Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    Well, April, at least you know your thigh-development is muscular. That, I'd say, is AWESOME!

gadenni - very cool that you have managed to increase your weights (nearly) EVERY SINGLE TIME!. Fabulous!

Ummmmmmmmmm, you *loved* the Body Weight Matrix, April????? Is your head on straight????? omg - just thinking about it makes my legs hurt, lol. I expect you'll LOVE Stage 3 - sounds like your body has adjusted really well.

No work-out for me, today. Parent-teacher interviews tonight. Tomorrow, I weigh/measure/take photos. I'm ready to have THAT behind me (for another month...).
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oh, I meant I love Stage 3! Not necessarily the BWM, though I like the competitiveness of it. I can't believe my second time was better, although, if I'm honest with myself, I think my lunge jumps were pretty pathetic. LOL

I'm not sure if I will workout today either. I'm thinking, if I'm not too tired after work, of doing one of Jillian Michael's workouts. I haven't done those in awhile and need a change in my cardio.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Megan - glad you are getting back to it

emgel - Awesome NSV!!!

gadenni - great progress on Stage 1!!!

April - fantastic work on the BWM!!

I have had a sick kiddo all week and I'm exhausted and have no motivation. I finally got the courage to get on the scale today and gained a couple pounds over Thanksgiving, but honestly it's probably a combination of a lot of things and lack of motivation is probably at the top. I've really gotta start digging deep and getting back in the game!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have tried to post twice and MFP keeps eating my post! I must be hitting some weird key. I had written some funny stuff, but will just say a huge congrats to Gretchen, welcome to Stage 3 to April, congrats to emgel and on the muscle tone, and don't sweat the weight gain to Jennie and Beeps.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Just a quick checkin. I did #3 Stage 2B yesterday, and despite my split leg issues, all other weights went up, and I increased the risers on my step ups. I was pleased with my underhand pull downs - up to 60 on those and I will increase the next time as well. Oh and I do love those wide grip deadlifts! Back up to 70 on those now. Oh and I've been really pushing my shoulder/back posture exercises. I am getting so much better at being aware of my poor posture.

I am out for most of the day, my friend's father passed, she asked me to please come to the funeral etc. I have no idea how long I will be. Rock the day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I ate popcorn last night and, therefore, skipped my month-end photos/measurements....for today.

Ugh.

Which means, FOR SURE, I have to get them in tomorrow. NO CARBS. LOW CALS. I want my "best foot forward!

I'll go lift, today, and have to weigh-in today, because the only scale I have access to is at the gym, and I won't be at the gym tomorrow. Yikes!

Damn popcorn....
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Girl, you're too hard on yourself! Popcorn may be a lot of carbs, but it's protein and a lot of other good stuff. Not to mention yummy! Have fun lifting! I actually did NOT workout yesterday. My hamstrings are still pretty darn sore, but I'm doing 3/B today anyway!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....it's likely the butter and salt that really did me in....

my tummy HAS "poof" today. Me no likey for photos!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    frig. Only dropped 0.2 lbs since my Wed weigh-in.

It's official.

I am NOT in the 140's for end-of-month reporting.

:(
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sue I am sorry to hear about the death of your friend's father. Hugs and thoughts coming yours and her way.

Beeps I am sorry you are not down like you wanted...damn that scale!

April I hope your hammies are feeling better soon.

I think I am off for a couple of days. My husband is leaving for deer hunting so he will be gone for 5 days. I will most likely not get my run in this weekend. I am anxious to start stage 2 though so perhaps Monday and if not then maybe Wed. we'll see. Thank goodness for the Y so I can lift when he is gone. I just doubt I will run since I prefer to go outside on the trails by our house for that.
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Girl, you're too hard on yourself! Popcorn may be a lot of carbs, but it's protein and a lot of other good stuff. Not to mention yummy! Have fun lifting! I actually did NOT workout yesterday. My hamstrings are still pretty darn sore, but I'm doing 3/B today anyway!

Oh yes feel the hamstring burn - wht a killer. I Still cant bend over/squat/pick things up etc etc like a normal person!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options

Oh yes feel the hamstring burn - wht a killer. I Still cant bend over/squat/pick things up etc etc like a normal person!

Haha! I did B today.Man...YTWL is so tough! Especially doing it on the stability ball. I have a bench, the metal part of the whole apparatus gets in the way. Having to do it on the stability ball - after doing back extensions on the ball - really hurts your lower back. I only did 5 lbs, but that's ok.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :wink:

I think I am getting back on track. Hubs is still having medical issues but manageable. my oldest has finally recovered.

I've been to the gym 4 times this week (???) I've lost track. Anyway, I am super sore in the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Who would have thunk NRofAbs would work those areas.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :wink:

I think I am getting back on track. Hubs is still having medical issues but manageable. my oldest has finally recovered.

I've been to the gym 4 times this week (???) I've lost track. Anyway, I am super sore in the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Who would have thunk NRofAbs would work those areas.

:D YEA!!! I knew you could do it Mary! You just have to make time for yourself, otherwise you're no good for anyone else! So proud of you, girl!

whoop whoop, I did an incredible 2A workout today. Upped all my weight, AND did 3 reps instead of 2, including 3 60sec planks!!! I pushed 45 for the first time in my entire life! I added another riser and upped the weights on my step ups and static lunge!

Ok, I am a mass of jelly, I feel ever muscle I swear, but I feel GREAT!!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Thanks SueBoo! And that's awesome for upping the weights. I lost a great deal of strength. Deadlifting 85 pounds just about ripped my fingers off when I was up to 120. OH well. I'm back and that's what matters.

I hear ya, Sue. I am and always been a mass of jelly. I am really focusing on cardio with NRof Abs unlike I did with NROL4W.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    When January rolls around, I'm going to restart NROLFA from the beginning. Right now I'm going to do some weird squat challenge for December. I am working on my push ups and doing planks and my physical therapy exercises. It's not much, but it's something while I'm holding it all together.

I am toying with the idea of running. For years now I have had in my head that I can't , because of my back. I didn't think I could ride anymore either, but I discovered that I can. It has been a year of doing things I thought I could not. So... I may go on the hunt for a pair of running shoes.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Maniac I'm about to start phase 2. where are you at? I haven't had ANY DOMS all of phase 1. I want my heavy weights back.

Put me down for three NEWs. It's been hectic the last two week. Hopefully things will get back to normal, whatever that is. Trying to get to the gym three times this week starting tomorrow.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Sam, the plan is to do 8 workouts of phase 1 and I have completed 4 of them.

The single deadlift and Romanian deadlifts does not give you DOMS? That's the culprit for my hamstrings.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Those single leg RDLs really got my hams!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Maniac I'm about to start phase 2. where are you at? I haven't had ANY DOMS all of phase 1. I want my heavy weights back.

Put me down for three NEWs. It's been hectic the last two week. Hopefully things will get back to normal, whatever that is. Trying to get to the gym three times this week starting tomorrow.

I didn't have any DOMS with stage 1 either. It was really weird. No matter how much I upped the weights...but with 2 and especially 3! My goodness!!

NEW for me this week. I was too sore from stage 3 to even think about working on my pushups. I'll try to do so this week, though.

And maniac, yup - the RDLs are nuts! Love it!