Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Checking in again after an absence of a couple weeks.

CW = 193.7
    LW = 190.5
    Gain = 3.2

I am hoping that now that school's back in session I will get back on to a routine - with eating, exercise and checking in on MFP.

Hope you all had a great week.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    This is copied from my regular MFP page.

Good morning, Summer is coming to a close and all the wedding preparations and events have also ended.

It is now time to get back to a healthier lifestyle. I have gained back nearly half of my total loss.

Starting today I am going to try and get back in the habit of logging and watching what I eat much closer.

In 4 weeks, my wife, myself and our 2 best friends are going to Hawaii. I would like to lose between 10 - 15 pounds by then. It will take some work but I think it is doable.

I still need to figure out my treadmill workouts. What was formally my exercise room was transformed into another guest room for visiting family members. I have no idea what I will be doing with the extra bed and everything now. My treadmill is currently in my son's room and he doesn't particularly care for me to hang out in his room for an hour or so every night. I am hoping to some time in the near future to also get back on the racquetball courts.

Wish me luck.

I will wait till tomorrow to post this weeks chart and hopefully a few others will send in their updates.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've been lying to myself for weeks now and pretty much hiding. I can't keep telling myslef it's water weight. Time to get real and with the program. Today we started back at the gym and my goal is the gym at least three times a week and the bike at home the days I don't get to the gym. I'm resetting my starting weight to reflect the 10 lbs I've put on since April.
    Okay I'm gonna kick this pig! Not sure what the pig ever did to me, but I'm kicking it just the same! :-)
    Tim my checkin this week is 311.2lbs :-(
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Captain ,

Every thing was fine during Vacation, only one Worst thing happend is Weight GAIN...

LW: 171.6
    CW: 178.57
    GAIN: 7 lb

I need some support :cry: to shred these 7 lbs...

Best of Luck to all our Friends... :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Greetings Men,
    Good news is we had a better turn out this week on check ins. Bad news is it looks like most of us fell a bit behind during the course of the summer.

However, we are all holding ourselves accountable and we are re-committing ourselves.

Shabbar, you have mine and everyone else's complete support. You and me and a few others will turn this around and be in the blue colored area again very soon.

Here is this week's chart gentlemen.

WeekofSep3.jpg
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Time to check in.

LWW -234 lbs.
    CWW - 234 lbs.

No change. I will take that with what all is going on at work. Have a great weekend guys.
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options
    Good Morning Captain ,

Things are getting better, and workouts started. No big LOSS but happy to know that there is NO GAIN...:smile:

LW: 178.57
    CW: 178.35
    LOSS: 0.22 lb

Best of Luck to all our Friends...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    LW: 318
    TW: 317
    loss -1

meh it's one but I'll take it!
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LW: 228.4 (09/10/12)
    CW: 224.8 (09/17/12)
    Lost: 3.6

The CrAzY roller coaster continues...
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Good afternoon Men,
    Well I am happy to say that as a group, we had a much better week. We are still a little lighter in the participation and updates area than I would like but those that did post had a better week.

I thought I might be the biggest loser this week but whorehy got in there with a fantastic 3.6 pound loss. That is awesome. I challenge the rest of you to try and knock us down in next week's chart.

Here is this week's chart.

WeekofSep102012.jpg
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed this week's check-in
    CW 194.6 - still headed the wrong direction.
    I'm on a trip for the rest of this week, so next week may not be an improvement. After that I'm determined to get back on track.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    LWW - 234 lbs.
    CWW - 234 lbs

Work has been crazy and I head to Atlanta today for a week of training. I will do my best to stay on program. Here in the states we are about a month out from the time of year when people on average gain 15 lbs in only a few weeks. I would like like to drop a few more before hitting that holiday season and working my tale off just to maintain.

Have a great week guys.
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Nice Results, if not fantastic, got some LOSS to report....

LW: 178.35
    CW: 177.25
    LOSS: 1.1 lb

Still those extra weight gained during vacation is killing me during workouts...:mad: could not able to do the treadmill for long... :huh:

Best of Luck to all our Friends... :flowerforyou:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    LW: 317
    TW 317

no loss again. /=
    BUT my Body Fat % is at the lowest it has EVER been 34.3%
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Good job staying steady and Shabbar 1.1 is great! I am up 3lbs I'm at 312lbs, but I atrribute it to all the sodium yesturday and I know with watching sodium and flushing It'll be gone oin a couple days. I know my calories have been good, but we have been eating brats all week. It like a meat/sodium rollup!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hi friends,

Thanks for the updates. Still hoping a few more get theirs in. I'm kind of busy here at work today so will get the chart posted tomorrow.

Shabar, nice job. Your are heading in the right direction.:smile:

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options
    Good job staying steady and Shabbar 1.1 is great! I am up 3lbs I'm at 312lbs, but I atrribute it to all the sodium yesturday and I know with watching sodium and flushing It'll be gone oin a couple days. I know my calories have been good, but we have been eating brats all week. It like a meat/sodium rollup!

Thanks Steve,

I really appreciate your encouragement, I checked your photos and I liked the kid with Horse...

Best of Luck for your Fitness Plan... :flowerforyou:
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    down another # for me!!
    almost 50#'s gone!
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Went out of town again and almost forgot to check in, anyway nothing too exciting to report but I guess I'll take it....
    LW: 224.8 (09/17/12)
    CW: 224.6 (09/24/12)
    Lost: 0.2
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Good morning men,

It looks like we are starting to turn the Summer gains around a little. BBQ's, parties, weekend outings are making way for better eating and regular exercise programs.

I had a .6 pound loss this week. Not as much as I hoped for but I'll take it. Birthday party this weekend and too many cupcakes. I'm sure by Wednesday that I'll drop another pound. Just hope I don't pick it back up next weekend :)

bmirob- Fantastic job and you have that 50 pound loss mark in your sights. I'm expecting you to hit it on next weeks update.

shabbar- Is the top winner this week. You are in the groove now and there is no stopping you. Congratulations.

Again, if any of you have a friend you think could benefit from this group, please send them an invite and ask them to join. I think some fresh blood in the mix could be a good thing.

Here is this week's chart.

WeekofSep172012.jpg