December Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    ***** ATTENTION *****
    This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on the binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy last year we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not mean to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
    Mollie
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @Greeky, you are doing great to meet your commitment to check in and to think about alternatives when you feel binge-y (regardless if you do binge or not). Part of the healing process for me is learning how to recover--how to get back to mindful eating and catching those thoughts that are obstacles and countering them with more balanced, positive, and encouraging thoughts. So, don't give up trying to see what's behind the binge, those emotions and thoughts that push toward binge, or trying to find alternatives to sooth yourself, or to think of a way to slow down a binge once it's started. For me, that kind of thing takes practice, practice, practice, with missteps along the way. (That's probably true for almost everyone, I would think.) And I know it is much easier said than done. But you can so it; you are doing it! ♡
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    A big pat on the back to all of you beating the Binge. Good job!

And to anyone who is feeling down, please be kind to yourself. Annndd, you still have lots of chances to practice telling the Binge to go sit on an egg! ♡ (Tomorrow is a new day!)
  • motylekcytrynka
    motylekcytrynka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    6/12

Natalie: 3
    Binge: 3

Grrr.
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    December 6 2012

Colleen- 4
    The Binge- 2

In spite of a very stressful evening, I was successful. I had class until 7pm after work, and then my dang car wouldn't start AGAIN!! My fiance picked me up and I just told myself to keep my cool. We jumped it and got it set up. I just made myself some herbal tea and went to bed. Sometimes exhaustion is to my benefit! Another weird thing about my binges is that I will stress and have anxiety over WHAT I want to binge on. It's a relief to tell myself to just go to bed.

My fiance is gone this weekend and has a triggering food in the house that I may need to throw away when I get home. :(
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    December 6 2012

Colleen- 4
    The Binge- 2

In spite of a very stressful evening, I was successful. I had class until 7pm after work, and then my dang car wouldn't start AGAIN!! My fiance picked me up and I just told myself to keep my cool. We jumped it and got it set up. I just made myself some herbal tea and went to bed. Sometimes exhaustion is to my benefit! Another weird thing about my binges is that I will stress and have anxiety over WHAT I want to binge on. It's a relief to tell myself to just go to bed.

My fiance is gone this weekend and has a triggering food in the house that I may need to throw away when I get home. :(

Yeah, throw away the trigger food!! There have been times in the past when I wanted to binge, but I had no trigger food. So I would end up eating maybe 100 calories and then just go to bed. Or get a cup of herb tea! You're strongest when the triggers are out... or atleast in a high cabinet/in the freezer.

You're doing so well!! :flowerforyou:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    There was times depending the time of day, where a cup of coffee or tea helps me too...one of my favorite kinds of teas is Vanilla Chai and Orange Spice. I also like Raspberry tea. Yummy. :happy:
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    December 7th, 2012...
    Me: 4

The Binge: 3 (12/1, 12/2, 12/3)

I was tempted to eat a lot last night. I think it was triggered by hunger, maybe my deficits are too large sometimes. I don't always have to aim for a 2lb loss - sometimes a 500 calorie deficit is best. Or lower, slow weight loss is better than weight gain from binges. I don't know, I'll try to raise my calories it just feels hard because I want my current weight to be a lot different soon!

What has helped me:
    Somewhere on a podcast I heard about our impulses / cravings/ feelings being so fleeting. Like an ocean wave, they come and go, all day long. Think of the binge impulses as a wave... be the ocean, not the wave. ♥
    Just know that it might be a big wave, but it will pass. The ocean will be calm again, you don't have to give into every impulse.
    For me that usually means getting out of the house and away from food for 1-2 hours, walking... listening to music... etc.

tumblr_lzxe8j0jGB1qf1498o1_500.jpg
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 4
    The Binge - 2
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm out of town and being away from home seems to trigger binges for me, but I'm fighting back this time.

Me: 6
    Binge: 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!:flowerforyou:

I will be a busy beaver this weekend and being busy always help me be binge free. Have a wonder weekende everyone and remember to check in often!

One day at a time :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 4
    The Binge - 2 (1st, 2nd)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    ***** ATTENTION *****
    This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on the binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy last year we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not mean to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
    Mollie

Mollie,

Thanks for the request. As I read thru the updates, some of the specific food issues actually had me thinking of foods I usually don't struggle with. I definitely don't need help expanding THAT list, LOL. But, seriously, thank you for looking out for all of us.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Me: 3

The Binge: 4 (12/1, 12/2, 12/3, 12/7)

Someone brought home trigger food(s). I could have said no but I slipped. I feel sick now, and I'm disappointed.
    Being positive when you're on a binge free streak? No problemo.
    Being positive on a day you just pigged out and ate enough calories for at least 3 days? Not so easy.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-7-12
    Me: 6
    Binge: 1

I was really cranky and kind of upset at work. I had meetings that went much longer than they should have and I lost control because wasn't prepared to be at work so late. Tracked most of it. Weekends are usually pretty good for me so I'll be back on track, NOW.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm late with this post because I'm very disappointed in myself; I binged again last night. Who knows what tonight will bring?

Mo--4
    Binge--2 (12/3, 12/6)
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 6
    Binge 1

Blew it tonight. UGH! Oh well, I am not going to let that make me have a bad weekend. The awful thing is I have a Christmas party to go to tomorrow night and now I don't want to go, that was going to be my "free" meal this week. Okay, tomorrow will be a better day. Wanted to get this off my chest so I can move on this evening.
  • berumotto
    Options
    Bev: 4
    Binge: 3

Back in the lead! :drinker:
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    December 7

Lisa: 5
    Binge: 2

Binge day.:sad:
    Back at it tomorrow.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 5
    The Binge - 2 (1st, 2nd)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)