Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• coxy96
    coxy96 Posts: 7
    Options
    hi gamers im stuart 29 yrs old from wales. im 16 stone and 9 lbs. which is 233lbs. i want to get down to 13 stone or 182 lbs. need some help sometimes so feel free to give me some advice thanks
  • derpina88
    derpina88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My real name is Lisa. I'm 5'8" and currently at 214... My goal is eventually 150, though once I get to 180 I think I'm going to throw a party.
    I love RPGs. Love DandD, though all 3 of my nerd friends are no longer in San Diego so I am a lonely nerd at the moment. Forced to hang with my socially respectable girlfriends while they do things like sunbathe and get pedicures. I am slowly getting to them... trying desperately to trick them in to doing things like coming to comic stores with me and making homeade lightsabers. Its ok though, I spend most of my time playing old nintendo games and reading sci-fi comics. I'm also a HUGE trekkie. In fact I love everything Sci-fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Star Wars... You get the point.

I've realized I can't do this alone and need support. Please Friend request me if you have similar interests and we can help each other along!!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Heather, 30 (ugh, so weird to say) and I love to game. I mostly play online games I get bored playing alone. It all started with Ultima Online back in the day, then Evercrack and many years of WoW. I have since started playing more Xbox games, mostly MW3 and L4D2 but I just got Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 thinking maybe if it's game-like I will want to exercise. So far so good.

I've been on MFP for over a year now and when I'm here I'm on track but I often get distracted for whatever reason (vacation, a new-fangled diet, or I'd just rather drink and have fun) then I gain some weight back and here I am again... Over the years though I've managed to keep off 20-25 lbs and my diet is much healthier, I'm just not too consistent. I have about 12 lbs until I get to my ultimate goal which seems like a far off dream sometimes and sometimes feels like I'm almost there.

And yes I love walks on the beach, I'm born and raised Southern California and I live right on the beach. :glasses:
  • Joethebull
    Options
    I am Joe. I am an age 30 male. I am 236.5 lbs(highest was 250 lbs) and current goal is to get to 190 lbs. I am all over the place when it comes to games, but most recently I am played MMORPGs more so then others. Also league of legends. Most my names online are Joethebull, Fedraco, Geekyjoe, Barbarossa, and Barbarossabull.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Who are you! I'm Darcey
    Age? 32
    Female or male? Female
    RP? A little
    LARP? No
    Mostly FPS, RPG - I like to shoot things and get achievements :bigsmile: Competed a little in L4D, played a TON of halo and under protest COD among many many others. Also love EVE online but havent played for a long time. I Love my Xbox have 3, met the love of my life in a Halo 3 game 5 years ago we've been together ever since - we make the best team :love:

What are your weightloss goals?! I've lost alot already, ready for 49 lbs more, then see how I feel from there.

How many pounds have you lost? originally 110lbs, now in the 80s, looking to exceed my previous achievement

Walk on the Beach? I will be in 3 days :drinker:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    48 and female, losing about 40+ more pounds. I play WoW and am a moderately active raider. My shaman just got Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake this morning from a rare dragon!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

My name is Squidgeypaws and I'm a WoW addict.....

Oh, wrong group.

:tongue:

Nah, but I am a WoW gamer. I'm a GM of a moderately successful allicance guild - we're around 30th on server for progress, top 20 ally! (who ARE RECRUITING!! check us out http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5058956055)

Not really into shoot em up games, I like fantasy - loved Everquest, Neverwinter nights, Warcraft 3 and I looove Empire Earth (aha).

Weight loss? I have around 40Ibs to lose, I'm roughly half way. I HAVE been playing less since exercising became fun, but I'm still having fun and killing things to steal their stuff regularly :laugh:

Walks on the beach? lol. Erm, sure - if I can have some ice cream? :bigsmile:
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ello' ello'.

My name is Carley and I really like MMOs.
    I really like WoW. Played SWTOR. And I have played a bit of TERA - and would like to play that again soon.
    Other things about me... I really love animals and they're my passion. I enjoy going to the movie theaters, going out to eat, going to the mall. I like working out at the gym and swiming in the pool at my apartment.
    I'm female and I am 19 years old.
    I got into gaming from my ex, so I guess he wasn't ALL bad heh.
    I don't roleplay or larp.
    I would like to lose a lot of weight and so far I started in July and I am down 17lbs today.
    I love walks on the beach, trails, you name it .
  • Teddy225
    Teddy225 Posts: 12
    Options
    What's up everybody?

My name is Ted, i'm a 26 year old male, and i love video games. I'm also a pretty big sci-fi geek, i love the Mass Effect series and i've played the first 2 games numerous times. I'm also a huge Assassin's Creed fanboy.

While everyone was turning their noses up at the Kinect i embraced it as a great new way to play games. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved was one of the first games i bought for Kinect and i've been using it off and on to stay in shape.

I also live on the beach and i do like going for long walks. ;)
  • KellyConsiglio
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kelly and I'm 23 and female.
    Loved video games since I can remember. Huge fan of the Final Fantasy series as well as Grandia, Warcraft, World of Warcraft etc! Still subbed to WoW but not playing much until MoP comes out.
    I don't have any huge weightloss goals and I've only just started today :) Want to lose about 13lbs as I was my happiest and healthiest at that weight. Looking to do it in a healthy way too! I love food too much to starve myself!
    Other than gaming I love to be with friends/family. I love to cook and to eat and watching my husbands band (facebook.com/cenaclemusic) - shameless plug I know but if you're into rock music they are very good :)
    Just finished my degree in psychotherapy also so looking for some opportunities in that area while i'm working part time at a Drs surgery!
    I love swimming and walking also so those are the main exercises I'll be doing to help me get into shape again!
    In the UK the beaches aren't so great but I do love walking on beaches!
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi I'm John, 33 from the UK.

I love most RP games, especially older Final Fantasy games (VII is my favourite)

I used to play WoW but that gets too addictive so I leave it alone nowdays.

I'm not looking to lose too much weight, I just wan't to be more healthy in general. I'm currently 82kgs and want to get down to 75kgs.

Looking at the consoles and PCs in our house I would say I'm a gaming addict and should probably be signing up to a support group ;)
  • warpedlogic
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Garret and am 29 year old male from California. I work as a computer support tech/ systems admin with a B.S in computer networking.

Game consoles I have are Xbox360, PS3, Wii, PS2, 3DS, and my gaming pc. I do not LARP, but do play mostly RPG's with some action/adventure games thrown in.

I've currently lost 100 lbs; I started at 319 in Feb 2011 and am currently 218 and still going. I want to get to at least 190 and then see what I think when I'm there to see if I go more or stay.

MMO's I play are STO and will be getting back into SW:TOR when it goes F2P later this year. Aside from games, I love just going out on a trail near my house with my bike and I also ride to work.
  • Wingnut755
    Wingnut755 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, name is Chris I am 43 year old male from Mississippi. Work in Public Safety
    No RP or LARP mainly CoD series, IL2 and RO (Tank servers)
    My weight loss goal is 45 - 50 lbs, havent lost any yet
    Walk on beach all the time fishing love it
  • MsHolly731
    MsHolly731 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm Holly, 30 year old, female. I work as Accounts Payable/IT HelpDesk/Intanet-Internet Admin, etc. etc......Let's just say I wear many hats, most of them computer related:tongue:

Gaming is one of my favorite daily activities, however, it's putting the pudge back on and I don't want to end up looking like Kirby :P My boyfriend of 12 years is also a gamer too, more-so that I :) We have 'em PS3, Xbox 360 (x2), Wii, Vita, PCs, even an old "original" Xbox!

I mainly play PC & Xbox - currently hooked on Skyrim.

As for weight loss, I had lost 40# between 2010-2011 on WW, but then they changed their plan and gained 75% back. I'm working on losing 50# :happy:
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    Who are you! I work in recreation...yes, I am lucky ;) I play all sorts of games and consoles, but my all time favorite is WoW. I am a fully addicted, main-lining alt *kitten* and achvment junkie. Nuff said'

Age? 19 yrs. old in my head

Female or male? Girly girl...Hello Kitty accesories included.

RP? hhmm, thats a pretty personal question...*wink wink, nudge nudge*

LARP? Would love to, but dont know anyone locally that does LARP, SCA, Ren etc..

What are your weightloss goals?! To be become a mass of solid, feminine muscle by April 2013. Heavy lifts, baby, YEAH!

How many pounds have you lost? 7 of 20.

Walk on the Beach? Sure, as long as its HAWT!

Feel free to check out my profile and add me for support!
  • niffermarie03
    Options
    Who are you! I'm Jenn. I play mostly FPS, 3rd Person shooters action RPGs. I own both the XBox360 and the first gen PS3, so I can play my PS1 and PS2 games. I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. My mom being the gamer of the family at a young age!

Age? 27

Female or male? Female

RP? If you count Lara Croft for Halloween one year?

LARP? Nope.

What are your weightloss goals?! 40 pounds will put me back at my wedding day weight

How many pounds have you lost? Just started back up yesterday, so none yet.

Walk on the Beach? I live at the beach, it's lost its charm.
  • Jhedghes
    Jhedghes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Who are you - I am me
    Age - 00110011 00110000
    Female or male - I think this is a gender biased question and don't approve of it
    RP - I do...haven't in a while though
    LARP - Y'all bother me
    What are your weightloss goals - 200 lbs...bench 325.
    How many pounds have you lost - See below
    Walk on the Beach - Yeah...I've done that

Ok...now that those are out of the way...Hi...I'm Joe. I'm a g33k. Currently I'm a Xbox gamer with a splash of PC. I'm not going to do the whole I'm so geek because xyz...let's just say... MtG Alpha.

Currently my time is spent either playing my Xbox or reprogramming one of my Android phones. I'm currently in the planning stages to start up a gaming or scifi convention and somehow manage to fit all that in with my rigorous schedule of excellence at the gym and work.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hi thar

Name: frando >3
    RP: I've been on RP Minecraft and WoW severs and did a bit of acting in my time but no RP IRL
    LARP: I'd love to try it out!
    Weight Loss Goals: To be healthy damns it! I'm looking to drop about 48kg, just a tad under 100lbs, other goals below!
    Weight Lost: 11kg 24lbs (which doesn't add up to me o_O)
    Walk on the Beach: Yes! But sand between the toes is a bugger O:

Yes! Other goals are to cosplay as a female Grimmjow as it looks fun, but anyone whose read the manga / seen the anime will tell you it'd be a pretty revealing costume xD

So geek qualifications as it were;

I love the sci-fi stuff: Wheedons, Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Grimm. But I do like things like NCIS and some fashion shows (girl's gotta look good ;D) but I prefer a good comedy over all of them like reruns of Fraiser.

Avid manga reader; Bleach, The Kurosagi Corpse Collection, Death Note (ofc) and generally shonen stuff. I like anime, preferably subbed, but I think that somethings come across better in Bleach. My favourite anime movie has to be Spirited Away as I'm both freaked out and adore No Face.

I used to kick *kitten* as an ench shammy on WoW but I just hated that changes they've been making I've left, working on League of Legends (alot better then first thought!), my gaming is sparadic at the moment (playing Minecraft mostly, but catching up on the Fables on my xbox and hopefully finding a decently priced Skyrim too).

Book wise I do love my Tolkien (who doesn't??), do like the Hunger Games but I loathe Harry Potter and there aren't words in the English language that could describe my hatred for Twilight but I'm open to anything to be fair. Eargon was way better in book form then in movie form. Kind of looking forward to the Hobbit.

Movie wise I'm an action and comedy lover, through and through, and do enjoy the odd bit of martial arts (House of Flying Daggers is beautiful and always makes me cry O:), I like both the Italian Jobs but for different reasons, adore the Bourne series and I can't wait to see the latest one. I do love kids animations, from places like Pixar, as they're rather Dhalesq at times and I'm still at the point where I get both x3

For comics I'm a Thor girl, so Marvel, but yet again I'm open to a good story and I do dip into the other Marvel characters from time to time.

Though my bf hates me for it I do love My Little Ponies and am well a... Gronie?

Also knit from time to time :3

Feel free to add me I like to support people as much as they support me!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hello :) Im Lottie, or pixielottie ( pixie lott stole my name before anyone asks.....), im 23, very much of the female variety.

I dont know what rp or larp is so im gonna say no...
    My boyfriend really got me into games while i was at uni, I like games which actually work on my laptop always useful... do i have the most rubbish graphics card ever? yes yes i do *curtsies* :( that is what happens when you choose your laptop based on which is prettiest :D (by the way this is a brilliant thing to say in a computer shop... the poor lad looked so lost when i asked for a pretty one...)
    I love league of legends bunny teemo is my main he's just soooo cute! Half life and left 4 dead i do also have a wii and a DS. My all time favourite game has to be bioshock though love it!

My weightloss goal is 100lbs according to those bmi watsits i am gonna be a teeny pixie lol I havent really started yet as iv just been on holiday for 2 weeks but already managed to lose 3 lbs so cant complain (i put it down to finally having a bit of sun so we can play badminton! )

im more a driving past the beaches in a boat than walking on them kinda gal...
    x
  • xxmangexx
    xxmangexx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Name is mikey, go bye xxmangexx (or usernamestolen on psn (stupid no mange names allowed)).
    Gender: I think I choose the doors with the triangle on them
    RP: Played very much. Have not in quite some time. I have been stuck on board games for a tad. Castle Ravenloft and Arkam Horror. Munchkin also takes up most of the night.
    LARP: Renfair count? Probably not.
    Goals: Would like to get down to 185, but I will take 215. I want to get out of the OBESE bmi category.
    Weight lost: I hope my sig loads
    Walk on the beach: nah, don't like sand in my *kitten*.

I am looking for some MFP pals. Add away. If you want to play a game on xbox, not really on ps3 much, send me a friend request.

Basically, I want to lose some unwanted gamer weight. I have spent to many hours on the couch and need to get this baggage off. I am off to a good start. Looking for other motivated mfp peeps. I have a few irl's on my list but looking to connect with a few more.

Currently I am juggling 1680 calories, 2 kids, full time job, playing gotham city impostors and stick ranger on pc.