3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Brunette- That cracked me up! lol And goodluck with your induction, let us know how it went, I may have to be induced and I'm very curious about the process, etc.
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    too funny! good luck Bru!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    LOVED your eviction notice, Brunette! Good luck!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm coming over fromtthe 2nd trimester board! I'm 28 weeks now! It has been a pretty good pregnancy thus far, I had an ultrasound yesterday which was nice, and everything was good. I go for my glucose test in a couple hours and to get some blood drawn...hopefully I don't pass out this time!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am also coming over from the 2nd trimester board... I am a FTM and so looking forward to meeting my son in November...DH and I have a lot of stuff to do and still haven't gotten his room ready... Seems like there is so much to do and not enough hours in the day to do so... Well have a great weekend ladies! :)
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am also coming over from the 2nd trimester board... I am a FTM and so looking forward to meeting my son in November...DH and I have a lot of stuff to do and still haven't gotten his room ready... Seems like there is so much to do and not enough hours in the day to do so... Well have a great weekend ladies! :)

We don't have the room ready yet either. I'm making DH help me clean it out this weekend, so it will be ready for paint next weekend! I also can't decide on nursery furniture either!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    So Monday night, naturally, I couldn't but 2hrs before the induction. Tuesday morning, I got up from my 2hrs of sleep at 3:45am, called the hospital to make sure we had a room ready and by 4:30a, Nick and I headed up. Got checked in and put in our L&D room and by 6am, I was hooked up to the machines, including pitocin,still only a 3cm, having a few contractions but not feeling them. Tried sleeping while I could before things got crazy, but no such luck. Got up at 8a to go to the bathroom and I had just sat back on the bed when my water broke, I was a 4cm. 1hr later I was starting to feel the contractions a bit and we decided to get the epidural. Just a little after 10a, I was a 7cm and moving fast! But the epidural was in so good that I didn't feel ANYTHING, not even the slight pressure I should. Still not getting much sleep, just resting, progressed slowed a bit and I was a 9cm by 2:30p. The nurse had me do some practice pushes. By 3:00p, I was a 10cm and we started pushing again. She wasn't under the pelvic bone just yet so I pushed for a while, but I still couldn't feel anything so Nick watched the monitor and told me when I was having them while the nurse counted out for me. Nurse turned off the epidural and left to call the doc and told Nick and I to continue the same way. Doc was there by 4 and omg! He started stretching things I didn't know could be stretched! I was definitely feeling the pressure then and was finally feeling when the contractions were starting. I focused my breathing as best as I could, kept my eyes closed through every push and by 4:37pm, Miranda Katherine was here! 8lbs 3oz, 19.5in long with Daddy's nose and a head of dark brown hair. The epidural was completely worn off by the time doc was putting a few stitches so that;s the only real pain I felt. 100% worth every bit of everything! Nick was such a trooper, made it through the epidural and cutting the cord. I swelled pretty bad so I waddled like a penguin for my hospital stay. Didn't feel much pain til we got home last night.My feet never swelled until after delivery and today they are enormous! I couldn't get much sleep at the hospital but Nick was amazing last night and let me sleep for a while and he took care of her. I'm trying hard to breastfeed, but she has a problem latching on the left and only half the time on the right, so we have been going back and forth with formula. I finally got her to latch by myself this morning, I was so happy and proud I could have cried! First night done, a lifetime to go <3
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yay Brunette!! Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • jls8209
    Options
    Congrats, Brunette! Awesome job with continuing to work through the latching issues. All of my friends say it takes time and patience, so keep up the good work! You and Miranda will be pros in no time!
  • chickybuns
    Options
    congrats brunette on your baby!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

We don't have the room ready yet either. I'm making DH help me clean it out this weekend, so it will be ready for paint next weekend! I also can't decide on nursery furniture either!

Glad to know we aren't the only ones without the room ready.. I told DH this weekend we only have about 2 months left to get the room painted along with two other rooms... Then I think it really clicked, so hopefully we will start within another week or so..
  • chickybuns
    Options

Glad to know we aren't the only ones without the room ready.. I told DH this weekend we only have about 2 months left to get the room painted along with two other rooms... Then I think it really clicked, so hopefully we will start within another week or so..

Ours is pretty much cleaned out now, and my mom is going to come over Friday to paint, so it should be pretty close by this weekend. In a couple weekends we are going to IKEA to hopefully purchase furniture!
  • JLatham325
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in, it's so quiet around here! I hope everyone is doing great (new mommies and those of us still playing the waiting game).

I had an appointment last Friday, and the doctor said that I was 0% effaced and the exam "made" me dilated to 1cm. So basically... nothing lol I go again this Friday morning to see if I have progressed any. I am due next Friday, but I have a strongggg feeling that this little girl is going to be stubborn ( like her mommy) and may not come out without an induction.

Meanwhile I've probably tried every trick in the book: walking an hour a day, sex, breastpump, spicy food, bouncing on a medicine ball at the gym, etc.... I'm here to tell you... none of that works lol atleast for me. With my luck at my next appt they will tell me that I'm back to 0cm dilated and 0% effaced lol
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile I've probably tried every trick in the book: walking an hour a day, sex, breastpump, spicy food, bouncing on a medicine ball at the gym, etc.... I'm here to tell you... none of that works lol atleast for me. With my luck at my next appt they will tell me that I'm back to 0cm dilated and 0% effaced lol

With my last baby- I did that too! With her I NEVER dilated on my own- not even 4 days overdue (so I was finally induced). I even had sex 4 times in one day, walked in heat advisories, ate anything spicy I could, took a medicine ball to work to sit on instead of a chair...the ONLY thing I didn't try is castor oil because I didn't want to poop during delivery-lol. Anyway- I feel your pain. These babies have a mind of their own and she'll come when she's ready. Just wanted you to know- you're not alone!

*I'm hoping this baby cooperates more:)
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Had my baby shower this past weekend and my sister didn't show, sent a text saying she'd forgotten about it about an hour after it started. She didn't even try to show up late once she'd figured it out. Blergh :grumble:

Everyone ELSE had a good time and had great food, her loss!
  • jls8209
    Options
    Faughorn - Glad you had a good time and good eats at your shower! Hopefully you got to catch up with people you haven't seen in a while, and got some good stuff to stock up the baby stash! Gotta love sisters! (or, sister-in-law, in my case). Mine, who was a few weeks ahead of me pregnancy-wise, kept telling everybody at my shower that she felt bad for "stealing the thunder" by announcing she was pregnant not long before us, and by not letting me/DH have all of the baby attention. Then, of couse, she over-did it and had her baby early, to take more "thunder" for herself. Ha! :laugh: (see October thread for details).

Sugarbabie - My SIL (mentioned above) gave birth recently at 36w5d after spending a week jumping around, lifting heavy things, heavy gardening (including pushing a loaded wheel-barrow up a hill), and doing all kinds of stuff pregnant women aren't supposed to do. Poor BIL couldn't get her to cut it out, and sure enough she got her way and the baby came early. Maybe go to the gym tonight and try lifting heavy? (Just joking!) In all seriousness, though, she'll come out when she's ready! :flowerforyou:
  • JLatham325
    Options
    yep 39 week appointment this morning: STILL 0% effaced, 1 cm dilated lol She's staying i there I guess

I've been walking an hour a day, lifting weights, elliptical, etc. and it did NOTHING lol
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    can't believe this labor and delivery story, your awesome!
    Well I had big plans on the weekend, my family and friends were up for my baby shower on Sunday afternoon and then I had tickets to go see Mamma Mia! with my best friend that evening......also planned on being at work for two more full weeks.....then the baby came!

Kaleb Zennon John made a fast and furious appearance Sunday morning. I woke up that morning at 1 am when my water broke in bed. At the time I thought I peed myself but it just kept coming and coming so I woke my mom up and we decided to pack a hospital bag. I hadn't gotten around to any of that yet since I wasn't due until the end of August. Contractions were mild so I didn't bother going to the hospital right away and probably would've stayed home longer but my mother and sister urged me to goin the morning as they both had fast labours. We piled in the car, I texted my friends and said sorry for missing my baby shower and went to the hospital.

Once we were there I sat in assessment for 20minutes, still not in any real pain, they checked to see if my water had actually broke and the answer was "yes your water broke because we can see his hair!" I was at 6 cm there, walked myself down the hallway to labour and delivery, got there and was at 9! next contraction brought on the the uncontrollable urge to push so the nurse had to go find some help. Half hour later he was out :) Total hospital time one hour.....good thing my sister and mother told me to go when I did, other wise I would've had him in my living room.

wejust got home :)
    [
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    sugarbabie- Good luck mama! I'm sure she'll come when she's ready. My girlfriend is heading into her 42nd week because her baby boy isn't coming. She went to get another u/s to re-check the due date and baby's growth. They pushed her due date back a few weeks. Crazy! Sorry, I know that isn't comforting but it just shows these babies know what's right for them :)

jls- Man, your SIL sounds like a peach. :) My shower this weekend will be full of wonderful in-laws like yours. I haven't talked to my MIL in about a month- we just don't really talk. Out of the blue she texted me and asked how much weight I've gained... Don't worry how I'm feeling or anything! Bah- my shower will likely be all about her and my 3 sisters-in-law. Oh well. :) I've gotten used to it and just let it roll off my back.

It's awfully quiet in here. I usually try to stay away from the computer on the weekend so I don't check in much. I hope the quiet means everyone is doing ok and feeling well. :)

Happy September to all!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Well, I had my 32/33 week appointment today...and once again, the heart rate was super low- 129 bpm! Soooo, I mentioned to my Doctor that the heart rate has been pretty low all along and I was started to question whether it's really another girl as they told me (they said they were 92% sure at the time). Doc decided to "make up" a reason for another ultrasound (although I'm measuring big, so it's to check the weight as well) which I will be having at my next appointment on the 19th. I can't believe I have to wait almost 2 weeks to find out if this baby really is a girl, or a boy as I suspected all along. With only 5 weeks left at that point, I'll have to do a lot of little boy shopping...ah well- we shall see!