Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm back, Chest and Back and ARX in the tank! I restarted Phase 3 after last weeks disaster of a week.

I was up at 4 am this morning, could have been in bed until 4:30 but nature called and I knew I wouldn't fall back to sleep so just got up, drank my BCAAs and got it done!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Okay something odd has happened. I miss working out! I am freaking out to workout!! When did this happen?

I cannot sit and wait for physio anymore. I must do something. I decided that missing 12 days meant that I did indeed have to re-do the 30 day section. So I started week 5 again this week and will continue on from there. I have had to modify a few things for my left upper body (part that was hurt in the car accident). I have just done things like less reps so that I can handle the exercise. But then for plyo today there was no need to modify anything. It only seems to matter (read cause major pain) when weight lifting in specific ways. Otherwise it is just a dull constant ache. I must say it felt so good to be back at it this week, but also so painful from just that small time off.

Oh and I pick up my new car tomorrow...well it's a used car, but it is new to me!! So my life is almost back on schedule.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Okay something odd has happened. I miss working out! I am freaking out to workout!! When did this happen?

I cannot sit and wait for physio anymore. I must do something. I decided that missing 12 days meant that I did indeed have to re-do the 30 day section. So I started week 5 again this week and will continue on from there. I have had to modify a few things for my left upper body (part that was hurt in the car accident). I have just done things like less reps so that I can handle the exercise. But then for plyo today there was no need to modify anything. It only seems to matter (read cause major pain) when weight lifting in specific ways. Otherwise it is just a dull constant ache. I must say it felt so good to be back at it this week, but also so painful from just that small time off.

Oh and I pick up my new car tomorrow...well it's a used car, but it is new to me!! So my life is almost back on schedule.

Glad to hear things are going better!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I feel back on top of my game again.

Last week was such a clusterf**k of stress, anxiety and totally change in routine that my body revolted big time, I was up 7 pounds on the scale, but this week, back in the game, prepped my food for the week, so I just had to throw it in a bag in the morning and have been getting up every morning early to work out and the scale has come back down, maybe I'll even show a loss this week but if not I'll be happy to be back to where I was before the week from hell.

But after being unemployed for an entire year, TOTALLY thrilled to have a job again (even if it is temporary with a possibility for full time)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just started phase 1 (again... Hoping to make it through this time!!) and Yoga X completely killed me last night! I have never been this sore in my life, but I am loving it :).

Kat
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I just started phase 1 (again... Hoping to make it through this time!!) and Yoga X completely killed me last night! I have never been this sore in my life, but I am loving it :).

Kat

Welcome back! I really hated YogaX for the first month, too long, really difficult, and I always felt because of the slower pace that I really wasn't doing much, but was I wrong, now I enjoy my Yoga days (even though I still think it's too long) and you are right, the next day I am so sore in my arms and my entire core. It's amazing.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I feel back on top of my game again.

Last week was such a clusterf**k of stress, anxiety and totally change in routine that my body revolted big time, I was up 7 pounds on the scale, but this week, back in the game, prepped my food for the week, so I just had to throw it in a bag in the morning and have been getting up every morning early to work out and the scale has come back down, maybe I'll even show a loss this week but if not I'll be happy to be back to where I was before the week from hell.

But after being unemployed for an entire year, TOTALLY thrilled to have a job again (even if it is temporary with a possibility for full time)

Great to hear you are back on top if things this week! And a huge CONGRATULATIONS on the job. I am crossing my fingers that they make it permanent. :)
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your motivation and comments. I will not quit regardless how bad or funky I am. Only 16 more days!

SD - Kempo with weighted gloves - OMG!

Znm - Sorry about your grandmother

Morgan - hope you feel better soon.

Nicole - already looking into the next program - Props to you!

Are you finished Kel???
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders and Triceps is rough this time around, gosh I feel like I could hardly do a pushup and I'm in Phase 3.
    I still feel like the eating is a problem right now, last week I did awesome until the weekend, and there was no reason for it. I kind of blew all the great work.

I'm at a crossroads with my head and my heart. I am going to persevere but I've been in the same 5 lbs for the last 3 weeks, and I know it's my mental block about the size 14 and going below it, I know that I just have to keep pushing myself to get through it, but it's obvious that it's going to take a lot for me to get past this point.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    hey everyone, just stopping in to say hi... as you know i was on vacation last week, and now i am leaving today to travel to raleigh for business until saturday... going to pick it back up on monday (a few other couples and my wife and I are doing a weight loss contest for motivation). Not sure I am going to finish out with p90x, or go to a more cardio/fat burning routine for the contest (running, etc), but either way I am going to be on MFP and if I don't finish out p90x this time around, I will definitely do the entire program in the future... i think the program would be better suited for a skinnier me anyways :)

Hope everyone is doing well, see you next week!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your motivation and comments. I will not quit regardless how bad or funky I am. Only 16 more days!

SD - Kempo with weighted gloves - OMG!

Znm - Sorry about your grandmother

Morgan - hope you feel better soon.

Nicole - already looking into the next program - Props to you!

Are you finished Kel???

Sorry for not responding sooner. Been out of town.

Yes ma'am. Finished up on Saturday. One happy girl here!

SD - I didn't lose any weight but lost inches and major redistribution. Keep on trucking!

ZNM - the main thing is you gotta do something you like enough to push play everyday.
  • moran1917
    Options
    This is the first week that I am allowed to do the p90x right through every day. Today was back and biceps for the first time in 3 weeks. I don't mean to cry like a little baby, but ouch....it's like I'm a newbie again. At the same time it feels nice to be back doing my thing every day and not having to modify nearly as much.

Today was a shaky day, as in I shook a ton while I was lifting and doing my thing. I did not have to lower any weights from last time, but I did have to do less reps in several cases. I like lawnmowers cause they make me feel super strong (only one I do at above 20 lbs, 21).

My physio guy is the most worried about tomorrow's yoga routine. He says that yoga twists you in ways that may affect my sore neck and back area. We had a long talk today about pain from working out vs real pain that means stop. We talked about modifying and using a yoga block that he sent home with me to try and not twist anything too much. I mostly found it kinda odd that yoga was the workout he was worried about of all the p90x....
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you eased into the yoga poses Moran, I would replace Yoga X with Stretch X if you are worried about the harder poses.

I Did Kenpo X and followed it with Stretch X which made me so very relaxed.

Day 88 for me, so got Core Syn and Yoga X left :)
  • vtmoon
    Options
    and YAY for Kel on finishing :)
  • vtmoon
    Options
    And day 90 is done :)

Very happy to have stuck with it even though the 24 people who started with me all dropped :(

And thanks for the people in this thread for being my support team towards the end of it!

Going to do final measurements tomorrow and see how much progress happened.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Great work vtmoon!!!
  • moran1917
    Options
    Bad news all, I am breaking up with you :sad: My physio guy said that the weight lifting is making it impossible for me to heal up from the car accident. :explode: I will definitely do this program over again from the start when I am healed and better able to perform. In the meantime he said that I can do all the cardio I want so I am going to give Insanity a try- I stress the word try at this point. It has been great having a group like this to work out with...I appreciate you all and hope you get great p90x results! :drinker:
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Bad news all, I am breaking up with you :sad: My physio guy said that the weight lifting is making it impossible for me to heal up from the car accident. :explode: I will definitely do this program over again from the start when I am healed and better able to perform. In the meantime he said that I can do all the cardio I want so I am going to give Insanity a try- I stress the word try at this point. It has been great having a group like this to work out with...I appreciate you all and hope you get great p90x results! :drinker:

no biggie, your health comes first as long as you are exercising we don't care how you do it as long as you do it :)
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Great work vtmoon!!!

Thanks Znm!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    So I crashed my car yesterday on my way to work, this week is going to be a complete wash for me.

I feel kind of defeated.