Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 3
    The Binge - 2
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Ok so I didn't make it through the afternoon without eating chocolate. And you know how that went....

I really felt like I tried hard to not cave today. In the past I have felt like I gave in too easily so I've really been making an attempt to do everything I can to stop it. I reached out for help, read my goals, stayed on mfp more than usual, read a lot of good stuff and still couldn't beat it. (I guess I could've journaled but I don't journal, although I probably should.) So for a minute I thought, gosh I gave it my all and still failed! I'm a failure! BUT...another one of my goals this month is no negative self talk and punishment if I slip. So now I'm trying to forgive myself and put it in the past but more importantly, learn from it. I'm not sure where I went wrong actually but I guess I learned a few things. Or at least observed a few things. This morning I felt awesome - confident and light. This evening I feel heavy, huge and depressed. And regretful, disappointed, all these things...so not worth it now but at the time I either don't think about it or convince myself that I don't care. I can tell again too since I haven't been eating much sugar lately, after ingesting it I felt totally high and numb. It's not all about the taste - it really does numb me out and change me. At first I feel better but afterward when the reality and regret sets in, I am a different person - one that I don't like or want to be. Cranky, mean, short with others...not good. It was very noticeable to me today. UGH. So, what will it take for me to remember this??? I seem to forget after I feel better and then the cycle continues....

So as of today:
    Me - 4
    Binge - 1

Didn't finish logging today. I know I should log everything before I eat it...but when I'm in "binge mode" I can't log, my thoughts are consumed, obsessing about what I'm going to eat even though I know I shouldn't and all this crazy stuff. It's like I can't think of anything else. Yuck.

Thank you all for your support today, I really appreciate it. Tomorrow will be a good day. I don't want this to continue into tomorrow. I realize AGAIN that I don't want live like this. It sucks!

You are NOT a failure!!! Day by day. You can do this!

Agreed! You're doing so well. Learning from the binges, finding triggers. I love how you were talking that way and then remembered your goals. Self awareness .
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Me: 3

The Binge: 3

December 6th, 2012

I made a "healthy " version of a certain food (not going to mention food names to avoid triggering others) and ate like 6 pieces of it. That was almost all of the pan (with 3 servings left)
    The binge started ridiculing me and telling me I should just eat the rest and then mark today as a "binge day", and my thoughts started going to how I could just binge on 3,000 calories today and that wouldn't make much difference to this month... etc....
    I said NO. Put the pan away and stopped. I can have the food any day, any meal I'm hungry. I don't need to eat everything in site all at once. Also, I did kind of eat too much of what I made... but it was 600 ish calories total and I'm just going to count that as lunch. It isn't ruining my day, and I was hungry.

Tomorrow I shall win again and then be ahead of the binge! =)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Me: 3

The Binge: 3

December 6th, 2012

I made a "healthy " version of a certain food (not going to mention food names to avoid triggering others) and ate like 6 pieces of it. That was almost all of the pan (with 3 servings left)
    The binge started ridiculing me and telling me I should just eat the rest and then mark today as a "binge day", and my thoughts started going to how I could just binge on 3,000 calories today and that wouldn't make much difference to this month... etc....
    I said NO. Put the pan away and stopped. I can have the food any day, any meal I'm hungry. I don't need to eat everything in site all at once. Also, I did kind of eat too much of what I made... but it was 600 ish calories total and I'm just going to count that as lunch. It isn't ruining my day, and I was hungry.

Tomorrow I shall win again and then be ahead of the binge! =)

That is the BEST attitude. I am phenomenal and throwing a whole day away from a single slip up..I can never turn it around the same day! AWesome job recognizing how you feel and how much better you will feel with your decisions : ) Proud!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Elizabeth 5
    Binge 0

I think I have been binge free for 7 days in a row. I have been eating pretty clean able to let a lot of negative talk go and appreciate myself more and less what I THINK I should look like. Really trying to stop comparing myself to everyone. The fact is not matter what I will never look like the women I compare myself too even when I do lose the weight. I need to love myself for ME and be the healthiest version of myself.

Yep! I think the mind plays a big role in binge eating. It's mind over matter. A negative mindset leads to us beating ourselves up in shame/guilt - but a positive mindset leads to us telling ourselves that we deserve better and we are worth it.
    You're doing fabulous!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wanna play!

December 2012

Colleen- 3
    The Binge- 2

I have planned my dinner and pre-logged for today, so I am optimistic about giving myself another point tonight! *fingers crossed*
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Me; 6
    Binge: 0

Today I've fought some food demons but I've done good.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Here is my results so far as of 12/6:

Suzanne--5
    Binge-1

I feel better from last nights binge. I had one treat today and kept it at that, and STILL have 800 calories after dinner to spend. So I'm proud of winning myself another point and staying in control. All we can do is take it day by day. I liked how I saw somewhere a person would say.."I will not binge today." As in taking it by the day and I like that. :happy:
  • MyrkurCloud
    Options
    Me: 1
    The Binge: 2

Today wasn't so bad... But, I went over my daily calorie consumption again.
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 6
    Binge 0

I am calling today over--dishes washed and kitchen closed. I have felt binge-like all afternoon. Just going outside for a couple minutes seemed to really help. I almost gave in a couple of times and made a very conscious decision that I really did not want to binge. I am proud of myself for getting through today. Another ME day.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    December 6

Lisa: 5
    Binge: 1
    Over Calories: 1

Success day.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 3
    The Binge - 2 (1st, 2nd)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I wanna play!

December 2012

Colleen- 3
    The Binge- 2

I have planned my dinner and pre-logged for today, so I am optimistic about giving myself another point tonight! *fingers crossed*
    Welcome Colleen!! We play fair!!:wink:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-6-12
    Me: 6
    Binge: 0

Again, a lot of PB today but went without it for two days! No binge..maybe going to try and plan for portioned nut butter every three days so I keep in control, but still enjoy it. The individual packages are PERFECT for me! I hope one day I can buy a jar and not eat it in one sitting, but, for now, this is good enough.

And it's true..the more days I go without bingeing, the easier it is to keep it up. Tomorrow is 'Fat Friday' at work where everyone brings in treats. I've packed my lunch and am avoiding all of it! Just sayin no :smile:
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    December 6, 2012

Rachael - 6
    The Binge - 0
    Overcalories - 0

Today had a few low points, but was easier to manage than yesterday. One highlight is that I saw a small loss on the scale this morning. I am sure I would have binged this month by now at least once if I wasn't doing this challenge. Planning to keep this up as the weekend comes. So many are doing well so far BTW. :smile:
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me - 4
    Binge - 2
    Didn't log 12/5

So the disaster continued into today, as I knew it would because of that damn lunch and learn which is catered. Next time I'm just not going. Those days ALWAYS end badly.

Slept like crap last night because of what I ate yesterday. Actually I was wired from the sugar I guess and stayed up later than usual. Of course I woke up exhausted. It sucked. I was tired and I walked into a door in the dark and split my lip open. WTF. All this because of my chocolate addiction.

I feel like **** about myself and I'm only checking in tonight because I am committed to this. I didn't read the recent posts, I will come back and read them tomorrow. I'm on the pity pot and just want to hide.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 5
    The Binge - 1

Logging days - 6 / 31
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Me - 4
    Binge - 2
    Didn't log 12/5

So the disaster continued into today, as I knew it would because of that damn lunch and learn which is catered. Next time I'm just not going. Those days ALWAYS end badly.

Slept like crap last night because of what I ate yesterday. Actually I was wired from the sugar I guess and stayed up later than usual. Of course I woke up exhausted. It sucked. I was tired and I walked into a door in the dark and split my lip open. WTF. All this because of my chocolate addiction.

I feel like **** about myself and I'm only checking in tonight because I am committed to this. I didn't read the recent posts, I will come back and read them tomorrow. I'm on the pity pot and just want to hide.

I'm sorry! The binge makes us feel terrible. :(
    ♥Hang in there !
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Elizabeth 6
    Binge 0

I am calling today over--dishes washed and kitchen closed. I have felt binge-like all afternoon. Just going outside for a couple minutes seemed to really help. I almost gave in a couple of times and made a very conscious decision that I really did not want to binge. I am proud of myself for getting through today. Another ME day.

:D So awesome. You're doing freaking amazing. Everyone here is! Inspirational.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    R, Dec 6

beatrixia: 6
    The Binge: 0