3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    oh I forgot to add, we have 2 christmas parties we are suppose to attend Monday and Tuesday. We agreed to bring a dish to eat party. UGH, I AM NOT going to the parties anymore, But i still have to prepare the dishes and send them with my husband. I am so not feeling it, but atleast I can stay home and relax since he will be taking our daughter with him. Hurray for some "me"time :))
  • cocolo89
    Options

Well it's HOT here, I woke in the middle of the night last night soooooo damn hot. Put the fan on, and got myself a couple of ice packs from the freezer ... pheweeee. Had to have a nap this afternoon too to escape the heat. I can't believe I have had three pregnancies and everyone has had my third trimester over summer! Anyway, there's apparently a big storm coming on Christams eve, so hopefully that will bring some cooler air, though it is a shame we won't be spending Christmas day on the beach. Merry Christmas everyone! Hope those of you nearing (or over) your due dates have your little ones in your arms soon.

Merry Christmas to you too! Where do you live with it being so hot?? We are freezing out here. Lol. Sucks to have pregnancies during the summer-time! My daughter was a June baby so I experience my last month in dreadful heat! I can't imagine going my full 3rd tri in the summer heat!
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Baby is here!

First off...congratulations to all of you who had your babies in the past few days! I have been kind of MIA, but see that there have been some exciting announcements that I missed!

Here's how Theodore's delivery progressed:

Monday, Dec. 17 - Had a backache all day. Assumed it was nothing. That night, had very light, very irregular contractions. Shrugged them off.

Tuesday, Dec. 18 - Contractions still irregular, but started becoming uncomfortable. At my routine OB appointment, they hooked me up to a monitor to see what was happening. I only had two contractions during that time...doctor said it was probably false labor. When she went to check my cervix, I was only dilated one centimeter...but she found that baby was NOT head-down. They did an ultrasound to find baby transverse, unable to drop down because of a large fibroid (we knew it was there, but it hadn't looked, at past appointments, like it would affect the baby). Had a long talk with the doctor...was told I would need a c-section. They scheduled one for January 2 but said there was a decent chance that I would go into labor before then...and that, if that happened, they would do a c-section when I went into labor.

Wednesday, Dec. 19 - Contractions still painful, but also still super far apart. By mid-morning, they were still about 12 minutes apart. Decided to take a short shower...during the course of the shower, contractions started coming 5 minutes apart. Freaked out....called doctor...they told me to relax but to come to the hospital to be checked out. By the time we got to the hospital, contractions were 3 minutes apart and almost unbearable. Nurse checked my cervix....completely dilated, and all she could feel was my bag of fluid, getting ready to break.

We had arrived at the hospital at 11:15. By 11:45, they were wheeling me down for an emergency c-section. Theodore arrived at 12:26 PM at 18 1/2 inches long and 6 pounds, 15.9 ounces. He was perfect. I, however, was not-so-perfect. They couldn't close my uterus with the fibroid where it was...so, they removed the fibroid on the spot (something they hardly ever do...out of the two doctors, one had done this one time and the other has NEVER done it in her 30 years of delivering babies). Surgery went as well as could be expected.

We were at the hospital from Wednesday until Sunday night...we were originally going to be released Saturday afternoon, but I spiked a fever and had to be put on an extra 24 hours of antibiotics. Was actually kind of glad for the extra day,...learned a lot while in the hospital, and had a lot of help with working through some breastfeeding issues (Theodore can do it, but it took a LOT of work and a LOT of special tricks).

It's been great having him home....he is a wonderful, sweet baby and I am so smitten. Had a rough first night at home...this is all so new to both of us, but we are learning. Baby had his first pediatrician's appointment today, and everything looked good...he finally stopped losing weight, and is absolutely perfect. Now if I can just get the breastfeeding thing down 100% and figure out how to clean up a poop mess in the middle of the night while half asleep with a crying baby trying to eat, we'll be all set..

Merry Christmas, everyone!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Baby is here!

First off...congratulations to all of you who had your babies in the past few days! I have been kind of MIA, but see that there have been some exciting announcements that I missed!

Here's how Theodore's delivery progressed:

Monday, Dec. 17 - Had a backache all day. Assumed it was nothing. That night, had very light, very irregular contractions. Shrugged them off.

Tuesday, Dec. 18 - Contractions still irregular, but started becoming uncomfortable. At my routine OB appointment, they hooked me up to a monitor to see what was happening. I only had two contractions during that time...doctor said it was probably false labor. When she went to check my cervix, I was only dilated one centimeter...but she found that baby was NOT head-down. They did an ultrasound to find baby transverse, unable to drop down because of a large fibroid (we knew it was there, but it hadn't looked, at past appointments, like it would affect the baby). Had a long talk with the doctor...was told I would need a c-section. They scheduled one for January 2 but said there was a decent chance that I would go into labor before then...and that, if that happened, they would do a c-section when I went into labor.

Wednesday, Dec. 19 - Contractions still painful, but also still super far apart. By mid-morning, they were still about 12 minutes apart. Decided to take a short shower...during the course of the shower, contractions started coming 5 minutes apart. Freaked out....called doctor...they told me to relax but to come to the hospital to be checked out. By the time we got to the hospital, contractions were 3 minutes apart and almost unbearable. Nurse checked my cervix....completely dilated, and all she could feel was my bag of fluid, getting ready to break.

We had arrived at the hospital at 11:15. By 11:45, they were wheeling me down for an emergency c-section. Theodore arrived at 12:26 PM at 18 1/2 inches long and 6 pounds, 15.9 ounces. He was perfect. I, however, was not-so-perfect. They couldn't close my uterus with the fibroid where it was...so, they removed the fibroid on the spot (something they hardly ever do...out of the two doctors, one had done this one time and the other has NEVER done it in her 30 years of delivering babies). Surgery went as well as could be expected.

We were at the hospital from Wednesday until Sunday night...we were originally going to be released Saturday afternoon, but I spiked a fever and had to be put on an extra 24 hours of antibiotics. Was actually kind of glad for the extra day,...learned a lot while in the hospital, and had a lot of help with working through some breastfeeding issues (Theodore can do it, but it took a LOT of work and a LOT of special tricks).

It's been great having him home....he is a wonderful, sweet baby and I am so smitten. Had a rough first night at home...this is all so new to both of us, but we are learning. Baby had his first pediatrician's appointment today, and everything looked good...he finally stopped losing weight, and is absolutely perfect. Now if I can just get the breastfeeding thing down 100% and figure out how to clean up a poop mess in the middle of the night while half asleep with a crying baby trying to eat, we'll be all set..

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Aww! Congrats! And Merry Christmas to you, too!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. My scale showed I enjoyed all the yummy food too much. I'm trying hard to forget the # I saw on the scale this morning at the doctors office. I had my boots on so if I subtract 3 lbs for clothes & shoes it's easier to attempt.s. lol No progress since my last check up. Still not dilated. And measuring 35 weeks for the 3rd apt in a row. Now im starting to freak out. Will be going for a ultrasound next week to get the baby measured again.. The doctor didn't really explain it well, as to why I'm measuring behind.. So I'm having a hard time not being stressed about it.. But other then that feeling ok overall. I'd like this pregnancy to be over though.. It's been a long last month..
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your little man Jaclynn! Sounds like delivery was rough, but now you can focus on your new family member and heal up.

Thank you so much for sharing your story here with us!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. My scale showed I enjoyed all the yummy food too much. I'm trying hard to forget the # I saw on the scale this morning at the doctors office. I had my boots on so if I subtract 3 lbs for clothes & shoes it's easier to attempt.s. lol No progress since my last check up. Still not dilated. And measuring 35 weeks for the 3rd apt in a row. Now im starting to freak out. Will be going for a ultrasound next week to get the baby measured again.. The doctor didn't really explain it well, as to why I'm measuring behind.. So I'm having a hard time not being stressed about it.. But other then that feeling ok overall. I'd like this pregnancy to be over though.. It's been a long last month..

Girrrrrrrrl. I know what you mean. I was thinking about you the other day...when my doctor told me she is going on vacation the day before my induction. I don't even know the doctor who is going to induce me. I'm kind of ok with it though. At this point, I just really want to meet my little man.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I CAN NOT stop eating sweets today. I started my "breakfast" eating ice cream and pumpkin strudel pound cake along with a bunch of other random things. lol I went ahead and prelogged the rest of my day cause it usually helps me control myself better. Also made a "date" with the gym tonight. Whenever I announce to my husband that I am going to the gym, he usually helps me make sure I DO go cause he comes home earlier from work just for that. Lol :)) Helps me keep myself accountable. Also, I didn't even bother weighing myself this morning after all the holiday eating. I have a Dr appt on Friday and I am thankful my OB is on vacation cause she would have definitely nagged about my weight gain, so I have another week to get it under control, yay. lol I hope to have some more progress by Friday, I have been cramping again this week and had some irregular contractions and back aches. Hoping it means something and I dont have this pain for nothing. LOL. I started bouncing up and down on my exercise ball so maybe he's dropping lower and thats what all the cramps is about?? Who knows. I'm a little over 37wks now so officially full-term. Hurray!! I'd prefer he doesn't come this week, after new years day, any day is okay with me. :) lol
  • cocolo89
    Options

Oh I wouldn't stress about the gain, I think I gained just about 4-5lbs this week. lol. Today is the first day of my holiday de-tox. LOL. I still had a little sugar cravings this morning, but I am controlling myself now. :)) Wow, sorry to hear that your still measuring small. I heard that after 37wks your uterus basically reaches its max growth and you usually stall on measurements. Maybe that's whats happening? I just read about it this morning from one of those weekly pregnancy update emails. I pray your u/s turns out fine and baby girl is growing just fine :))
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Ho ho ho! Hope you're all having a fab holiday!

Congratulations Jaclynn, does sound stressful, but once you have a baby to hold none of that matters. Well done and enjoy!

Cocolo89 - LOL at you definitely having an epidural! I don't blame you!! I live in NZ and it's summertime here. We have had some rain and fresher weather, but it's still hot! Mustn't complain!

Mellynat - I daren't weigh myself after all that food!! Must get back to eating normally, but we still have heaps of sweet treats to get through ... Try not to worry about your little one, hard I know. I'm convinced my oldest didn't grow much at all in the last few weeks, he was late and pretty small 6lb 13oz, but he gained weight at an amazing pace once he was born, and soon caught up to other babies in our coffee group. On the plus side I was so agile for a heavily pregnant lady!! Hope all is well.

I've been getting a bit swollen, not worn my rings since Christmas day. I think it's the heat ... and the unhealthy food choices.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Had my 32 week appointment today. Baby is measuring closer to 34 weeks, so he's growing like crazy. I gained 3lbs since my last visit 2 weeks ago, so I'm at 24 lbs gained in 32 weeks.

Just plugging right along.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    boohoo, not a whole lot going on here. Had my ob appt today, I am at a 1.5cm now, was a 1cm last week. I was hoping for a little more, but that's okay. I'm still not mentally ready for him yet. LOL. after what my Daughter did to me today, i hope he bakes as long as he can. She threw a huge tantrum and tried to throw herself down the escalator while screaming on top of her lungs. everyone was staring, she definitely caused me to have a ton of BH soon after. lol Also gained 2-2.5lbs so I am now at a 31-32lb gain.(didn't weigh myself at home so i am going by the difference since my last appointment.)

oh also, she said he's still high up, so no baby this weekend for sure. lol
  • VelociMama
    Options
    How soon did you guys drop if you have?

I'm 33 weeks, and I think my little one has dropped already. I'm getting a lot more pelvic discomfort, and my belly looks lower than it did last week:

Two weeks ago:

598593_10101173833080985_1878945011_n.jpg

Today:

541052_10101189365658575_552776621_n.jpg

Does my belly look lower?
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Def lower! I didn't drop until near the end, it wasn't visible to others, but I could really feel it. Waddled more, but could breathe so much easier!
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I posted this on the Dec 2012 due dates, too, but thought I'd post my story here as well!

Now that my baby is 3 weeks old, I guess it's time to post my birth story!!

Well, let's start at the very beginning of December... two of my 3 daughters got sick the first part of December w/ the flu (vomitting, fever, chills, ect.). I tried to keep my hands clean, house sanitized, ect., especially because I was only a week away from having my scheduled c-section. I just did not want to get sick!!! On Friday 12/7, I started to get sick. That weekend I was miserable in bed and couldn't hold anything down, not even water. Monday morning, 12/10, I called my doc office mostly b/c I was worried about dehydration, plus I was still just so sick (Oh yeah...my c-section was scheduled for Wed 12/12). I told them everything that was going on w/ me and they said just to go straight to Urgent Care. DH took me to urgent care, they sent me to the Emergency Department. Super long story short, I was taken to the hospital that day, hooked up to multiple IV's, medications, ect. I had a lot of tests done b/c they thought that I had had a heart attack (I was having bad chest pains), also thought I had a blood clot on my heart among other things. Fortunately, it ended up being fluid around my heart & lungs, something wrong w/ my gall bladder and a hole in a valve. This stuff doesnt sound good either, but better that what the docs were originally thinking. And I thought I just had the flu! Actually, didnt have the flu at all, just some other extremely nasty virus and the other issues. I was having trouble breathing, too. During all of this,the baby was being highly monitored, too. Movement slowed down quite a bit, but that was to be expected b/c of all the drugs and pain killers I was given. On Tuesday, 12/11, a bunch of different doctors got together to determine if baby should be taken out on 12/12 as scheduled or kept in til I got better. It was a tough decision, but it came down to the cardiologist. He had to determine if my heart and lungs were strong enough to handle the surgery. He thought it was best to keep w/ the scheduled date, hoping that having the baby out would help me to start getting better. All throughout that night, I had to do breathing treatments to try to strengthen my lungs as much as I could and to help prevent me from getting pneumonia.

Yeah - delivery day! Wed 12/12. I was feeling a little bit better...but so drugged! Docs came in to get me and I was told that they were going to give me some medicine that would probably make me experience some memory loss. I guess I didnt think much of it at the time, maybe b/c I was so sick or b/c I was anxious to meet my baby. I actually remember very little of that whole day. Its very strange to think about things that you should know, but dont. I had to ask my husband if he cut the cord, if my family met the baby, ect. I have very few memories of that day. I look at pictures and just cry b/c I dont remember anything happening.

Now, for the fun part....my DH and I have 3 beautiful daughters and did not find out what we were having this time. This is only one small memory I do have from delivery day, my DH saying we have a son! Zachary Nathaniel was born 12/12/12 at 8:50 am, 19 inches and 7lbs 2 oz.. He's now 22 days old and I am still trying to get used to having a boy! It's very neat, though. Zachary was perfectly healthy despite my sickness. I am feeling much better, just have to do a bunch of follow up appts to see if the fluid has gone down.

Now, it's just the normal newborn issues (at least for me)....not sleeping at night and breastfeeding problems, but that's a whole other post!!! ;)

Congrats to all the other new mommies!!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Hello ladies, I finally have a moment to update. Had an ob appt today and decided to take my dd with me cause hubby had to work and I had too much pride to ask my sil for help. Lol well big mistake. My ob was very behind on appt and I ended up waiting 1.5hrs to get roomed and another 20-30 to get seen. My daughter was throwing tantrums like crazy. Anywhoo. Now for the progress, im about a 3cm now and she said she pulled my cervix forward. Im not thinning very much. Looks like me and hubby need to have a talk. Lol. My belly is measuring a lot smaller so next week she will check fluids. We also talked about membrane sweep which she will do next week as well. Soooo everything is getting closer!!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    How soon did you guys drop if you have?

I'm 33 weeks, and I think my little one has dropped already. I'm getting a lot more pelvic discomfort, and my belly looks lower than it did last week:

Two weeks ago:

598593_10101173833080985_1878945011_n.jpg

Today:

541052_10101189365658575_552776621_n.jpg

Does my belly look lower?
    \

yes, looks like its getting lowerrrr! hurray for dropping!! :)
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I posted this on the Dec 2012 due dates, too, but thought I'd post my story here as well!

Well, let's start at the very beginning of December... two of my 3 daughters got sick the first part of December w/ the flu (vomitting, fever, chills, ect.). I tried to keep my hands clean, house sanitized, ect., especially because I was only a week away from having my scheduled c-section. I just did not want to get sick!!! On Friday 12/7, I started to get sick. That weekend I was miserable in bed and couldn't hold anything down, not even water. Monday morning, 12/10, I called my doc office mostly b/c I was worried about dehydration, plus I was still just so sick (Oh yeah...my c-section was scheduled for Wed 12/12). I told them everything that was going on w/ me and they said just to go straight to Urgent Care. DH took me to urgent care, they sent me to the Emergency Department. Super long story short, I was taken to the hospital that day, hooked up to multiple IV's, medications, ect. I had a lot of tests done b/c they thought that I had had a heart attack (I was having bad chest pains), also thought I had a blood clot on my heart among other things. Fortunately, it ended up being fluid around my heart & lungs, something wrong w/ my gall bladder and a hole in a valve. This stuff doesnt sound good either, but better that what the docs were originally thinking. And I thought I just had the flu! Actually, didnt have the flu at all, just some other extremely nasty virus and the other issues. I was having trouble breathing, too. During all of this,the baby was being highly monitored, too. Movement slowed down quite a bit, but that was to be expected b/c of all the drugs and pain killers I was given. On Tuesday, 12/11, a bunch of different doctors got together to determine if baby should be taken out on 12/12 as scheduled or kept in til I got better. It was a tough decision, but it came down to the cardiologist. He had to determine if my heart and lungs were strong enough to handle the surgery. He thought it was best to keep w/ the scheduled date, hoping that having the baby out would help me to start getting better. All throughout that night, I had to do breathing treatments to try to strengthen my lungs as much as I could and to help prevent me from getting pneumonia.

Yeah - delivery day! Wed 12/12. I was feeling a little bit better...but so drugged! Docs came in to get me and I was told that they were going to give me some medicine that would probably make me experience some memory loss. I guess I didnt think much of it at the time, maybe b/c I was so sick or b/c I was anxious to meet my baby. I actually remember very little of that whole day. Its very strange to think about things that you should know, but dont. I had to ask my husband if he cut the cord, if my family met the baby, ect. I have very few memories of that day. I look at pictures and just cry b/c I dont remember anything happening.

Now, for the fun part....my DH and I have 3 beautiful daughters and did not find out what we were having this time. This is only one small memory I do have from delivery day, my DH saying we have a son! Zachary Nathaniel was born 12/12/12 at 8:50 am, 19 inches and 7lbs 2 oz.. He's now 22 days old and I am still trying to get used to having a boy! It's very neat, though. Zachary was perfectly healthy despite my sickness. I am feeling much better, just have to do a bunch of follow up appts to see if the fluid has gone down.

Now, it's just the normal newborn issues (at least for me)....not sleeping at night and breastfeeding problems, but that's a whole other post!!! ;)

oh wow. what a story!!! I'm glad you are ok and getting better! sorry to hear about all that chaos!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Wow that is so crazy. Glad you and the baby are ok. Try to get yourself better.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am so freaking huge. I'm gaining weight so quickly. At 35 weeks and I think I've gained 42lbs. At last Friday's ultrasound they discovered Persephone is already 8.6lbs. The weird thing is my cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose and everything are as they should be. ALSO, I'm nursing a toddler 3-5 times a day. The calories should be melting off. hrmmmmmmmmmm