how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Pretty surprised I haven't gained more. 20 weeks and I'm up around 6-7lbs... Considering my doctor told me I'm not allowed to workout anymore I was panicking that I'd gain like crazy. But i've been maintaining same weight for a few weeks. I do miss working out :( can't wait to start again.
    I'm with you, I'm 16 weeks and only gained 1.5 lbs, but everything about the baby looks good, no issues so they're not saying anything about it other than they were happy with my gain :laugh: Guess we'll be third tri gainers :wink:
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm up 32lbs@28 weeks! It has been a litle slower gain though the last few weeks, 1-2lbs instead of th 3-4 I had prior.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've been posting here to keep track of my weight week after week and give others to come an idea of my weight gain progress.
    For anyone who hasen't been keep keeping track here it is...

At 8 weeks pregnant I was +6lbs
    at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs

I seem to be keeping fairly stable for the past couple of weeks. My OB was happy with that when I saw her today :)
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    38 weeks, now up 30 pounds.... ready to get this baby out and work on losing all this weight!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    30 weeks and up 22 pounds. I can't wait to start running again. With the weather turning cooler, I miss it so bad!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    http://mommylonglegs.com/blog/index.php/news/tall-pregnant-science-rules

Just a little info for the tall girls on here. Looks like taller women can safely gain more weight while pregnant
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Just a little info for the tall girls on here. Looks like taller women can safely gain more weight while pregnant

how tall is tall considered? Just curious

anywho, about 20wks I am up 13lbs :(
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    30 weeks and up 22 pounds. I can't wait to start running again. With the weather turning cooler, I miss it so bad!

Wow great job! hoping to stay under 25-30 lbs u give me hope lol.
    Oh i miss running too!!!! I've been dreaming about it lol. my exercise has been cut off completely for medical reasons and all I do is day dream about the day I can run again. lol
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options

how tall is tall considered? Just curious

anywho, about 20wks I am up 13lbs :(

coco 13 isn't too bad. don't stress. with the way u are with committing to working out now w the baby in ur belly. Ur going to kick butt when that baby is born. I'll make sure to motivate u to get off ur butt once the time is here to lose the weight lol
  • gigigee
    gigigee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm still running at 31 weeks (went this morning -- very relaxing). OK, I am VERY slow. You could probably speed walk faster than I am running. I also have to alternate quarter miles with walking, because I get short-of-breath easily. Having said that, I think trying to maintain fitness is the way-to-go. With my first pregnancy, I stopped running at 7 months, and couldn't do it again until 3 months post-partum (had a C-section) and it was too many months out-of-shape.

Anyway, to answer the question: I am 31 weeks pregnant and have gained 18lbs. I'd like to gain a total of 25lbs this time (gained 30 lbs last time, but found losing the excess weight took nearly a year!). I decided to get back on MFP to try and track some healthier foods (I confess, ice cream and chocolate have appeared in my diet!). I'd appreciate any other tips on how to custom-adjust MFP settings. They really need a pregnancy function!
  • snowgrrl83
    Options
    I've been posting here to keep track of my weight week after week and give others to come an idea of my weight gain progress.
    For anyone who hasen't been keep keeping track here it is...

At 8 weeks pregnant I was +6lbs
    at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5

Up 2 pounds from last week :( I didn't eat THAT much!!
  • Amanda421
    Options
    I'm still running at 31 weeks (went this morning -- very relaxing). OK, I am VERY slow. You could probably speed walk faster than I am running. I also have to alternate quarter miles with walking, because I get short-of-breath easily. Having said that, I think trying to maintain fitness is the way-to-go. With my first pregnancy, I stopped running at 7 months, and couldn't do it again until 3 months post-partum (had a C-section) and it was too many months out-of-shape.

Anyway, to answer the question: I am 31 weeks pregnant and have gained 18lbs. I'd like to gain a total of 25lbs this time (gained 30 lbs last time, but found losing the excess weight took nearly a year!). I decided to get back on MFP to try and track some healthier foods (I confess, ice cream and chocolate have appeared in my diet!). I'd appreciate any other tips on how to custom-adjust MFP settings. They really need a pregnancy function!

my goal was to keep running until 30- 35 weeks but i made it to ab 27 (and that was only running 1.5- 2 miles at a time- i would have like to maintained 3) i just lost momentum bc of time constrictions and whatever other excuse i told myself. but i am ok with it. i know i will get back into it! way to go for your continued effort and dedication :) keep going!
    and i agree MFP does need a pregnancy nutritional setting.
  • Amanda421
    Options

Wow great job! hoping to stay under 25-30 lbs u give me hope lol.
    Oh i miss running too!!!! I've been dreaming about it lol. my exercise has been cut off completely for medical reasons and all I do is day dream about the day I can run again. lol

thanks. i hope you can return to walking sometime. it really does help control weight gain. i have to remind myself that it is still worth investing my time in doing it even though it is just not the same as a long, heart pumping run.
  • chickybuns
    Options
    29 weeks and up 34.5lbs...ugg, maybe I can keep it under 50
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Yea I am hoping the same at this point. Im up 28lbs at 23 weeks. I just dont see it slowing down. If anything it has picked up in the last month! Im starting to think im going to give birth to a 20lb newborn!!!!!
  • chickybuns
    Options

Yea I am hoping the same at this point. Im up 28lbs at 23 weeks. I just dont see it slowing down. If anything it has picked up in the last month! Im starting to think im going to give birth to a 20lb newborn!!!!!

Haha, let's hope he's not that big!! I know mine is 3lbs, a little on the big side, but not too account for all this weight. I go to the doctor again tomorrow, and I'll have gained about 3.5lbs since last appointment 2 weeks ago, so we will see if they say anything...I sure don't ask :) Any btw I think it's mean they make you weight and THEN pee, that could be like a pound! haha
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    39 weeks, up 30 pounds... this baby needs to hurry up and make an appearance so I can start working this stuff off!! lol
  • snowgrrl83
    Options
    39 weeks, up 30 pounds... this baby needs to hurry up and make an appearance so I can start working this stuff off!! lol

30 pounds sounds really good! I'm hoping to have that kind of result since I started out in the normal weight range :) Healthy for baby and me! Good luck with labor and have a great time with your new little one! I'm so excited for you!! I bet you are too!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Any btw I think it's mean they make you weight and THEN pee, that could be like a pound! haha

When I go in for the appointment (usually 5 minutes or so early) I ask immediately at the check-in whether I can pee then, they always let me, then I'm lighter for the weigh-in!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    At my doc's office, the scale is actually in the bathroom, and they have you weigh yourself privately in there. It would be so easy to fib! But I have to be accountable. I read one story about a woman who lied about her weight right up until the end...when she realized she needed to give the right amount or she was going to be screwed with the epidural. When she blurted out her real weight, everyone was kind of shocked. Lol. I had to laugh because I could so see that being me. Really forcing myself to be honest here. :-)