Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    No logging for me either yesterday. Well I logged, but just guessed at how many calories I ate. And it was probably a low estimate.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to weigh this week....and, yes, I'm pounding back the water insanely. Will aim for 15-16 glasses each day!

chubby - I decided NOT to track, yesterday....gave myself permission to eat whatever, whenever, and I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF!

I have a (not nice) distended tummy, today, and will look RIDONKULOUS at the gym, today, but I'm going anyway. I'll get my lifting done over the lunch hour and I'll make sure I'm right back on diet plan for the rest of 2012.

Yesterday was fun, I ain't gonna lie!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Hope it was great!

My husband and are both miserable after all this eating. Getting back on track this week though. I am SO ready.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Home again, home again....

Had a lovely Christmas holiday and long weekend of family. Did a whole lot of walking, not much else, ate somewhat crappy but not so bad except on Christmas day, oy that was really bad! And I head to the gym in the morning to do 3B.

Hope you all had a perfect holiday!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    So, I gave myself a pass on Christmas, too. Wore my Bodymedia all day. I hosted Christmas dinner (I'm the only one who can cook in the family and the only one with a house that can accomodate 30 people!) so even though I'm sure I ate about 5,000 calories ... my BMF said I burned 2,992! I'm happy with that! I made the mistake of stepping on the scale yesterday morning - not doing that again until next week!

Of course, I'm bloated and need to flush myself with water. I was so tired yesterday that I literally just laid around the house all day with the kids. Time to get back to the office and back into my routine!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I think I have a herniated vertebrae . It's been hurting for weeks. When I sneeze it feels like I will pass out from the pain!! It only hurts when I get up and down from a low position or sneezing. Called orthopaedics here in town but they don't see back problems. Referred me to Spine clinic, they won't see me until I have had a scan...... No wonder health care is outrageous. You have to run circles to get anything done.

Gained weight. I hate my body. I am one of those people forever on a diet and always up and down with weight. The only thing I stuck with was this program. Didn't lose weight but I did feel good about completing something .

TOM, ladies.......... :laugh: You know, right. That's when I whine the most.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sue - welcome back!

colleen - yep, right now is a good time to get back at it!

manic - I don't know much about the back/spine. I *do* know that sometimes "bruised ribs" can mask pain as back pain - did you actually "do" anything to cause the injury which is causing you pain??

For me, today is a "rest" day. I lift tomorrow!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    oh yeah, Beeps. I think it was deadlifts and the elevated front leg lunge. I don't think it is ribs or a muscle strain. I feel it in the lower lumbar very center of the spine. It just doesn't feel muscular .
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hah... no gym this morning, the driveway was sheer ice! I doubt I'll get home in time to do a full anything tonight but I'll get a stroll on the elliptical I think, and tomorrow mornign I'll hit the gym.

Mary, I'm with Beeps, what you are describing sounds like a rib injury! When I bruised my ribs, I had those exact same pains and yes a sneeze makes you want to die it hurt so much! I hope it's only the ribs because that should heal quicker (I think) than a vertabrae.

My resolution this year is to hit the gym with renewed effort. I have to get rid of all this jiggle! I"m so sick of it and so angry with myself for being such a slacker for so long! I am determined to really make it move this year!

What's your resolution?
  • manic4titans
    Options
    ribs would make the lower lumbar painful?? It would radiate down that far without any soreness in the rib area? I 've never had a rib injury so I wouldn't know . (hence the plentiful questions)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, now that you've indicated that you think it came from deadlifts/lunges, lower-back makes sense! manic - GOOD form, right?? Otherwise = injury! Can you ice your back? I'd try 10 minutes of ice every hour of the day. It sounds inflamed and yes, if it is bothering you to move from sitting to standing, I think you are right that it is your lower back.

sue - I LOVE YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION! You're gonna KILL it in 2013, I KNOW IT!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Mary, can you get in to your regular doc? He/she should be able to order an MRI, then maybe you can move forward from there. I have lived with a herniated disk for 8 yrs. It can be very painful when not cared for properly. I hope you are able to have it seen about soon. (((Hug)))
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sounds like most of us enjoyed our Christmas! I know I did.
    Sue, I like your New Year's resolution. Mine is to just keep MOVING, finish NROL4W in the next few months, and get my eating under control. Mainly focus on my eating.

Mary, it could be a number of things. I work with a spine surgeon and he will find different things (ribs, hips, knees, etc) going on when people are sure it's their back. For sure get your primary care to order an MRI and take it EASY. Hopefully it isn't your back and you just strained something!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    This month T totally stinks. snacking, cold, tom, back hurts, etc

I will get into a regular dr soon. Thanks yall for the replies/support.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    So, I managed to lose over 2lbs this month despite cookies being delivered to my office almost every day and way too much alcohol!

I'm bummed out, tho - I posted on here asking for recipes. The MFP recipe swap groups do nothing but share desert ideas and I'm looking for main course ideas that I can feed the whole family and meet my macros! If you have any you can share, please do!

I bought straps last night at the gym and the trainer showed me how to use them. I was quite happy!

Manic - get to the doc. You don't want to mess up your back!
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Colleen - have you looked at recipes on skinnytaste.com? I have found lots of good recipes there that my whole family loves. That includes two 14 year old's and two 11 year old's. :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sorry, can't help you, colleen. My nanny does the cooking and even though I "menu plan", it isn't really with "weight control" in mind - I just eat smaller portions to control MY intake! Over on the "not that heavy" group, though, we sometimes recipe share.

heather - 2 sets of twins?? I think I just fainted....

I'll get to the gym to lift, today.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got my lifting done.

But, I snuck a "peek" at the next 5 weeks (i.e. to the end of the program) and I do NOT like what I see! 12 reps the next couple weeks - then 15 reps!! WHY BOTHER????!!!

anyway, I don't have time for such stuff....I'll do the same exercises outlined, but will opt for only 8 reps per set. If nothing else, I should be able to go "up" in weights!

Gack - 12 reps?? 15 reps?? I haven't seen such stuff since Stage 1 NROL4W - I didn't like it THEN - I certainly don't like it NOW!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Would you believe I'm still sick? I swear I haven't been sick like this in YEARS!! Sorry I've been so absent. I don't even know all of the new people who have joined the last two Months. While my actual resolution for 2013 is a financial goal, I can solemnly declare my goal for 2012 as accomplished. Huge thank you to everyone here. Time to get back in the saddle for 2013 so I don't become a statistic of "reaching my goal, falling off the wagon and loosing all my progress" Happy New year everyone.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps, what are you doing again? I know you finished ABS right? I say screw it. You are not new to lifting, go ahead and adjust your weights and reps to your current skill set. It's part of the reason I was so bored with Phase one of ABS. If I do the cycle again, I'll do more weight, less reps and keep the big lifts even in phase one.