Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Kat- your dress is absolutely splendid!! That's one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen!! Great choice :bigsmile:

Awwwww, thanks!

Just ordered a bunch of stuff for Halloween, we're going to have an awesome house this year :devil:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-10oz of wine
    Tuesday-10oz of wne
    Wednesday-10oz...already logged

Atleast I'm consistent right?! :huh:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

Just got 2 hours on the bike done and now time to shower and go shopping with my best friend =] going to shoot for no drinks today!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    full bottle of red last night. What a lush. :noway:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    full bottle of red last night. What a lush. :noway:

Oh Robin, I am so tempted to do the same tonight. I have a really nice cab and I so want to open it but you know once its open..................
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Well my (two day) run was good while it lasted.

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 dirty martinis and 4oz merlot

My husband had a crappy day and wanted a martini. I coulnd't let him drink alone. Then I suggested opening that bottle of red to accompnay the last of the handmade chocolates. I am actually proud that I never poured a second glass. And today I am off work and it's nice out, so I'm sure we'll need to have happy hour on the porch. I'm not sure why I make these unrealistic goals only to fail at them....... Maybe I should be more realistic and say, "I'm not goign to get tanked on week nights".

Kat, love the dress.
    Kblu, I love your consistency.
    Robin, drinking a bottle of wine is SOOOO easy to do. Yeah, once its open.....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm drinking tonight....friends invited us over for dinner, so I know I will be having some wine.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- prelogged 12 oz red

Going to shoot for zeros Thursday and Friday to prepare for the all day drinking that will be happening for my husbands bday at Cubs game :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thanks Better :smile:

Well I did it. Went to lunch with the best friend and her younger sister before shopping and didn't have champagne! Even our waitress who we always have there was like "No champagne today?" haha. Spent quite a bit on shopping but I told the fiancé it was retail therapy :tongue: Also had a salad for lunch so I indulged in a few bites of delicious warm brownie with warm chocolate sauce on top.

Not sure what we're doing for dinner but I could go for a drink .... I won't though, just my lemon water.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    3.5 glasses of wine last night. I feel fine today. Maybe my goals should be more in terms of moderation and less in terms of abstinence. Tonight I should stay dry as we have dinner plans Friday and Saturday which means drinking.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Last night I made a delicious spiced pork tenderloin with a bourbon reduction sauce and well the bourbon was out so I had a 1oz shot and then 12oz of wine...cause it was the end of it and I wasn't gonna leave 2oz...that's just silly :laugh:
    Tonight-probably some wine. I skipped my gym workout this morning so I'll get either a run or yoga in after work and see where the evening takes me!!
    Almost friday YIPPY!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

:smile:

0 to isn't too even though it's the fiancés late night. Have to be up early in case the tv comes early, which means I'll have to wait until after the tv comes to work out :grumble: Don't have to wait today though so in a bit it's shoulders and arms followed by a bike ride :bigsmile:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wed - 3 beers
  • rjadams
    Options
    Had the best Salmon with asparagus and a quinoa pilaf for dinner. tried to only have two glasses of wine and ended up drinking the whole bottle. I have no effing control. I had two vodka rocks too.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Had the best Salmon with asparagus and a quinoa pilaf for dinner. tried to only have two glasses of wine and ended up drinking the whole bottle. I have no effing control. I had two vodka rocks too.

You're just picking up my slack :smile: but don't worry, I'll be contributing tomorrow :wink:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Wednesday=2 beers
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes! I am back!!!

Madelyn Rose was born on July 6th at 7 lb, 4 oz and 19.5 inches. It was a c-section because she was stuck in breech. I was really good about working out up until week 32, then it got really hard and hot out here in FL. I also found 2 NA beers that were pretty delish that helped out for those summer beer cravings while I was pregnant.

I am breastfeeding, so my lushiness will be kept to a minimum just because it isn't convenient to drink and nurse. I have to time it right -- nurse the baby, have a drink, but then wait 2 hours for the alcohol to clear my system before I can nurse again. Last night, however...I had a stash of pumped milk in the freezer, and splurged on beers. 4 beers and I was pretty sh$t faced!

Glad to be back in the lushyzone, and hope you all have a great thirsty Thursday :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Congrats MrsJax! Little Madelyn is beautiful!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hey Lushes! I am back!!!

Madelyn Rose was born on July 6th at 7 lb, 4 oz and 19.5 inches. It was a c-section because she was stuck in breech. I was really good about working out up until week 32, then it got really hard and hot out here in FL. I also found 2 NA beers that were pretty delish that helped out for those summer beer cravings while I was pregnant.

I am breastfeeding, so my lushiness will be kept to a minimum just because it isn't convenient to drink and nurse. I have to time it right -- nurse the baby, have a drink, but then wait 2 hours for the alcohol to clear my system before I can nurse again. Last night, however...I had a stash of pumped milk in the freezer, and splurged on beers. 4 beers and I was pretty sh$t faced!

Glad to be back in the lushyzone, and hope you all have a great thirsty Thursday :)

Welcome back and congrats! That is one adorable picture :flowerforyou:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    MsJax - Definitely a congratualtions-smiley.gif is in order. She is beautiful and I love her name.

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 margaritas
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - ?
  • rjadams
    Options
    Welcome back. You did good. She is beautiful and so is her name.