August Challenge - The Binge vs Me

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump day all!! :flowerforyou:

I am loving the support that this thread is getting now! It is so awesome and encouraging to see people sharing their struggles and successes with BED. I love having to go back a long ways to find my last post with my tally for the month.

Thanks so much for the support because that is why we all are here -- to support one another and give back when we can.

I am finally working thru my urges and feelings and yesterday was a good day with no real urges to binge. I did over eat a bit but thankfully no binges.

Keep up the good work everyone and remember be true to yourself! Truth is your friend with BED and this thread. If you can't be honest then we will not know how to encourage or help you. I know from years of lies and denial. I was only hurting ME and no one else. I throw that out there because I know bingers are good at deceit :cry: Just remember when you do this you are the only one being hurt, not us. :ohwell:

One day at a time!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 2
    The Binge - 5 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6)

“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    As of August 8th,

Me: 7
    Binge: 1

I binged today. All my food consumption today, assuming I don't eat dinner (which I doubt I'll be hungry for) is under maintenance, but the pattern of behavior was binge-like. It is still just sitting in my stomach. I thought about purging, but didn't. Before this, I had gone 15 days without binging.

ETA: removed foods so I don't trigger anybody. I don't want to screw up anyone else!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello all

I found out I will be losing my job soon. Somewhere between December 1st and January 1st. I wanted to binge but so far I have been talking myself out of it because eating will not help this situation. I have to be proactive and start making the necessary doctor appointments before my insurance ends and making contacts with people in my industry to look out for job openings for me. I have been here 10 years so I want to wait and get my package so on some levels my hands are tied. But there is a lot I can do to prepare for my last day that is for sure. The top priority is resume and to make sure this news does not cause me to binge.

I did cry today because even though I expected it losing a job is losing a job and not an happy occasion at all. So I am going to let myself feel sad:sad: about it and not eat about it. :noway: I am crying as I write this, but I will be OK for sure.

Have a good evening!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    August 8, 2012

me: 7
    binge: 1

binges
    Aug 1 mainly Oreos and home made bread. related to stress from crazy kids/lack of sleep due to kids and screwing up a job application deadline.

Bit of a struggle today. I was thinking of everything we have that I'd like to eat or bake. I had carrots instead and it didn't kill me.

Sorry about your job Mandie. Besides the obvious financial impact and the uncertainty, it is hard leaving people you like. I hope you have a quick job search!
  • recoveryisbeautiful
    Options
    My name is Heather, and although I don't have BED, I am bulimic, overweight, and my biggest problem is bingeing. Feel free to add me! =)

(Just started this on Tuesday)
    Heather - 2
    The Binge - 0

So far it's going great! I used to binge every day =)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I found out I will be losing my job soon. Somewhere between December 1st and January 1st. I wanted to binge but so far I have been talking myself out of it because eating will not help this situation. I have to be proactive and start making the necessary doctor appointments before my insurance ends and making contacts with people in my industry to look out for job openings for me. I have been here 10 years so I want to wait and get my package so on some levels my hands are tied. But there is a lot I can do to prepare for my last day that is for sure. The top priority is resume and to make sure this news does not cause me to binge.

I did cry today because even though I expected it losing a job is losing a job and not an happy occasion at all. So I am going to let myself feel sad:sad: about it and not eat about it. :noway: I am crying as I write this, but I will be OK for sure.

Have a good evening!

So sorry to hear this. I hope you have a short job search and your contacts can help you out. It's super scary and stressful and all you can do is just take it one day at a time. Try not to cope with food; as you said it won't help the situation. Just know we're all here to support you.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of August 8, 2012
    Goal: to binge no more than 8 days.

Me: 5
    Binge: 3 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4)

I was a little worried today because I was wishy-washy on going to the gym. I didn't go which usually leads to boredom which leads to eating. I had my dinner and then just started doing other things. As long as I stay busy, I'm fine.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    August 8, 2012

beatrixia: 5
    binge: 3 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5)

~beatrix
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    8/8/12

Me- 5
    Binge- 3 (8/6, 8/7, 8/8)
  • troy98
    troy98 Posts: 2
    Options
    Binge 1
    Me 0

First time poster, I'm glad I joined this group, I hope it gives me insight
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me-7
    Binge-1 (8/6)

Going to make it a great day today. Determined to have a "me" day :-) Learned some good insights yesterday on how I am handling stress and making sure that I am eating enough but through it all I didn't go back for more and more food like I normally would!!! I will call yesterday a success.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Have a good evening!

So, so sorry about your job. I wish you all the best in everything you do. I don't know if it'll help, but when you feel like binging maybe you should start writing about your feelings (at the time) whether it be on here or in a journal. It'll keep you busy along with having to take those proactive steps in finding another job. You can do this!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    As of 8/9:

Binge: 1 (8/4)
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    As of Thurs. 8/9:

Me: 6
    Binge: 2 (8/7 and 8/8)

On Tues. 8/7, my left foot starting hurting, swollen, red, couldn't walk etc. (I have a bunion which till now really was ugly but otherwise painless). Of course whenever I have a problem such as this it gets me depressed and I eat (and eat and eat). Did the same thing on Wednesday. Anyways, I went to foot doc and he says not to exercise until Monday and that I need full joint replacements on both big toes because joint is all gone. I am taking this as a positive because it will be good in the long run. So today I am committed to staying under my calories because it's the smart thing to do and the kind thing to do for my body until I see the doc on Monday. Most likely I will have the surgery in October and resume exercise next week when the pain calms down which it already is. I guess I need to learn how to deal with obstacles like this without getting depressed. Thank you for listening.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 8
    The Binge: 0

Yay -, my belt and I agreed on the 6th hole today! I was at 6 holes last January when I got down to the lowest I've been at 234 and although I'm not down to that weight yet again, I'm pleased about the belt. All this strength training is making a difference on my body shape!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 8
    The Binge: 0

Yay -, my belt and I agreed on the 6th hole today! I was at 6 holes last January when I got down to the lowest I've been at 234 and although I'm not down to that weight yet again, I'm pleased about the belt. All this strength training is making a difference on my body shape!
    Congrats DIane on loser belt!!! Awesome job!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks for comments, recommendations and support regarding my post about my possible job loss. I feel better today. My binge yesterday was not too bad but still a binge. Another controlled binge if there is such an animal.:tongue: This weekend I have a convention starting tomorrow so it is very rare to binge since I am super busy and socially engaged all 3 days. So I will use these days to get out of this terriable bing cycle I am in right now.

Have a wonderful day all and we can do this!

As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 2
    The Binge - 6 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6, 8/8)

“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Have a good evening!

Bless your heart!! I really feel for you but you have exactly the right idea. Be your own best friend and let yourself have a good cry. Take care xxx
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Binge chimp: 2

Really angry with myself for having a 2 day bender - not pleasureable in the slightest and all due to feeling out of control (my husband gave the children the choice of where to eat as they'd put up with Mummy and Daddy being uselessly poorly for a week and they said 'Pizza Hut'!) I don't even like PIzza Hut but I ate tonnes and felt rubbish, which then screwed up my IBS, which then screwed up my sleep, which then screwed up the following day as well! CORRECTION - It was ME - I screwed up the whole thing; not my children, not my IBS, not lack of sleep - ME. I WILL take responsibility!!

Everyone is doing so well on here. You all have my admiration. I'm back on the wagon today despite having no money to go food shopping and doing a picnic with friends! :tongue: