Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• MrsNewtoyou
    MrsNewtoyou Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! So glad to join this group, you'll see everyhting is set at zero currently for me as I haven't started yet, I just signed up for mfp today. I am having my VSG done in Maine at the end of August. I have already met with the surgeon etc and am just waiting for my confirmation info.

I am hoping ot lose 80lbs with VSG and MFP. Going to do Richard Simmons, treadmill, and weights to start with. I have quite a bit of exercise equipment available to me in my home, it's been collecting dust for quite a few years now.

My story:
    I started gaining during my first pregnancy in 1999, and have since gone up over 100lbs... contributing to this has been post partum depression after she was born in 99, then in 2008 we started fertility treatments to have another, I gained quite a bit from the medications etc, and then I got pregnant (finally) with triplets! I delivered my boys in April of 2011; and found myself at the highest weight I have ever been! I have lost some on my own, but am turning to WLS as a tool to help me reach my goals. I am VERY excited about this journey and getting fit!
  • JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm Jill. I had VSG on March 15, Scottsdale Healthcare with Dr Swain. So I just passed 4 months, and have lost 75 lbs. Thrilled, although it just never seems fast enough! But I have a long way to go, so as long as it keeps coming off, it's all good.
  • charlami
    charlami Posts: 31
    Options
    OMG Jill that is totally awesome. Great work! and welcome!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi...I've been on MFP since November 2011, and just discovered your Vs Gers group, and glad I did. I had my surgery on March 26, 2012. Prior to surgery (from December 2011 to March 2012) I was able to drop 37 lbs. Since my surgery I have dropped 65, so it's now been a total of 102 lbs lost so far. I'm a 43 year old wife and mom to a little daughter and really had hoped to have more kids, but too many miscarriages got in the way of all that :sad: , but I feel truly blessed to have my little one. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself on here...
  • donsdee
    donsdee Posts: 8
    Options
    MFP is the best support!!!! Watch out it can be addicting.......................feel free to add me if you like!!!
  • Buzzyi
    Buzzyi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I was sleeved on 2 July 2012,so I'm three weeks out and am new to MFP and all it entails. I start mushy food tomorrow and can't wait. I've started a bit of a swimming regime, although nothing too hectic as my incisions have only just healed.

My weight has yo-yoed up and up since my college days and this is something I've planned and researched for nearly a year as i just haven't been able to keep the weight off.

I'm a teacher, I'm an expat living in the Middle East and would love to make some supportive buddies on here. It is Ramadan at the moment where I live which means no-one can eat or drink in public during daylight hours. I keep having to nip to the loo to drink water!

I'm happy to find another forum with like-minded people.
  • creece864
    Options
    Hello,

I was sleeved 7/19/12 in Johns Creek Ga. Dr William Johnson and I have lost 18lbs in 12 days! Just started really using this site and trying to learn how to use it...
  • Mom_24
    Mom_24 Posts: 7
    Options
    I will be having VSG surgery on 8/13/12, about a week and a half away. I start my official pre-op liquid diet tomorrow, though I elected to start it a week and half ago at 3 weeks prior to surgery. I have lost 7 lbs. since starting it. I really find MFP to be a great tool. Thanks.
  • Peazwithin
    Peazwithin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! :flowerforyou: I am new to MFP and am in the pre- pre - op stage. My surgeon is Dr Donovan Teel in Dayton OH and my insurance requires 3 months of Dr supervised diet and am in the last month. I have already met with Nut. and had psych evaluation. So I hope to be sleeved by 9/15th. Was glad to find you all and hope to get tips and support at every stage. Starting weight was 299 an am now down to 282! Slow but steady wins the race. My question to the veterans: How can I see your successful menus for ideas at every stage? I don't want to get stuck in a rut. Thanks Shelia
  • sarahjayne823
    sarahjayne823 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sarah.I've been using MFP since February and have gotten into the habit of tracking my food and exercise -- such a great app!!! My VSG is scheduled for Tuesday morning, August 7th! I'm getting excited to "get on with it" and move on with my life -- instead of the hoping and planning for the last six months. I've had to jump through a ton of insurance/surgeon hoops to make this happen, and couldn't happen soon enough, as I start school again the last week of August. So, hopefully, I'm healed enough to handle all of the stress involved in working fulltime and school parttime. Feel free to friend me and we'll do this together!!!
  • amariewls
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    My name is Ashley.
    I had my band to sleeve revision surgery on 6/27/12 by Dr. Stephen Fleischer in Dayton, Oh. I originally had the band done on 12/1/08 weighing in at 454 lbs, I lost a total of 195 lbs after having the band for 2 years. I started having complications which caused me to gain around 50 lbs back, so I decided to have the revision. Since the revision I have lost 20 lbs, and total I have lost 174 lbs!

I'm looking forward to the rest of this journey :) Feel free to friend me!!
  • xiola511
    xiola511 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi All -

My name is Cherie & I live in central NY. I'm completely new to using this site and am currently going through the requirements for Vertical Sleeve surgery. My surgeon is Dr. Simon in Syracuse NY. I hope to be sleeved within the next 2 months as I am almost done with pre-surgery stepping stones. Before I can schedule, I need to lose 15lbs. - doesn't seem like a lot but it is a struggle. I'm looking for others who are awaiting surgery, are post-surgery and/or are just familiar with this site and can provide help and support while I try to achieve my weight-loss goals. Please feel free to friend me!
  • luannek
    luannek Posts: 5
    Options
    Mine was May 15, 2012, I am just about to hit the 3 month mark. I have lost 54 pounds. I had my surgery at St. John-Providence Health in Madison Heights, MI. My doctor was Dr. Pesta. I am very happy not only with the results but how I feel and have felt the entire time. I had no issues whatsoever.
  • MrsNewtoyou
    MrsNewtoyou Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mom_24 good luck tomorrow!
  • Hello all
    I had VSG on June 12, 2012
    I hit my -50lbs on August 16,2012 ( a little over 2 months)
    My ticker is not accurate and I don't know how to change/fix it
  • blueflame97
    blueflame97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelley. I had the sleeve surgery on June 25th. I have lost 42lbs so far. I have hit a stall and started tracking thru MFP. I had my surgery in Greenville, SC. I struggle to meet my protein requirements. I have been using quest bars to supplement. I am open to any suggestions!
  • caldrich001
    caldrich001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm scheduled for VSG on 9/18/2012 and super excited!
  • flbelle42
    flbelle42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name is Deanna from Jacksonville, Florida

Surgery Date: 7/20/12
    Where: Tijuana, Mexico
    Pre-surgery weight: 375
    Surgery day weight: 328
    Current weight: 296
  • flbelle42
    flbelle42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah,

I am a recent Dr. Almanza patient. Congrats on the success!

Deanna
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Angela from Nebraska. I just completed my pre surgery items and am waiting for my surgery date.

My psch and OH led me to Mfp. Im a newlywed and have a lot to lose but know I can do it. My ultimate goal is to have children.