CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• cazsyl
    cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well today ends my second week at cut after a 12 week reset (didn't want to be on cut for a holiday).

First week I didn't lose anything, this week I've lost 1lb. I do miss the additional calories - I've aimed for a 10% cut but compared to my fitbit activity I've actually achieved on average a 5.62% cut over the last 7 days (first week I achieved a 3.08%) so plenty of room for improvement but I'm not beating myself up about it - I still managed a cut over the last 2 weeks and I'm happy with that.

Life's not perfect, and it would be very boring if everything was perfect all the time :) (though sometimes would be nice lol)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I set MFP to my BMR and then the fitbit syncs with MFP so it automatically adds on the extra calories I earn from my day to day stuff and walks, and then I manually add in my weight training or other exercise.

So most days I am eating around 1850-1950 but rest days when I don't do anything aside from a short walk it's around 1650-1700. My BMR is around 1600.

Heidi, have you noticed getting "extra credit" on your fitbit for logged activities in MFP? There has been a huge glitch running over the past few weeks, and a lot of people have found that when they add an activity into MFP, when it syncs with Fitbit, its actually double crediting you for the cals burned. There is a huge thread about it in the fitbit boards..I had to unsync my fitbit...

I haven't actually had the issue...hmm I wonder if it is just some people?

Some people havent seemed to notice any problems. I wish it would get fixed already
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my Girl's Trip to Vermont and it was fabulous!! The weather was gorgeous and we had a wonderful time.

I did a LOT of walking and ALL of the girls were VERY health concious this year about meals and I must say we did VERY well with food and only drank wine. (well, there were a couple of Bailey's Coffees in there:tongue: )

:heart: A BIG CONGRATS TO HEIDI ON A JOB WELL DONE:heart:
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Rosie, glad you had a great time!! Sounds like it! Mmmm baileys and coffee:)

Tomorrow is weigh in... im not sure what things will show since i jumped to TDEE on friday, and then found out my average burn over the last week from my fitbit was giving me 200 cals OVER that.,.so its likely I was actually eat at a 200 cal deficit rather than cut...
    So we'll see in the morning:)
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Well I guess its ok news.. had a .6 gain on the scale, so I guess 2700 would be pretty accurate as my TDEE. Ill continue on a few more days or so at TDEE and then drop to my new cut and see what happens
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back Rosie and glad you had fun :happy: As for an update, I was planning on going on a diet break this week starting Sunday but as it turns out Saturday morning I dropped my first pound after 8 weeks of Reset and 4 weeks of cut. So continuing on with my 5th week of cut and the pound is still off. I was so happy to see that what i've been doing has finally given me a positive sign on the scale, that i've delayed my diet break till after the 6th week of cut. I bought a HRM, not an expensive one as i'm sharing it with my daughter right now...but it will give me enough info to keep closer track of my exercise intensity and calorie burns. I also should add that on the 3rd week of cut I thought my body was going crash completely. I felt so horrible with no energy, I was completely re-thinking everything that I had done up to that point...which had led me to the conclusion that my body was dying for a break. I had also been starving for the first 4 weeks of cut. But finally a pound gone and i'm a happy camper. Still doing my weights 3 times a day, and walking every day for an hour at speeds of 3.0 to 3.5. Sometimes I mix in some running but my knees aren't very happy when I do that :(.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Rosie - Sounds like you had a great time. The Bailey's coffees sound awesome!

Cazsyl - When I first went to cut from reset it definitely took me a week or two to get all the way to 10% consistently. The more time passed the closer I got to 15%. I think that's the way it happened for a lot of us. It's hard to go all the way to 15% from reset!!!

Raynn - How long are you doing diet break for? I probably missed this!

Littlepink - Glad you saw some progress. That's always such a great feeling!

As for me - Well, I've been on my increased thyroid meds and iron all week. This morning I heard my alarm clock (instead of sleeping through the sound). I was groggy but my body was not lead. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone, but it makes sense to me. It's like I still felt tired from waking up, but I could choose to override it and get up and once I was up my body woke up. I think I still have a ways to go. I'm supposed to do additional testing because of my hypoglycemic episodes. I totally botched it and forgot to go to the lab last Saturday, so I will go this Saturday. I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. I'm starting to log again. I'm up four pounds from where I was two weeks ago. *sigh* It's definitely not due to lifting, water retention, or any other such good reason! On a positive note I had my first dance class on Sunday. I signed up for cabaret/jazz and ballet. It's been over 12 years since I've danced. So after dancing for two hours straight, I have yet to move my quadriceps without feeling insane tightness! Oh well. It was super fun! I'm just planning to rest and let my meds continue to kick in as my half marathon is on Sunday. I'm not expecting anything spectacular. When I started I wanted to finish in under 3 hours. I don't think that's doable anymore with the lapse in training I had this last month. But I will finish and I will get my medal!
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Yes, Im on a diet break. I spoke with Lucia last week on it and we agreed that it was time to take one, and since my TDEE turned out to be less than what I was originally using, I needed to adjust my 15% cut. So rather than cutting down first, we decided going to TDEE for a week or so first, then cut back down.
    So we'll see..

Im glad you are starting to feel better!
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Well I guess its ok news.. had a .6 gain on the scale, so I guess 2700 would be pretty accurate as my TDEE. Ill continue on a few more days or so at TDEE and then drop to my new cut and see what happens

Seems my gain likely is explained from TOM arriving 6 freakin days early.. Sigh...
    Just one more thing to throw a wrench into my thinking
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, first let me apologize for not posting in this thread as often as I should. I always come in and take a quick read through to see where you all are at, but I've just been too mentally exhausted to post in more than the odd thread and usually only a sentence or two. I think I need another vacay! :ohwell:

Anyways, I'm glad to see some of you making progress and starting to find your own groove with tweaking, etc, and hang in there for those of you still staring at the flashing sign "Patience" when all you want to do is rip it off the wall and smash it to pieces. There are so many days where I seem to swing between both ends of that pendulum...

As for me, I'm currently enjoying 3 consistent weight drops in the past 3 days which also happen to coincide nicely with the fact that I have reduced my deficit from around 550 to only 250ish. So, needless to say I'm quite convinced that a smaller deficit is something I need to keep up. For those of you following me, you will know how hard it has been for me to keep a smaller deficit (old habits of under-eating and overexercising) and I'm quite happy with myself right now in this small victory and I really hope I can maintain it well. :drinker:

I have also adjusted my macros. I am a mesomorph with a screwed up metabolism from years of vlcd'ing. So I've evened out my carb/pro/fat ratios to 30/35/35. Some days I do well, others...well...it takes practice....lol.

So that is me at the moment. Still only 2 lbs lighter after reset, but small victories and nsv's all during this time. And, my photos show that my body is changing. Patience is so key in this....some days I'm short in it, other days I'm good. But I'll keep on working at it....
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    2nd week of cut and have gained a pound. Blah. I took the last 3 weeks of the reset off from working out to give myself a break. Started running/lifting again when I started the cut 2 weeks ago. Hoping this is just water retention from working out again. Kinda frustrating really. I guess I just hoped that I would start cut and the weight would magically start going down. Determined to stick with this though.
  • cazsyl
    cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1.5 lb off this week with a cut 7 day average of 15.9% on my fitbit. This sadly is an enhanced cut as Mum was diagnosed with cancer this week so neither of us have felt like eating much since the news.

I'm helping her to start eating clean now as I'm sure it will help her treatment if she's eating the right nutrients.
  • Raynn1
    Options
    1.5 lb off this week with a cut 7 day average of 15.9% on my fitbit. This sadly is an enhanced cut as Mum was diagnosed with cancer this week so neither of us have felt like eating much since the news.

I'm helping her to start eating clean now as I'm sure it will help her treatment if she's eating the right nutrients.

I am so sorry about your Mother. :( stay strong. be healthy for both of your sakes. And I know its hard when your under stress and such, but do remember to eat. You dont want to accidentally slip back to eating so little:(

Hugs
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Well I did it.. I ran my last race of the year, a 10k.. and I did it without a single walk break. My big fat frame carried me over that finish line running. I ran the entire thing... something I never thought I could do in my lifetime, nor had a desire to.. Not bad for someone that never really trained for a 10k:) I trained for a 5k.. and then when we jumped to the 10k, I had only run 6k solid prior to last month.. my last 10k in Aug was about 4-5 walk breaks, and this time I hit the 5k mark on the race and just decided to go for it. I felt good, I was not sore anywhere, and just went with the flow. Its silly, but in my warped little head, I couldnt call myself a 10k runner until I crossed the line having not walked at all. And even though I was classified as a 10k runner last month, my head has finally allowed myself to officially call myself it:)...

I peeked on the scale yesterday and I still have some bloat going on and was up about a pound from Wed weigh in, so heres hoping a few days of chugging water and such will help clear it up. Id really like to see some progress this week...
    Im still eating at my supposed tdee, but its possible im eating still at about a 200 cal deficit based on my last few readouts from fitbit.. so who knows.
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well I did it.. I ran my last race of the year, a 10k.. and I did it without a single walk break. My big fat frame carried me over that finish line running. I ran the entire thing... something I never thought I could do in my lifetime, nor had a desire to.. Not bad for someone that never really trained for a 10k:) I trained for a 5k.. and then when we jumped to the 10k, I had only run 6k solid prior to last month.. my last 10k in Aug was about 4-5 walk breaks, and this time I hit the 5k mark on the race and just decided to go for it. I felt good, I was not sore anywhere, and just went with the flow. Its silly, but in my warped little head, I couldnt call myself a 10k runner until I crossed the line having not walked at all. And even though I was classified as a 10k runner last month, my head has finally allowed myself to officially call myself it:)...

I peeked on the scale yesterday and I still have some bloat going on and was up about a pound from Wed weigh in, so heres hoping a few days of chugging water and such will help clear it up. Id really like to see some progress this week...
    Im still eating at my supposed tdee, but its possible im eating still at about a 200 cal deficit based on my last few readouts from fitbit.. so who knows.

Great Job on the run!!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for finishing and more congrats for running the whole thing :drinker: That's really awesome that you outdid yourself. You should be extremely proud!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    cazsyl - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. ((HUGS)) Hang in there.

Raynn - You are awesome. I'm so proud of you!

I ran my half marathon yesterday. Me. A half marathon. I would've never thought it possible. I couldn't run a mile at the beginning of this year! It was rough! But I did it. I crossed that finish line. I'm hoping to write a full race recap today and post when I get a chance. But I have my medal! Woot!

I'm very sore, so I'm going to take a rest week or two, the exception being my dance classes on Sundays. I need to get back into logging regularly. I've really not done well with that at all and it shows. Between that and last month's health issues, I'm up about 6 pounds. I'm sure at least a few of those are real fat gain. But I'm hoping the rest is water retention and other various reasons. I do have an ear infection also, so I just kind of want to recover my health before starting my next phase. What is the next phase? Glad you asked. Running will be going on the backburner, still running but low mileage and higher intensity, and I'll be starting phase 1 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. When? I'm not sure. I want to go up to TDEE for a bit, get my ear healed, get my hormone testing done that I keep forgetting to do (I always remember it after I've eaten and it's a fasting lab), and get some weeds pulled and next year's garden/landscaping areas prepped. So it may be a month or so of rest and recovery and yardwork before I actually start. But I'm okay with that. I want to be ready to give it 100%.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the runs Raynn and Sweatpants! Those are awesome achievements!
  • Raynn1
    Options
    I started writing a huge vent, but decided to post it in the emtlw forums instead.... somehow I just didnt feel right venting in here today...
  • dwn2erth
    dwn2erth Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a question... I didn't see the issue of reset when I started EM2WL.... I've been eating my BMR plus my excercise. I've lost nothing.. But now I'm wondering if I should be eating more The reset amount would be what??? I just looked on the Scooby calculator and it said my TDEE would be 2408 with a 15 % cut Cal to 2046 my BMR is 1411 ... I've been eating around 1700 cal per day average. .. Is this too low... That's with the workouts and excercising?? Am I supposed to eat around 2400 to reset?? Than cut to 2046 with excercise?