Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    sue - I'm missing one of your points...I have you at "5" for "ME" and "1" for "NEW"....do you recall where your 7th point went?? (I counted your 7th week already in the "5" ME total!).

I'll wait a little longer to get some more challengers tallies....only chubbie, sue and myself have advised as to Week 7 results!

I was only NEW for the 1 week, so it has to be for ME!!
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you were sick during the holiday, Beeps!
    I neglected to report my results for the last two weeks. Points go to me for both! I am working on the planks with rows now. Doing the planks with arm/leg lifted helped prepare me for this.
    Hope all of you are getting back to your normal routines today!! Happy New Year everyone!!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    hi ladies!!!

Today is the day for me :bigsmile: I am eating good but didn't get to exercise. I won't lift until I see the doctor about my back.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    got an appt for tomorrow!! There was a cancellation with the Spine clinic.:bigsmile: i should know what's going on early tomorrow.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    7 WEEK CHALLENGE

How did you all do in the last week of this challenge??

Time to report in, final results!
    I suck. What's the next challenge?
  • samntha14
    Options

I. ATE. NOTHING. That's right....I cooked for about 11 hours, total, and ATE NOTHING. My tummy just said, "no". So, if I could step on the scale today, bet I'm down to the weight I'd wanted at end of 2012. Unfortunately, I've got meetings all day, so won't get to the gym, today.

Just as well - there's no way I could lift - my energy is at -4.

How was your new year's???????????? What did you all do??????????????????

I felt the same way on Christmas Eve. We did a potluck dinner for 50. My house was full of the most delicious food, many of my favorites and I ate nothing :( However, the leftover fed my kids for a week :) IT was definitely starve a fever week for me.

We are beyond lame. We don't go out for new years because we don't drink and my husband is no fun at all lol. In fact he passed out on my lap at about 11:45 while I was wrapped in a quilt on the corner of the couch with my kindle. beyond lame.

Beeps I hope you are feeling better and Mary, I hope you get eh results you seek and feel better soon.

I have a reprieve from the gym. So exhausted. I guess I'm not 100% yet, and hubby is working late. Glad and sad at the same time.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Sam - I'm more lame. I was the one sound asleep at 10pm on my couch NYE!

Beeps - hope you feel better! Even though everyone in my house got a flu shot, there's apparently a new strain of "A" going around and it's hit my household. My boys all have it, and I hope to God I'm spared, but TOM is creeping up and I'm always more prone to getting sick then.

Manic - let us know ASAP what the doc says. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

I had my BF% checked at the gym last night. I still have 19lbs I want to lose, and the BF% was exactly 30. Only down 2% since October. Ugh. I'm considering 8 weeks of keto to shred.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Well, just to clarify, our house gets the flu shots (in October) every year....the flu shots NEVER protect against "tummy flus" - they only protect against flu viruses that are respiratory in nature!

I *am* feeling better. Hubby came down with it last night....and, funny that, is still in bed sleeping (I'm at work) - I needled him and said, "GET UP AND DO A BRUNCH FOR 18, PLEASE!!" He said, "I know....sorry!"

Will post (partial) 7-week challenge results. kmsai - I only have you at 4 and 2, so somewhere you missed posting results for one week. Samntha, I just removed you since you only reported in for 3 weeks. (I also removed emgel, manic and April renewed because they didn't report in for the last 3 weeks, frankly.)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    FINAL REPORT - 7-WEEK CHALLENGE:

Slide1_zps2ec4bcf1.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    To the ladies who completed the 7-week-challenge - WE KILLED IT!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

What a great way to end 2012!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It'll be time to start a *new* challenge, soon enough...maybe the 3rd week of january. That way, you can all be FIRMLY back in the gym and back to your nutrition plan.

And, you can be moving along in the NROL series, too!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way back to my routine. Up again this morning, that's two days in a row! :)

Mary - hope all is well with your back and you find out good news tomorrow.

Colleen - at least you're going in the right direction!

We don't get the flu shot because it never seems to help anyway. I dose my kids and myself up on Vitamin D. Research has shown it's proven to help. 5000 IU minimum for me and 2000 IU minimum for the kids. More if we are starting to feel under the weather.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    http://www.louschuler.com/blog/is-supercharged-good-for-advanced-lifters/

Interesting article on the new Supercharged released last month.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Beeps!! you removed me!! I am shocked!

:laugh:

It's ok. I haven't been around much with the holidays and traveling BUT I hope I am back this time to stay for a long time.Day 2 : I'm here. dropped a pound of water weight. eating healthy again.

Dr appt went as expected. Xray looked good. Dr said no signs of degenerative disease. With the symptoms (hyper reflexes, pain in center of lumbar region with coughing or sneezing, moving of legs, etc) he wants to rule out a tumor given my history of throat cancer. MRI is scheduled Tuesday.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I accepted that you quit, manic....lol

;)

anyway, we'll catch you on the next round....you'll have had your MRI by then and likely have some answers to the troubles that have plagued you.

sue!!!!! You got your work-out done. Colour me JEALOUS!

Middle kid is at home barfing, just now. Thank you, Belinda, for bringing your sicko kid to the New Year's Day brunch....ugh. My poor boy!

Anyway, off to get my roots colored after work. And then, tomorrow, will be back to the gym, back to lifting, back to the reality I have set for myself for 2013.
  • samntha14
    Options
    http://www.louschuler.com/blog/is-supercharged-good-for-advanced-lifters/

Interesting article on the new Supercharged released last month.
    too funny I was just reading this on FB
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Beeps... yes! I went at 5AM! And I killed it again! 3 sets, I went up in weight on everything and I've made some changes to the core/flexion exercises again. Back extensions with 35# weights, 35# swiss ball crunches, and 45# doing standing side flexion (if that's what you call it!) AND instead of reverse crunches, I've been doing hanging reverse crunches. (I don't know what that device is called though - where you rest your forearms and press your back into the pad, step off and hang.) I also added pushups back into this, and do them with prone cobras.

I really really like this Stage!

I hope your middle kiddo is feeling better really soon!

Mary and Jennie welcome back!! Just DO IT!! Mary, I hope the MRI shows NOTHING! Sending good wishes your way sweetie.

I'm laughing at y'all calling yourselves lame - I was in bed at 10 on NYE, woke up (I don't know how) at 11:55, texted hubby "Happy New Year" and was asleep again before 12:05!

I NEVER get flu shots. I think it's a good scare tactic that allows the pharma industry to make more billions of dollars. Sorry, I don't like pharma, I think they are all crooks.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sue, you are rockin' Stage 3! Way to go! I have added the hanging reverse crunches into the core work too. I really FEEL them and I like that.
    Mary, glad that your Dr. is being thorough. Hope it feels better fast!
    Beeps, sorry about the puking kid. Hope your entire family feels better soon. I've heard of the Venus index and it sounds very intriguing.
    FINALLY got back to the gym yesterday. Did 4A so only one more workout in Stage 5. Ugh, this stage is taking forever! I haven't made much progress thanks to me taking my sweet time. I've got to get back into a routine of lifting 3 times a week. Still trying to decide what I will do after NROL4W.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    OMG I LEAVE FOR MEXICO ON JANUARY 10TH!

I'm going to get my lifting in today, some cardio tomorrow, 2 x lifting next week and fasting AS MUCH AS I CAN!

WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Day 3 of getting up and exercising! I was really sore today and tried to push it, but wasn't able to get too heavy on the weights for fear of dropping them!

Beeps - wow, that's coming up fast! Hope your son feels better soon. We all went thru that just after Christmas, thankfully it lasted less than 24 hours (for each of us).

cowgirl - way to get back to it!

Sue - great job on stage 3 so far!

Mary - glad the xrays came out good. Praying the same for the MRI!