Replies

• towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 5.5
    The Binge - 1.5

Logging days - 7 / 31

Claiming half a binge today. Ate an extra 1/2 of dessert, when I was already full. Normally would have ate entire thing instead of 1/2. Hungry all day, so really fought to hold on.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    December 7, 2012

Rachael - 6
    The Binge - 1 (12/7)
    Overcalories - 1142

Unfortunately, I broke my no binge streak of the month today. Worked a 14 hour day and did not resist overdoing it calorie wise. Tomorrow will be better, I feel so bad about slipping up right now.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    F, Dec 7

beatrixia: 7
    The Binge: 0

Seven days binge free ♡
  • motylekcytrynka
    motylekcytrynka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    7/12

Natalie: 4
    Binge: 3
  • EmilyAFraser1
    EmilyAFraser1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm very new, not just to this group but to MFP. I did the Dukan diet for six weeks, reaching 120lbs (ish, it fluctuated a lot between 117 - 122 lbs) on November 5th. Ever since then I have been trying to build up my diet, adding more calories and a variety of foods to stabalise my weight and adjust to normal food again. This is where my bad habits started to creep back in. I am currently wobbling aroun 123lbs, which is fine and if I can maintain it (at least until after Xmas when I aim to lose a tiny bit more) thats good. Problem is, I have a really good week and then break and binge all weekend, so I spend the week severely restricting calories (bad I know!) only to put it all back over the weekend.

I probably shouldn't be posting all this here, so if it's wrong, or annoying, let me know and I'll move it or something. Anyways for this month;

Binge - 3
    Me - 4

Not good. Also, if anyone knows where i can go to get tips about 'normal eating' that would be great, because I'm struggling to fingure out how to maintain weight and transition back to a normal diet to last a lifetime - I have been on and off diets for so long now I can't figure out how to eat normally; I can only binge or restrict my diet!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    F, Dec 7

beatrixia: 7
    The Binge: 0

Seven days binge free ♡

Awesome job!!!! HAve a great weekend!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 5
    The Binge - 2
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 5
    Binge 2 (12/7 and 12/8)

Yes, I already binged this morning. I am so disgusted with myself. I am writing notes in my food log so not mentioning anything here but....man I am disappointed in myself. I have got to turn this day around!!!!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    12/8

Me - 5
    Binge - 2
    Didn't finish logging on 12/5/12

My apologies for mentioning food - you all seem so strong I didn't think it would bother anyone!

Didn't binge yesterday. Wasn't too hungry but didn't restrict so as to not set myself up again.

I will be binge-free today.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    =/ I'm very disappointed in myself right now.

Me: 3

The Binge: 5
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    =/ I'm very disappointed in myself right now.

Me: 3

The Binge: 5

Don't worry about it. Just take one day at a time. I had a binge afternoon today which makes 2 days in a row. I am determined to make tomorrow better. Baby steps will lead to success. I and everyone on this challenge understand what you are going through. That's why we are here for one another. Hang in there and just do your best. :flowerforyou:
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    December 8

Lisa: 5
    Binge: 2

Second binge day in a row. Having company really is no excuse. Also, I was sooo hungry this afternoon I just had to have the Potato Skins and a little ice cream. I should've had some tea, but what is done is done. Can't cry over spilled milk. Can only do better tomorrow.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    December 8

Lisa: 5

Second binge day in a row. Having company really is no excuse. Also, I was sooo hungry this afternoon I just had to have the Potato Skins and a little ice cream. I should've had some tea, but what is done is done. Can't cry over spilled milk. Can only do better tomorrow.

If you were hungry it's only best to eat something. Tea wouldn't have given you energy (calories). I'm sorry you binged though.
    Make sure that you're not too hungry while dieting, If you havent calculated your TDEE , you should. Just figure it out and cut 200-500 off of it per day.

:flowerforyou: thanks for the support.
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    Diet has not been perfect but I haven't binged at least.
    Me: 8
    Binge: 0
    Yay :) Just hope it stays like that!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 4
    Binge - 4

Got through 10,000 calories yesterday... yes, you heard that right. That is a real binge for sure, I am quite envious of those who consider an extra dessert to be a binge, actually, I have to say.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-8-12
    Me: 6

Buh. Lost me streak. What happened to my mindset? Getting it back tomorrow. Ugh..
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    December 8, 2012

Rachael - 7
    The Binge - 1 (12/7)
    Overcalories - 0

Didn't eat until around 2 PM today (I think going over by over 1100 calories did that and I also woke up late) and decided to let the guilt go and move on today. Managed to stay within calories today. Going to keep it going tomorrow.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 6
    The Binge - 2 (1st, 2nd)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • di4me
    di4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me - 4
    Binge - 4

Got through 10,000 calories yesterday... yes, you heard that right. That is a real binge for sure, I am quite envious of those who consider an extra dessert to be a binge, actually, I have to say.

Hey, I know it may seem hard to see people say that dessert counts as binging but there are 2 things I usually tell myself when I do binge:

1. My only competition is myself so everyday I should aim to do better than I did the day before because no one but me knows where I started
    2. "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Keep your head up :)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

Hey, I know it may seem hard to see people say that dessert counts as binging but there are 2 things I usually tell myself when I do binge:

1. My only competition is myself so everyday I should aim to do better than I did the day before because no one but me knows where I started
    2. "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Keep your head up :)

Loved the quotes, thanks so much!