Options
    Welcome Jennie to stage 7.

I'm done and out of here. LOL
    7.6 Deadlift 110x2x8
    Step up 50x4x15
    DBsquat 40x20x4
    shoulder press 40x15x4
    Under lat pull 70x4x15
    My traps are screaming today and I had a very hard tome changing my clothes after work HA.
    It was a good workout and I didn't feel like I was going to die.

YEAH!! I done!!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATS! :drinker:
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Did my first Stage 7 workout on Saturday. Didn't go too bad, but, man, am I sore today!!!

squat - 65lb 2x8
    lunge - 15 lb DB 4x15
    push up - on floor 3x15 and 1x10
    RD - 65 lb 4x15
    DB row - 15 lb 4x15
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Going for my first stage 7 workout tonight! Reading how tough these workouts have been for people is scaring me a bit here....
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Ellie, they aren't too bad, really. The 30 second rests are really what make it tough, but try not to push it on the weights and that will make it not so tough.

7.2 today

Incline BP - 45lbs, 2x8
    seated row - 70lbs, 2x8
    DB squat - 20lbs, 4x15
    OH press - 15lbs, 4x15
    step ups - 45lbs - 4x15
    lat pulldown - 50lbs, 4x15
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Going for my first stage 7 workout tonight! Reading how tough these workouts have been for people is scaring me a bit here....
    It gets a little easier after the first one or two, I think. Initially I had to lie down on the bench during my 30 second rests to catch my breath, and I had mad DOMS after 7.1 (but I also hadn't lifted at all in about 3 weeks). By the time I got to 7.3 I was doing much better.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Okay, that killed me last night! Its been a mere 12 hours since I finished my workout and I am already super sore. Here's how I came out.

Squat-85
    Lunge-15 reps, 2 at 20 lbs DB, 2 at 15 lb DB
    Pushups (my nemesis)- all on the floor, 9, 6, 5, 5
    Deadlift-95
    DB Row-15 reps, 2 at 20 and 2 at 15 lb DBs

I had to drop weights halfway through because my left hand was killing me! I had some random pain in it earlier this week that I though had passed but I guess not. At any rate, we'll see if I can still walk by the end of the day....
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Starting stage 7 soon (probably will take a week off first). I'm liking what I'm seeing about how hard the workouts are. Coming from stage 5, I'm ready for more of a challenge. I had a hard time keeping my heart rate up with those. About how long do the Stage 7 workouts take. Will I be able to finish them within an hour? I've had to keep my sets at 3 and my rest times at 60 secs for the stage 5 workouts.

Looking forward to it!
  • hammycakes
    hammycakes Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    All I can say is: Puketastic! I guess it was a mistake to have a protein shake an hour before first workout of stage 7.
    squat - 85lb 2x8
    lunge - 55 lb BB 4x15
    push up - floor 4x15
    RD - 95 lb 4x15
    DB row - 20 lb DBs 4x15

My workout partner and I took 30 second rests, but I had to walk a couple laps between the third and fourth round because I was feeling so lightheaded.

Hope the next workout isn't as crazy!
  • agthorn
    Options
    Hi all! Starting stage 7 soon (probably will take a week off first). I'm liking what I'm seeing about how hard the workouts are. Coming from stage 5, I'm ready for more of a challenge. I had a hard time keeping my heart rate up with those. About how long do the Stage 7 workouts take. Will I be able to finish them within an hour? I've had to keep my sets at 3 and my rest times at 60 secs for the stage 5 workouts.

Looking forward to it!
    Definitely less than an hour. Probably about 40-45 minutes.
  • agthorn
    Options
    Well, I'm DONE. Did all 12 workouts (oof). Here's the final numbers:

Squat: 110 (-)
    Incline Bench: 55-60
    Cable Row: 70-75
    Deadlift: 115-135 (PR!!)

Lunge: 15 (-)
    Pushup: started on bench, finished on floor
    Romanian DL: 70-85lb
    DB Row: 15 (-)

DB Squat: 20-25
    Shoulder Press: 15 (-)
    Step-Ups: 15-25
    Pulldown: 60-75

Looking forward to getting back to lower reps next week!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Great job!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    7.4 done today

Squats - 85lbs
    DB squat - 20 lb
    shoulder press - 15lb (think I can go up on this one next time)
    step ups - 45 lbs (only did 8 on the last set)
    lat pulldown - 50 lbs (pretty sure I can go up in this one too)
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I completed workout one this morning. This is the first time that I honestly questioned if I could make it to the end without giving up. The nausea and lightheadedness was slowing me down and I really exaggerated my 90 second rests. Here are my stats: barbell squats 107
    Static lunge 30
    push ups 15 on floor
    Bb Romanian deadlift 107
    Db bent over row 30
  • jenniet04
    Options
    heather - Nice work!
  • agthorn
    Options
    Heather - it gets better.
  • heatheralia
    Options
    Thanks, Jennie & Agthorn! I thought the workout #2 was a bit less difficult on me, and it is probably due to the fact that I didn't push myself with the weights as much. Here is what I did for workout 2:

barbell incline bench press: 57 lbs.
    bent over row: 57 lbs.
    dumbbell squat (heals raised): 30 lb. dumbbells
    db shoulder press: 20 lb. dumbbells
    step-up: 40 lb. curlbar
    pull-over: 40 lb. curlbar

I sub the bent over row and the pull-over since I do my workouts at home. I know I could have done more weight on the bench press and bent over row, but I was holding myself back to reserve a bit of strength for the rest of the workout. Is this how you ladies are doing it??
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I do my last stage 6 workout on Monday, and this thread is scaring me too. I'm still excited for stage 7, but excited and scared at the same time.

I'm still not sure if I'll start next Wednesday, or if I'll wait until Monday Nov. 5 to start stage 7. I have a question too:

If I have no-one to spot me for barbell bench press, do you find it very different than a dumbbell bench press? Or should I just bite the bullet and *find* someone to spot me to use the barbell?
  • heatheralia
    Options
    Karen -
    I had my hubby spot me for the first set of incline bench presses, but after that I told him I was ok without it. I think that since it is at the beginning of the workout, and since we are not pushing ourselves to the limit, it is not as dangerous. I have to remind myself to conserve strength & energy during the first part of the workout in order to make it through the 4 sets of 14-20 reps.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Heather - yes, that's how I'm doing it.

Karen - since the reps are so high and the rests so short, you really can't push yourself on the weights too much. I don't think you'll need a spotter.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    So, I have one workout left and I'm not going to do it. I'm done. I just don't want to and avoiding my workouts is not doing me any good.

Good luck to you all!!