Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Point to ME, but I don't feel like I am progressing much.

Congrats on the loss, Jennie and K!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I like the 1 pt. stuff, too.....although, I think 90 sec planks are a big ol' waste-of-time! For me, I try to keep 60 secs as my max, but just try a "harder" version of the plank to keep feeling like I'm progressing.

I did 90 sec today but I also picked up each foot throughout the 90. That really helps me! I may change my strategy on this going forward.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    For me, part of the reason I don't like "15 reps" or "90 secs" of exercises is because I am always on a "time-limit". I have 60 mins to get the work-out done. Period.

So, whenever it starts going into "higher reps", I'm prone to keeping the reps low, and just upping the weight. Whenever planks are moving to 75 or 90 secs, I'm prone to keeping the 60 secs, but just "elevating" the planks, or whatever. Believe me, it remains "challenging" and I don't even always get my 60 secs in!

I *know* there are VERY good reasons for doing higher-rep work (sometimes) and for doing longer plank-work (sometimes), but, I don't EVER have the time stretched out in front of me to do longer work-outs, so I have to do what *I* have to do to make it work, for me!

(I'm a sPeShyl sNowflAke, you see.....)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    PS - I'm posting "7-week-challenge" results at lunch, today....so, get your points into me, otherwise, the chart's gonna look wonky (again!).
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    RESULTS OF WEEK 5 OF 7-WEEK CHALLENGE

Slide1-3_zps7fcc3922.jpg
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Looks like the Me's are still winning.

Point ot Me! (I posted earlier, but it was kind of buried in the middle of my post)
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options

(I'm a sPeShyl sNowflAke, you see.....)

Hahaha!

I didn't eat well today. A guy at work bought in these pretzel thingys with a rolo melted in between. So simple and yet so delicious. I couldn't stop eating them. I might have had 7...

Setting my alarm for 530 to get to the gym. I'm going to do a 2-set Stage 4A workout and hopefully get a 30 min run in there too. Very ambitious...we'll see what actually happens.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Woohoo! We're kickin' this challenge!

Kms, treats are everywhere! With your recent loss,I think you'll be fine :) I've been eating horrible for the past month. Just not cooking as much, busy with too many silly things, etc. I have been keeping a 20% cut, but not sure my body is responding as it should with all the crap I've fed it.
    Oh, and about the planks, etc. I like your thoughts on it, Beeps. Totally makes sense.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jennie - sorry I missed your "ME" point - I've put it in and it will be reflected in next week's totals!

YES, THE "ME'S" are KILLING IT!! Thank goodness.....GREAT CHALLENGE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My diet is just awesome right now. I'm on a roll, eating at a deficit, keeping a small eating window, and dropping scale weight! So, I'm TOTALLY stoked and want to stay "on plan" through the remainder of December. Yes, I'll take our Christmas dinner off and I'll take our New Year's dinner off....but, for the rest of it, I *really* want to just stay "on plan".

For whatever reason, I've got laser-beam focus, right now, and I'm gonna milk it for AS LONG AS I CAN!

PS - my glutes HURT today! I guess (finally!) all that squeeze, squeeze, squeezing (during step-ups) is FINALLY GETTING THEM TO FIRE!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Beeps, that's awesome! And to be DROPPING weight around the HOLIDAYS?! That's incredible. You are my hero! How much of a deficit are you in at this point?

No lifting for me yet this week. I lifted 3 times last week (woot!) but tweaked my ankle doing HIIT on the gravel driveway Saturday :blushing: and it still doesn't feel normal. On top of that, I've got the kids' cold. Ugh. Maybe tomorrow and Saturday. I was hoping to finish Stage 5 by Christmas and take a week or so off.

Did you get your workout in, KMS?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't really know how *much* of a deficit I am in....nothing is LINEAR in this god-forsaken exercise, lol!

But, if you look at my average, over 12 or 13 weeks (14 lbs lost), it's worked out to nearly 1 lb of weight lost per week (again, NOT linear - it comes off in bumps and grinds)....which, if broken down further, would be about -500 calories per day.
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be so late on reporting! The point goes to me if you'd like to add it. I decided to move on to the planks with leg lifts and arm lifts and elevated side planks with feet on a Swiss ball. That was very challenging! I fell off many times but kept trying again. Would it be cheating to put the ball against a wall?
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Cowgirl - YES I made it to the gym. Barely. The alarm went off at 5:30 and I almost rolled over thinking I'd go later in the day. Then I remembered I couldn't go later in the day due to appointments. So I dragged myself outta bed. Dragged at the gym. Only did 2 sets. Only ran a mile after. But I went and I burned some calories AND I used 30-lb dumbbells for my step ups and 1-pt rows!!!

Beeps - congrats on the steady loss during the holidays no less. I love when I get into that zone. I wish I could get into that zone. I have lost, but I really want to be eating cleaner like I did when I first started MFP.

I'm OFF for the next two days. Woooo. So I have no excuse to NOT go for a run tomorrow. Gotta do it if I want my point!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    heather - your planks sound AWESOME! I really don't know how you balance on swiss balls - TOUGH. So, yes, while you continue to strengthen your core, I think it's totally fine to lean the ball against a wall! (or maybe start with a bosu ball, instead?)

kmsai - have some enjoyable time off!

I'm around. I'm working. I'm bored.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    I overslept yesterday, hit the "off" instead of the "snooze" and then skipped yoga because I wasn't feeling up to it. I've been in a funk for like 6 months. It's killing me. I feel like I've tried everything. I get going good for about a week or two then I'm right back to no motivation or desire to exercise at all. Right now feeling like I just need to do what I can to get any kind of exercise in, even if it's not lifting. Hopped on the elliptical this morning for almost an hour. For now, that may have to do and I'll just work some weights in on days that I feel like it. UUUgggghhhhh, I hate this feeling!!! Hoping the New Year will inspire me.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Maybe you need "permission" to just take an EXERCISE BREAK! I give you "permission" to take an exercise break....

Just don't do it. For a little while. Pencil in, on your 2013 calendar, WHEN you are going to START exercising, again, and then just FORGET about it for the next little while.

Yes, keep your diet in check (I *know* you can do THAT!).....and then just deal with the promise you have made to yourself to "get back at it" in January.

I give you PERMISSION to take a FULL EXERCISE BREAK! Right now. Do it.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Beeps - LOL! Thanks! The problem is I'm afraid I'll take a permanent break if I take one at all. Although I will be doing lots of skiing and playing over Christmas break, so hopefully that could substitute. Tomorrow is my last day of work until Jan 2! :-D so very excited!!!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Jennie, I took a full month off while we were moving and unpacking in November. One of the best things I did. It was easier to stay under on calories, I lost all the water weight I as holding onto, and most of all, I had a new motivation to get back to lifting/exercising. I think you should try it for a week or two. I was very active on the off time like you're saying, but it wasn't so "structured" and gave me a break from trying to hit new PRs and such.

Got a session in today, so I have two workouts left in Stage 5. I am seriously considering doing another workout tomorrow evening (18 hours between sessions) and the last one on Sunday. I would be able to relax on Christmas knowing I'm between stages.

KMS, glad you got to it. You have more motivation than me to be getting up so early.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Jennie - give yourself a break. Your body seems to be telling you it needs one! It sounds like you are going to have many active rest days to compensate. Maybe throw in some planks, push ups or the dreaded BWM throughout the day to keep you from feeling guilty about the break!