• joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    15n0orq.png

tuckered out
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1 done & dusted, it was delayed a day due to crappy weather.
    4.82km in 34:06 including WU/CD average 7:04min/km
    Run Pace 6:10min/km
    Walk Pace 8:22min/km

Well done to everyone still moving on with the program.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4 of C25K and about to go do my first 5 minute run. I am so nervous! I was nervous about the 3 minute last week and went out and it was not a problem at all. I am just amazed that four weeks ago I was huffing and puffing and watching the clock on the one minute runs. To see my body grow stronger each week and also the fat come off is amazing. I am 70 lbs overweight so it is a struggle to try to carry all the weight. I never thought I would be able to run, and today will have 16 minutes of run time. My husband (a Marine) said he might get up and run with me. Ha, I have had walkers pass me WHILE I AM JOGGING!
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D1. I was expecting it to be 5min, 8min, 5min, 8min, but that last 8min was not there, lol. So I ended way far from my house and ran a bit more to get closer then did my cool down.
    Today was my first time running in cooler temps. It was 44 degrees. I wore a hoodie and pants, then removed the hoodie half way through, but instead of a short sleeve shirt, I think Ishould have worn a thin long sleeve. My fingers never warmed up, though!
    I think I'm going to do a 5k in November (I"m in Michigan),so I better figure out running in the cold!!
    Have a good day, all!
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did W5D3 on Saturday. It wasn't "easy", but it also wasn't OMG THIS IS SO HARD. I didn't stop and felt like I kept a decent pace. This was the 2nd time doing it without stopping so I feel like I'm ready to move on. Did W6D1 again today and felt really good about the run. We were on a slight hill during the last segment and I slowed down to a crawl for about 30 seconds, but otherwise it was great.

Overall, I think repeating W5 and W6 has been good to build my endurance. For a while I felt kinda lame for not being able to progress, but I have to keep reminding myself that I am 42 years old and have gone from basically sedentary a year ago, do working out 6 days a week. I'm getting stronger every day, and with every run I am building the muscles in my heart, lungs, and legs. I will get there.

First official race is this Friday night. A 2-miler. SO EXCITED!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D1. I was expecting it to be 5min, 8min, 5min, 8min, but that last 8min was not there, lol. So I ended way far from my house and ran a bit more to get closer then did my cool down.
    Today was my first time running in cooler temps. It was 44 degrees. I wore a hoodie and pants, then removed the hoodie half way through, but instead of a short sleeve shirt, I think Ishould have worn a thin long sleeve. My fingers never warmed up, though!
    I think I'm going to do a 5k in November (I"m in Michigan),so I better figure out running in the cold!!
    Have a good day, all!

It was in the 40's here too this morning. You see those runners in shorts, short sleeves and hats/gloves...now you know why! I'm always running in shorts, short sleeves and gloves :)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3 today! Can't believe I ran 20 mins. straight, admittedly slowly. A few weeks ago, 90 seconds seemed like forever.

Great job!!!!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    SO proud of everyone! It looks like everyone is going along quite nicely... 32 mins for a 5K is great!
    My husband (a Marine) said he might get up and run with me. Ha, I have had walkers pass me WHILE I AM JOGGING!

Hey, at least you are out there and moving! I feel like I am at a snails pace also when I jog - I hope to be able to pick it up soon, and I'm in wk 8!!!

>>> Update: did Wk8D1 lastnight, in 90 degrees and 80% humidity. I would kill for 44 degrees!!!! Then of course I decided to go to a natural running clinic, where I stretched, ran, improved my form, learned all sorts of new stuff and now EVERYTHING hurts :) I never knew I had all these muscles!!! Now I just have to incorporate everything I learned yesterday into tomorrow!!!
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! I completed Week 6, Day 1 today. The weather was perfect! If I can get more nice days like this, the rest of the program will be a lot easier.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 5, Day 1 this morning at 5:30 am. Unfortunatly it was the first run that I had to do inside on the treadmill. I knew I had to get my run in this morning as I have a crazy day into late tonight and the same day tomorrow. My husband had already left for work and my son was sleeping so there was no other choice. Dont like the treadmill at all. I did find that Day 1 of week 5 was much easier than my last run of Week 4 but I think thats because it was on the treadmill. Such a huge difference.

My son has a soccer practice at tomorrow evening at 5:45 and I will be attempting run 2 of week 5 on the track while he does practice. I HATE the track too because its a little boring to run in circles but I really need to stay close to the practice so it is what it is.

Hoping I can get out on the road towards the end of the week.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Last week on Thursday I finished Week 13, Day 3 of C210K. Week 14 is the last week.

Saturday, I ran in a Color Vibe 5K. It is untimed, but I used MapMyFitness to track it, and I PR'd! My first 5K (July 28) was 39:59 (to be fair, it was a really, really hard course). I ran this one in 32:46. I am really happy with how far I've come.

Today, I ran 5.68 miles with Week 14, Day 1 of C210K. :smile:

ROCK ON! Are you planning ahead for a 10K?

I don't have one scheduled yet. I am probably going to aim for one in October or November. I have another 5K set for September 28 though. :smile:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Compled W3D3 last night.. went well! I've been running in a small group (the same 3 or 4 people, depending on who is busy) which has really been a huge motivation for everybody involved. None of us want to get left behind so we force ourselves to keep up with whoever is in front :laugh:
    After we finished we all felt kind of shocked at how short it was and decided to jog a little bit more until we got back home.

I'm extremely jealous of the people here with 44 degree weather though!
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Completed W5D2 this morning. Felt GREAT. In fact, during the break, I thought to myself "I'm ready to run again" so I started 2 minutes early to help gear up for w5d3.

I've been doing my runs outside for the past 2 weeks because my dad is in town. Hated outside at first but really starting to adjust!
  • joedfro
    Options
    Compled W3D3 last night.. went well! I've been running in a small group (the same 3 or 4 people, depending on who is busy) which has really been a huge motivation for everybody involved. None of us want to get left behind so we force ourselves to keep up with whoever is in front :laugh:
    After we finished we all felt kind of shocked at how short it was and decided to jog a little bit more until we got back home.

running W5D2 tomorrow will be near 90F...i, too, am super jealous of the 44s
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

running W5D2 tomorrow will be near 90F...i, too, am super jealous of the 44s
    Yup.. high of 91F here tomorrow! I've been running around 9-10pm or so to make it a little better.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Did W5D3 tonight! I was able to complete it during my first attempt. I got a bit tired around 11-12 minutes into the run but was able to push through it without stopping.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined and it's hard to believe that, in the beginning, I couldn't even run one of the 60 second intervals.

I am signing up for a 5K at the beginning of November as I will have completed the program by then.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    W9D2 this morning! I can't believe I have just one more day until I'm finished. I thought I would have to repeat some of the later weeks and it would take forever, but after that 20 minutes in week 5 you're basically unstoppable!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Did W5D3 tonight! I was able to complete it during my first attempt. I got a bit tired around 11-12 minutes into the run but was able to push through it without stopping.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined and it's hard to believe that, in the beginning, I couldn't even run one of the 60 second intervals.

I am signing up for a 5K at the beginning of November as I will have completed the program by then.

Fantastic job!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    This morning I did W6D2. During the last 10 minute run I felt like I was really warmed up and at a comfortable pace and could keep on going. Bring on Friday for D3, I'm ready.
  • joedfro
    Options
    29vo5fp.png

W5D2 in the books...felt really good and thought I could do that pace a log while!

Congrats to everyone