3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know that I had my baby at 728am this morning. I am in the hospital so I will give you my birth story when I get home :smile: She obviously did not want to be induced on Wed. Just trying to rest and breastfeed.
    Wonderful news! congratulation!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So had an apt today. and it wasn't that great. Got the strep b done. cervix still closed and baby is still high.. Baby girl has been really really calm last few weeks. It had me worried. SO i mentioned it to the doc and she told me we can do weekly NST to monitor baby. I had the 1st one done today. and thankfully baby did really well. But when the doctor measured I was measuring 2 weeks behind. SO I have an U/S scheduled on thursday to get the baby measured. SHe's been measuring by u/s on a lower percentile. not that it's bad. but it just has me a little worried more. considering she's smaller she'd typically have more room to move. but she's not a big mover. and will give me a nudge to let me know she's ok. ahhh the anxiety . ..
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    So had an apt today. and it wasn't that great. Got the strep b done. cervix still closed and baby is still high.. Baby girl has been really really calm last few weeks. It had me worried. SO i mentioned it to the doc and she told me we can do weekly NST to monitor baby. I had the 1st one done today. and thankfully baby did really well. But when the doctor measured I was measuring 2 weeks behind. SO I have an U/S scheduled on thursday to get the baby measured. SHe's been measuring by u/s on a lower percentile. not that it's bad. but it just has me a little worried more. considering she's smaller she'd typically have more room to move. but she's not a big mover. and will give me a nudge to let me know she's ok. ahhh the anxiety . ..

Oh that's stressful!

I just wanted to share with you that I wasn't feeling my guy move much, so the doc ordered an ultrasound a few weeks ago. It turns out he was moving A TON. Little guy was on fire in there, but I wasn't feeling it because of where the placenta was. He was beating on that, and it was (still pretty much is) cushioning the blow. Also, when I told my mom about this, she said she never felt me or my brother move AT ALL. It's freaky, but it happens. Once you know everything is ok, you may even be glad you don't feel her beating you up so much. :-)
  • redheadmommy
    Options
    All babies are different. My son was slightly below average at birth, and he was nt a big mover inside. He was almost lazy, lol. Now he is 4 yrs old, and he always been an easy laid back calm baby, toddler and now a preschooler. It is his personality, just like my husband. Now my baby girl moves an incredible amount compare to my previous pregnancy and she is constantly measures above average size. She has much less space and still moves more. I bet she will not have his brother easy laid back personality.
    Maybe your baby just like my son. He was the best baby ever! He cried little, eat well, slept well, smiled a lot the best any new mom could ask for.
  • mellynat
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! ^^^^
    I never imagined each of my pregnancies to be sooooo different. This 3rd has been almost a complete opposite from other two. And I just felt more worried about this pregnancy from the beginning.
    @jenny my mom had 10!!!!! and she said we were all pretty calm in the womb. She had to sit down in a quiet room & wait for any tiny kick or nudge to know the baby was ok and she'd continue her day.
    @readhead that's what I keep thinking, This baby girl will be one easy baby, if she's this calm in the womb. But the tiny voice in my head won't let me let go of the small fear of something being wrong too.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Happy 12/12/12 to those of you scheduled to deliver today! Still 2 months and 2 days to go for me (due Feb 14, 2013). Can't believe how fast this 3rd pregnancy has gone, will be 31 weeks tomorrow. I have one super active baby, and am proud of myself for sticking with my plan and not finding out the sex. Can't wait to meet my new boy or girl in a few months.

Still out working, but it is getting harder. Planning on starting maternity leave about the 15-20 of January, depending on when the job wraps up. Hard to be 8 hours from home and 1.5 hours from the nearest hospital as that date approaches!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Met with my doctor, he wants to see me in 2 weeks, so it falls on xmas eve. All is good, still expecting a big baby, he is aiming for 9lbs only. Yikes! My other pregnancy, the doctor was figuring about 8lbs and my son was 9lbs 13 oz. So if he was off by 2 pounds, I'm scared that this time if the doctor says it's going to be 9lbs, it might mean 11lbs. Getting scared and really considering the epidural instead of going natural again.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My little boy is due the 22nd. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 17th (my grandfather's birthday--who we are naming baby boy after). And, if he insists on being fashionably late, an induction has been scheduled for the 30th.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My little boy is due the 22nd. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 17th (my grandfather's birthday--who we are naming baby boy after). And, if he insists on being fashionably late, an induction has been scheduled for the 30th.

Hope you don't have to be induced!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Little Man was born 12-12-12 @ 2:02 pm and was 8#2oz/19in long...he is an amazingly calm and content baby! And it didn't take much to get him latched onto my breast, in fact, everyone is shocked he's latched so well as they say it can take a couple days to get a good latch! He's a pro! :) will hopefully be posting our story soon! Thanks to all you amazing ladies who sent thoughts and prayers our way today! (Yesterday technically) :heart: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Little Man was born 12-12-12 @ 2:02 pm and was 8#2oz/19in long...he is an amazingly calm and content baby! And it didn't take much to get him latched onto my breast, in fact, everyone is shocked he's latched so well as they say it can take a couple days to get a good latch! He's a pro! :) will hopefully be posting our story soon! Thanks to all you amazing ladies who sent thoughts and prayers our way today! (Yesterday technically) :heart: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Way to go! Sounds like a success story so far!! I'm soo envious... he looks ADORABLE! :)
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

YESSSSS! I have been waiting anxiously for this post!!!! Congrats!
  • redheadmommy
    Options
    Congratulation! Take care of yourself in the next couple of weeks. after that, want to see you back in business of losing the baby weight :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Sounds similar to my last pregnancy. My daughter didn't move very much at all! She was very quiet in the womb AND she ended up being the PERFECT baby. She slept at night and only woke up for feedings every 3-4hrs during the night. She was not colicky at all! Never had issues with her! Latched on right away as well. Don't worry, I know its normal to worry when you are a mom, but I am sure everything is fine. Oh my daughter was also ALWAYS measuring behind on u/s 2-3wks. I had bi-weekly u/s to measure her growth cause they were worried she wasn't growing like she should. She ended up being 6#13oz at 40wks. :)
  • cocolo89
    Options

Congrats again! I can't wait until I meet my little boy already! Still have about 4.5wks to go, but I am getting anxious! It melts my heart away when I see baby pictures or hear about baby births! So excited my turn is almost here!
  • mellynat
    Options
    Sounds similar to my last pregnancy. My daughter didn't move very much at all! She was very quiet in the womb AND she ended up being the PERFECT baby. She slept at night and only woke up for feedings every 3-4hrs during the night. She was not colicky at all! Never had issues with her! Latched on right away as well. Don't worry, I know its normal to worry when you are a mom, but I am sure everything is fine. Oh my daughter was also ALWAYS measuring behind on u/s 2-3wks. I had bi-weekly u/s to measure her growth cause they were worried she wasn't growing like she should. She ended up being 6#13oz at 40wks. :)

[/quote]

I can't complain about my other 2. lol they were(&still are ) easy kids & weren't too crazy active in the womb. As newborns they were same way you just described ur daughter.. This baby is even calmer. Sooooo maybe she'll be even more perfect then the other two. lol

What totally through me off is at today's ultrasound she is measuring around 6lbs but 35.4 weeks. that makes absolutely NO sense to me!!!! am soooo confused.. i don't know when to expect her no or how big she will be... I was convinced she'd come @dec 31st (going by LMP) but now am starting to think she will probably be born closer to the Jan 7th (the U/S due date)
    all this confusion & guessing is driving me nuts. lol
  • cocolo89
    Options

I can't complain about my other 2. lol they were(&still are ) easy kids & weren't too crazy active in the womb. As newborns they were same way you just described ur daughter.. This baby is even calmer. Sooooo maybe she'll be even more perfect then the other two. lol

What totally through me off is at today's ultrasound she is measuring around 6lbs but 35.4 weeks. that makes absolutely NO sense to me!!!! am soooo confused.. i don't know when to expect her no or how big she will be... I was convinced she'd come @dec 31st (going by LMP) but now am starting to think she will probably be born closer to the Jan 7th (the U/S due date)
    all this confusion & guessing is driving me nuts. lol
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Lol. I know what you mean. I am confused at what to expect on the size of my baby too. My belly measurements are always 1-2wks behind, but my last 2 u/s had him either 1 wk ahead or right at due date. I guess we can keep in mind u/s can be off 1lb or more. SO we will have to wait and see! My u/s with my daughter was right on track. I had an u/s 3 days before I was induced, she was 6#10 on u/s and 6#13 at birth! What size were your other 2?
  • mellynat
    Options
    Lol. I know what you mean. I am confused at what to expect on the size of my baby too. My belly measurements are always 1-2wks behind, but my last 2 u/s had him either 1 wk ahead or right at due date. I guess we can keep in mind u/s can be off 1lb or more. SO we will have to wait and see! My u/s with my daughter was right on track. I had an u/s 3 days before I was induced, she was 6#10 on u/s and 6#13 at birth! What size were your other 2?

My son was born(induced) at 41 weeks & weighed 7.13.
    And my daughter was born at 39 weeks at 7.4
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Congrats love! :)