December Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

December 2012:

Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    December 1st, 2012.

Me: 1

The Binge: 0

Over calories/sugar: 1 (12/1)

Just decided I will keep the overeating one up, it will help me personally.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 0
    The Binge - 0

Logging days - 0
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Suzanne--0
    Binge---0
    Over Calories--0

Ready for a new month!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    December 1, 2012

Rachael - 0
    The Binge - 0
    Overcalories - 0

First time doing this. Recently joined this group since in recent months binge eating has become a problem for me again. So far I am winning for today.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mo--0
    Binge--0

Binge, it's even now but not for long! This month I hope to keep Binge away AND hit my goal weight for the first time in more years than some of my fellow Binge Slayers have been alive! :)
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!
  • amelialang2
    Options
    Definitely in!!!

Me: 0
    Overcalories: 0 (although after going out tonight this will definitely be over due to alcohol! But I'm determined not to binge!)
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is my first time :)

Me:0
    Binge:0
    Overcalorie: 0
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Yippee!
    12-1-12
    Binge: 0

My mind has been made up. I'm ready for this.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Question -- why is everyone logging zeros? To edit it later or what? I'm confused sorry lol.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Mo--0
    Binge--0

Binge, it's even now but not for long! This month I hope to keep Binge away AND hit my goal weight for the first time in more years than some of my fellow Binge Slayers have been alive! :)

Love it.

(And you've given me a new motivational super-hero name: Beatrixia the Binge Slayer. :happy:)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Question -- why is everyone logging zeros? To edit it later or what? I'm confused sorry lol.

That could be a way to start the new month with a clean slate and bookmark the December thread for easy access. (I'm just guessing.) :smile:

I'll try it!

beatrixia: 0

It does feel good to type that big fat zero after The Binge, lol.

ETA the quote!
  • HealthierAndFitterMe
    Options
    As of 11.30.2012.

Me-1
    Binge-0

*Come on Ladies, we CAN do this! (:
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    December 1st, 2012.

The Binge: 1

OK -- today was bumpy. At first I went over calories but I still thought I would end up in the 2,000 calorie range and be fine. It ended up being 3,000-4,000 and I can't really classify that as JUST overeating.... so the binge won today.
    Tomorrow I am limiting my added sugars - it really helps me stop these cravings. I WILL DO better. I know I say that a lot!!! But I have to stay in line this month - that binge is going down.

Sidenote-- why can't I edit my posts anymore? I have to quote everything. lol.
  • totalhealth12
    Options
    December 1st, 2012.

The Binge: 1

OK -- today was bumpy. At first I went over calories but I still thought I would end up in the 2,000 calorie range and be fine. It ended up being 3,000-4,000 and I can't really classify that as JUST overeating.... so the binge won today.
    Tomorrow I am limiting my added sugars - it really helps me stop these cravings. I WILL DO better. I know I say that a lot!!! But I have to stay in line this month - that binge is going down.

Sidenote-- why can't I edit my posts anymore? I have to quote everything. lol.

Don't beat yourself up. It's good that you have identified what your triggers are for your cravings. We are here for you because we all have this problem and completely understand. It's only 1 day. Things will get better.:flowerforyou:
  • totalhealth12
    Options
    December 1

I am hungry as I type this, but I won today and am glad that monster is caged up.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Here is my results for my first day...:happy:

Suzanne: 1

One good positive thing today was that I tried a new workout..my first ever hot yoga session. I feel this has been my hardest workout since my first actual real workout upon my journey. I felt proud and felt that I had confidence after the workout that despite the struggles, I can get to where I want to be. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    December 1, 2012

Rachael - 1
    The Binge - 0
    Overcalories - 0

Just closed out the first day of the challenge and I win for today. Tomorrow will be the real challenge since I am in charge of the dessert table at a Christmas festival at my church and have a family dinner to attend afterwards. I am confident that I can overcome the challenge with a little planning and restraint.