight into the 10k training one after I finish week 8, so I'm only at 2 miles right now instead of 2.5, but now I'm thinking about going straight into half-marathon training after the 10k one is complete.

My running goal that I set about a year ago was to run a half marathon before I turn 30. That still gives me about 4.5 years which is A LOT of time. I'm thinking of changing my goals to a half before 28 and a full before 30, but that may just be the runner's high talking. :laugh:
  • sdionnemoore
    sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago, so I'm on W4D1 on Monday. Because I worked out (Cardio Step) for the last 6 months, I didn't struggle with sore muscles or any of that, and I'm used to setting a breathing pattern bc I power-walked years ago. My concern is more about heart rate. I have a HRM (Polar FT7) and have found that when I ran Sunday night (W3D1), in the cool of the night, my HR was great. I never went much above 158. The last two days of C25K (W3D2 & W3D3) I tried to push and run in the heat and humidity at around 11:30 AM to build a little endurance, but my HR was higher the entire run, going up to 181 at one point. It does drop, of course, when I walk, but I wondered if others have found this to be true. Should I be concerned?
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ran 20 minutes today, but it should have been 28. I can push through fatigue and breathlessness but the overwhelming urge to throw up is not something I want to mess with. I can't wait until this thing clears.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options

That's amazing! Congratulations on all the hard work you put into getting to this moment.

Thank you very much. It has all been worth it!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Just finished w6d2 Boom!