Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options

Step-ups I kept at 95. Will go to 100 next time.

Goodness gracious! What size step are you using!?

FSPP gets less awkward the more you do it. I've actually started to prefer the front squat over the back squat. Great numbers!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Step-ups I kept at 95. Will go to 100 next time.

Goodness gracious! What size step are you using!?

FSPP gets less awkward the more you do it. I've actually started to prefer the front squat over the back squat. Great numbers!

I'm using a 12" step my hubby made me. My legs are ridiculous, thanks to years of pointe when I was younger. LOL Maybe I should request an addition to the step?
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Question! I had slacked off on lifting and haven't done anything for about 2 months. I was just starting Stage 3 so should I start back up there or start over?
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Question! I had slacked off on lifting and haven't done anything for about 2 months. I was just starting Stage 3 so should I start back up there or start over?

I would. Maybe don't do it for the full 8 weeks, but I would do at least half that. 4 times of each exercise. Just to remind your body of the basics and get back into shape.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I miss talking about the intricacies about the program like I did for NROL4W. I find that without people taklinNROL4ABS I am less motivated to get there and do it. In fact I'm not motivated to do much of anything.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Pack snacks in your pockets or handbag before the game and have a nice high protein day before going. It's how I get through movies. My calories are low again. It's been two weeks of very low calories and even less actual activity. No wonder I lost strength. I know it will come back, but after working so hard all year it's disappointing. Hopefully Sue, Jess, and Mary wil l join me on the journey back to strength :)

I'm in! I went over to the gym on Saturday, leaving my cell phone sitting on the stove. After waiting for the trainer for 20 minutes after a 10 minute warmup, I had them call. He'd sent me a text, vehicle issue. So I did some cardio and came home. I know, I should have done something, I was there after all! Today I used the elliptical. Tomorrow gym @ 5 AM!!!

I can't get chest to the floor with pushups either. I quiver at 2/3 of the way down! It's one of my personal goals. I've never been able to do a pushup completely. I only did them on my knees for the longest time, so this is progress for me already!

Off for a motorcycle ride - 65 degrees here!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Push-up challenge for me too! I can do one or two and then my form suffers. I still just do them from the floor, but they ain't pretty!

This week has been weird. Since we've relocated I've got to join a different gym. Fortunately there is women's only with lots of free weights just 10 mins from the house. Hoping to go join tomorrow.

I've lost about 2 lbs this week! I guess a rest week, a little stress, lower cals, and some unplanned IF was what I needed to get over the plateau I had hit. I think I will just keep the lower cals for a bit to give myself some wiggle room for the holidays. I've been skipping breakfast and eating between the hours of 11-7 and my body seems to like it. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going.

This is a new week, ladies. Make it a good one!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Push up challenge, cool. I can do 13 flat on the floor. My goal is to get to 20. Sometimes I miss lifting really heavy I know it comes back in phase 2 I just have to get there.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm about to review this thread to KICK-START the "7 WEEK CHALLENGE" to see who is in, what their personal "challenge" will be, and then I'll post!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    7 WEEK CHALLENGE:

This is a "design-your-own" challenge - what "strength skill" are you trying to improve in the next 7 weeks?? Perhaps it's push-up progress, maybe it's plank progress, what about unassisted chin-ups or unassisted pull-ups?

In 7 weeks, we will be ringing in 2013, so let's do this RIGHT!

Remember, the "work" you do, on this challenge, is in addition to your regularly-scheduled NROL4W. Then again, if you've found that you've been lacking motivation to get to the gym, why not choose "regular gym attendance" as your challenge??

We start TODAY!

If you haven't registered, you have until Sunday, November 18, 2012 to register.

So far, I believe these are the registered participants:

Jessica1274 - push-up progress
    Beeps2011 - push-up progress
    jennie04 - unassisted pull-up progress
    emgel9 - undeclared (she'll declare on Wednesday)
    manic4titans - regular gym attendance
    samntha - push-up progress
    suelegal - undeclared
    chubbycowgirl - push-up progress

By Sunday of each week, please post whether the "point" for that week went to ME or whether it went to NEW ("not enough work"). Because it is a 7-week challenge, the MAXIMUM number of points "Me" can get is 7. I'll do running total and, hopefully, at the end of 7 weeks, ME will have outpaced NEW on AT LEAST a 2-to-1 basis.

If you've done your work, for the week, your points will look like this on November 18, 2012:

Me: 1
    NEW:0

I hope that's clear enough. I'll try and post running totals on Tuesdays (to give folks Sunday/Monday to post their results).
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ok Count me in - but trying to decide on a challenge. Hum... Ok can I put it to a vote and you decide?

Push ups I can now do 3 sets of 15 with my feet on a bench but not so great with the T push ups
    Plank I have made it to 3 x 60s on the floor - not even attempted doing on a swiss ball or anything like that
    Pull ups I can only do assisted ones
    Not shout at my kids so much would really be the biggest challenge of all!

x
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    livlovra - I'd go for the plank progression, myself....I'm doing NROL4Abs and the plank progressions they have in there are INSANE!

If you're doing planks from the floor, see how you do with a push-up position (arms extended) and your feet on a weight bench. If you can build up to 3 x 60 doing that, there's even FURTHER progressions! (i.e. one leg up; one arm extended OFF the floor, etc.)

I'm totally jealous of your push-ups. I managed 4 sets of 3, today. 3. Embarrassing. But, I did the work for the 7 WEEK CHALLENGE!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hm.... I want to do this,but don't know what to focus on. I started Stage 3 today and it's so...different. I can do my planks, but I don't like them, so I really don't want to make that a goal. I'm cool with pushups too, although like a PP mentioned, I haven't done many T pushups. I did them once and felt very self conscious, so I've been doing them with my feet on a step. Honestly, I'd love to up my deadlift! I finally reached 95 lbs at the end of Stage 2. But I'm not sure how/when to work deadlifts into my current routine. I'm doing Stage 3 M/W/F and somehow also need to start 1/2 marathon training. My other thought is to make a mileage goal (which will force me to start running me)....but that's not lifting-related.

So figure out a way to work in deadlifts or set a running goal???? help.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am new :) I have the book and am about to start next week - so would love to be in
    Can I declare on the weekend?
    Cheers
    D
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Hm.... I want to do this,but don't know what to focus on. I started Stage 3 today and it's so...different. I can do my planks, but I don't like them, so I really don't want to make that a goal. I'm cool with pushups too, although like a PP mentioned, I haven't done many T pushups. I did them once and felt very self conscious, so I've been doing them with my feet on a step. Honestly, I'd love to up my deadlift! I finally reached 95 lbs at the end of Stage 2. But I'm not sure how/when to work deadlifts into my current routine. I'm doing Stage 3 M/W/F and somehow also need to start 1/2 marathon training. My other thought is to make a mileage goal (which will force me to start running me)....but that's not lifting-related.

So figure out a way to work in deadlifts or set a running goal???? help.

Well, I am NO expert, but based on the book...I don't think you should do both at the same time. I'm not even sure you should be doing NR if you're going to be training for distance running. According to the book, distance running counterbalances your lifting. You can't train for endurance as well as strength because you're asking two different things from your body. I would choose one or the other. Strength or endurance. Neither is wrong, just not good at the same time.

My sister used to run in high school, and they had them lifting also twice a week. She wrecked her knees, and her doctor said the reason was trying to do both. Asking two different things from her body.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    7 WEEK CHALLENGE:

This is a "design-your-own" challenge - what "strength skill" are you trying to improve in the next 7 weeks?? Perhaps it's push-up progress, maybe it's plank progress, what about unassisted chin-ups or unassisted pull-ups?

In 7 weeks, we will be ringing in 2013, so let's do this RIGHT!

Remember, the "work" you do, on this challenge, is in addition to your regularly-scheduled NROL4W. Then again, if you've found that you've been lacking motivation to get to the gym, why not choose "regular gym attendance" as your challenge??

We start TODAY!

If you haven't registered, you have until Sunday, November 18, 2012 to register.

So far, I believe these are the registered participants:

Jessica1274 - push-up progress
    Beeps2011 - push-up progress
    jennie04 - unassisted pull-up progress
    emgel9 - undeclared (she'll declare on Wednesday)
    manic4titans - regular gym attendance
    samntha - push-up progress
    suelegal - undeclared
    chubbycowgirl - push-up progress

By Sunday of each week, please post whether the "point" for that week went to ME or whether it went to NEW ("not enough work"). Because it is a 7-week challenge, the MAXIMUM number of points "Me" can get is 7. I'll do running total and, hopefully, at the end of 7 weeks, ME will have outpaced NEW on AT LEAST a 2-to-1 basis.

If you've done your work, for the week, your points will look like this on November 18, 2012:

Me: 1
    NEW:0

I hope that's clear enough. I'll try and post running totals on Tuesdays (to give folks Sunday/Monday to post their results).

I definitely want in on this, and I choose push-ups!!! I want to increase the number I can do in a row without stopping. Right now, I'm at 20 on a good day, so long as I haven't exhausted my arm beforehand. LOL. But really, I'm at 15 on average. I'm in!!!
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I FINISHED STAGE 1!!! FINALLY!!!!! Here are my results:

Weight: lost 3lbs (this really is because I started carb cycling towards the end)
    1" gone off my hips
    1" gone off my waist
    1" gone off my thigh

Squats: 45lb oly bar ---- 80lbs on the oly bar
    Seated Row: 40lbs
    55 lbs
    Push ups: all modified --- 15 regular push ups with pretty good form
    Step ups: 10lbs on a small step ---- 15lbs on a BIG step
    Prone jacknives: could always do these
    Deadlift: 45lb oly bar ---- 80lbs on the oly bar
    Shoulder press: 15lb dumbbells --- 20lb dumbbells
    Lat pull down: 40lbs --- 55lbs
    Lunges: 10lb dumbbells --- 40lb bar
    Swiss ball crunch: without weights --- +15lb dumbbell

excited to start Stage 2!!
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi all!

Started stage 3, totally not loving that one arm squat—awkward. But I'm sure it gets better.

For the challenge: I'm totally scared to commit to this, but I really want to do a wall climb. I saw a guy doing it at the gym, so I tried it, but couldn't get flush with the wall at the top. Here's a quick video of what it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCptZVnWvFE

But this challenge should be scary right?? right!? Count me in. Does it matter it's not part of NROL4W?

Just getting out of my TOM, now getting sick, ugh. Leaving for Florida next week to spend Thanksgiving with the in-laws. Hopefully I'm not sick by then. I just don't think I can deal with them and illness at the same time—I might die.

Have a great day ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    7-WEEK CHALLENGE UPDATE:

Date: Nov. 13, 2012
    Handle of Participant Exercise Point(s) to Me Point(s) to NEW
    Jessica 1274 Push-up progress
    Beeps2011 Push-up progress
    Jennie04 Unassisted pull-up progress
    Emgel9 UNDECLARED
    Manic4titans Regular gym attendance
    Samntha Push-up progress
    Suelegal UNDECLARED
    Chubbycowgirl Push-up progress
    Kmsairam UNDECLARED
    Agent99oz UNDECLARED
    AprilRenewed Push-up progress
    Mermegan Wall climb progress

(i'll need to figure out how to post "tables" to make this work.)
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in the challenge! I completed NROL4W on Saturday and will begin NROLabs tonight. I think I will pick plank progression for my challenge.