Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    W5D2 - It was a tough run this morning. I really need to change my path so my first section isn't uphill.
    Scared to death of Wednesday's W5D3. 20 mins? Seriously?
    Sigh
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Didn't check in last wk:
    I'm no longer doing the warmup and cool down that comes w the app bc I just want to get to my run.

Last wk, I did wk 6 and couldn't wait for it to be over to start the straight runs again! My pace is still slow, but at least I'm moving. I did between 1.64 and 1.74 miles on each of the 5 times that I did it last wk, and my speed was between 4.2 and 4.4 mph. :embarassed: :laugh:

I started wk 7 yesterday morning and did 1.79 in 25 minutes (4.3 mph), but I was able to run for about 2 more minutes afterwards! Last night, I felt like running again, so I tried again and beat my record (not by much, but, hey). I did 1.83 miles @ 4.4 mph.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    2i8dajc.png

Done....I feel good...was gonna do it tomorrow morning but good chance of t-storms
    Excellent pace!
    Well done Joe and LMJS on finishing the big scary run as it seems to be when first looking at it!
    I did W5D3 today aswell, but my program was WU, 7min run, 2min walk, 5 min run, 2min walk, run 7min & CD
    my stats for today
    4.82km covered in 32:31 including WU/CD average of 6:45min/km
    Run Pace 5:57min/km
    Walk pace 8:23min/km
    What program do you have?
    I completed week 6 this morning. I did fall in a pothole that I didn't know about. It poured down rain about 2 hours before my run and left a hole in the dirt road I run on. I cleaned up my knee a bit and kept going. Did the 25 minute run with 1 short stop. So glad I didn't twist my ankle. Week 7 starts Monday after a 2 day break.
    And, what program are you using, too? We seem to have diff programs, but I thought that they all did the same thing each wk. Wk 6 is the 22-min run and wk 7 is the 25-min run for the RunDouble app. And, great job on continuing your run after being injured! *thumbs up*
    W5D2 - It was a tough run this morning. I really need to change my path so my first section isn't uphill.
    Scared to death of Wednesday's W5D3. 20 mins? Seriously?
    Sigh
    Yeah, do that. You don't want to wear yourself out, especially with the longer runs coming up.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Going for the 20 min run. need encouragement !!

will update on whether i did it right or not.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    Going for the 20 min run. need encouragement !!

will update on whether i did it right or not.

If you did it, you did it right. :wink: Good luck.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Today I did w7d1. Wednesday's run I will try to go a little faster than today. I am going to work on my speed more this week.

I am not using an app since I don't have anything to download it too. Since I started this on a treadmill, I am doing a treadmill version even though I run outside more now. However that will be changing here soon when it starts getting colder and there is snow and ice on the road. This morning it was 33 degrees when I went out at 5am. I am a fair weather kind of girl. I hate cold. Here is the version I am using. http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Hinarai. I remember being afraid of the 20 minute run also. I did it slow so I wouldn't wear myself out. I did complete it and I am old, so you will be fine.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 3 today. I'm a little nervous because I've tried this program before and never made it past Week 2. Wish me luck!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all !!

today was W 3#D3

and i planned to do the 20 MIn run.

and i did it. :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 3 today. I'm a little nervous because I've tried this program before and never made it past Week 2. Wish me luck!

Slow down and keep going! You can do this!

I ran my 2nd official 5k on Saturday. No official results yet, but according to MapMyRun, I completed 3.17 mi in 31:39 with a pace of 9:59! I placed 2nd in my age group, so I now have a running medal!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

I ran my 2nd official 5k on Saturday. No official results yet, but according to MapMyRun, I completed 3.17 mi in 31:39 with a pace of 9:59! I placed 2nd in my age group, so I now have a running medal!

AWESOME!!! A Medal! WAHOO!!!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    OK, I need some advice. I sprained my ankle/foot on Thursday. I iced it and didn't jog all weekend...so technically I haven't done a run since Tuesday. This morning I did a mile, I wanted to start slow plus I had to move inside to the treadmill and Arghh....it was hot:grumble: I have a little pain in my foot but nothing major. Everything else of course if sore from walking funny all weekend. My question is how much can I run this week....my FIRST 5k race is Saturday and I feel completely out of shape like I won't be able to run the whole thing. I'm sure it's more mental than anything but I'm not sure how much I can or cannot do to get mentally back in the game. I don't want to do any damage to anything.
    Thanks!

PS....I run at 5 am with a flashlight...no problem. I jog after school with my daughter while my son is at football and I get a sprain! Does anyone else see the irony in that?:laugh:
  • teamAmelia
    Options

Slow down and keep going! You can do this!

Yaay! Congrats. :flowerforyou:

@Mamakatspokan, I'm no doctor, but I would take it easy until the actual start of the race. I would put as little pressure on the injury as possible. It's been four days and you have a little pain after running. If you wait five more days, I'm sure you'll be okay. Good luck! :smile:
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to check in today and tell you all that I rocked Week 7, Day 1. But no such luck! I had terrible side cramps - on my right side, at my upper rib cage.

The odd thing is, I finished Week 6 on Saturday (22 minutes running) with no issues.

I was running different paths - the Saturday run (at my house) is not very hilly. The one I run during the week is at work and it's a varied trail, different elevations. I didn't eat/drink much on Saturday before the run (I went at 7 am), but today, I've had about 28 oz. of water and 10 oz. of coffee.

Any ideas on what's causing the cramps? An experienced runner friend told me it could be anything - if my breathing is different, the weather, etc.

It's frustrating because I really want to have a successful 5k (hoping to sign up for one at the end of October) and I don't want to walk half of it because of a cramp!

But, at least I covered 2.29 miles in 34 minutes. That's something to be happy about!
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I'm no longer doing the warmup and cool down that comes w the app bc I just want to get to my run.

4m3li4: You are doing great on this program! I am concerned that you are eliminating your WU and CD though. Cool down gives your body time to bring down your heart rate. If you just stop suddenly, your heart is still pumping away...it's not a healthy choice.
    Warm up is just as good for you... helping eliminate possible injuries. Please reconsider. WU and CD are in the program for a reason. I love reading your posts. Your positive attitude is always inspiring to me.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

4m3li4: You are doing great on this program! I am concerned that you are eliminating your WU and CD though. Cool down gives your body time to bring down your heart rate. If you just stop suddenly, your heart is still pumping away...it's not a healthy choice.
    Warm up is just as good for you... helping eliminate possible injuries. Please reconsider. WU and CD are in the program for a reason. I love reading your posts. Your positive attitude is always inspiring to me.
    I agree with everything Toni said.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    I ran my first 5k this morning. It was cold, 46 with a cold breeze off Lake Michigan. The hardest part was waiting in the cold for an hour to start running. There were several hills, some long gradual hills and one steep one. I ran the whole way with no walk breaks, even up the hills. I haven't seen any official results, but according to my Nike running app I finished in 39:52. It was awesome!! I'm definitely hooked!! Can't wait until til my next 5k in October!

Great job Rindy!!!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done Joe and LMJS on finishing the big scary run as it seems to be when first looking at it!
    I did W5D3 today aswell, but my program was WU, 7min run, 2min walk, 5 min run, 2min walk, run 7min & CD
    my stats for today
    4.82km covered in 32:31 including WU/CD average of 6:45min/km
    Run Pace 5:57min/km
    Walk pace 8:23min/km
    What program do you have?
    Yeah there are several different programs, I'm using what is now called Ease Into 5km. It was once called Couch 2 5k and is the original program. Don't get the 20 minute run until the end of W6 on this one

I agree with everything Toni said.
    I agree with Toni and Aglaea.
    It's great you enjoy your runs, but be careful you don't want an injury that will sideline you for weeks.
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone who has been doing 5ks!!! And holy fast times!!!! Congrats to everyone who is getting out and doing something, don't give up, no matter how hard, it gets better, even if it's just once in the whole program, it will be worth it, I promise you!!!! Triumph is worth it ;)

That being said, wk9 baby!!!!!! W9d1 done done done done done!!!!!! Only 2 more to go till I "graduate" ;) I'm kinda sad :( I don't want it to be over, I don't understand the 5k to 10k app lol

The first mile always seems to be a rhythm finding experience of out of time, out of sync-ness, then I settle in and feel like I can run forever.... I consider myself a runner now, I think ;) even if I'm as slow as a turtle ;)

Mama, no!!!!! You poor thing.... Rest and ice and elevation and then lots of pain meds on the 5k day ;) how about that?
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Did W1D1 last night, happy with the result. this time im determinned to finish it. looked in my app and the last one i did was w3d1 in february.