Ripped in 30 jan 2013 challenge!

Options

Replies

• jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 3 done!!!! Thank goodness. Cardio while in planks SUCK :sad: I hope those get easier because so far my shoulders are on fire. It's not being out of breath it's my shoulders. Doing things like that-I hope my tank tops look great this spring.

So, until tomorrow. Keep it going girls! We are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • JanisNunez
    JanisNunez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lb weights. I hurt my knew awhile back (it's fine now) and can't use a heavy weight or my knee starts to hurt with the squats. I think about alternating weights on some of the moves with no legs involved, but there aren't very many. I'm on Week 2 Day1 today.
  • jaztoderan
    jaztoderan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 7 today! So proud of myself, 1/4 the way there already! It feels GREAT. Starting level 2 tomorrow. I had a hard time today, I waited too long to do it and I was dehydrated so I'm nervous for tomorrow after struggling. Water is going to be my best friend and I'm gonna start earlier. Will report back for everyone who's not there yet! :D
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Still feeling ill today so I'm going to give it a miss today and give it my all tomorrow. Not going to start over though as Jillian recommends 1 or 2 days off a week, so these can be my rest days. No point sweating my *kitten* off if I feel like I'm going to pass out!

I'll have to check what weights I'm using!
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, day 4 here completed. is everyone doing 6 days on each week?

i have moved to using 5lb weights on the 1st rep then 10lbs on the 2nd. on the 2nd circuit it kind of kills me so im thinking about scaling it back a bit.

i am excited to see the results at the end of this dvd, i had really really good results from 30 ds and I think I can break through one of my STG's with this one too

hope everyones doing great!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 6 completed!!! Time to eat and get ready for Pretty Little Liars. Love that show!:heart:
    @TrishPretti-I was wondering the same thing. Are we doing 6 days or 7?
  • jaztoderan
    Options
    I did 7 days of level 1. If I feel like I need a break I'll take a day off but I haven't hit that point yet. I'm extremely sedentary so I don't think I'm "overdoing it." But I think 6 days is good too. Starting Level 2 in a little bit.
  • jaztoderan
    Options
    Okay, I just did my first day of week 2!

Here is my report:

a lot of the moves have me feeling very uncoordinated. the skipping one I haven't got figured out AT ALL yet and some of the other moves I fall out of rhythm quickly. I have bad coordination in general though. I have seen in reviews that this is the worst week for it though, so six more days and I won't have to do these again.
    I loove some of the moves we are doing! the butt lifting ones are awesome and I can really feel the burn more this week than last week even though I was uncoordinated and not keeping up. & glad to see high knees. I was actually doing high knees in week 1 cardio for some of the stuff I didn't like.
    I can't remember what she calls the pushups where you bring your knee up to the side? I call them spiderman push ups and the modification she gave is impossible for me to figure out, my back won't stay straight. So I've done the modified version I used to do for my home workouts.. which is normal pushup, then bring the knee to the side. Not all in one move.

Good luck to anyone reaching week 2! I enjoyed it :)
  • jlanderson_12
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4 done! Again I can't express how much I HATE Planks :explode:
    I have yet to get through the second set of cardio with out breaking. It is so hard for me. But I did it! Two more days to go until week 3. I take Thursdays off. I am so scared to see what Saturday will bring.

Here's hoping at get through the rest of this week :tongue:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I'm using 1kg weights which is just over 2 lbs but going to increase that tomorrow I think.
    So finished week 1!! Looking forward to week 2 and going to take some measurements on day 15 to see how I'm doing! Halfway through 30ds I'd lost an inch so fingers crossed!!
  • KilannaFit
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Day 2 done and I am enjoying it more then week 1.

OH put the heating on before I was working out. Ugh!

Enjoying
    1, high kness
    2, renegade rows
    3, Squat and tricep extentions

Hating
    1, Anything in plank!!!
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    I finished W1D7. I may have to rest tomorrow my knee is hurting a little. I'll be able to tell for sure tomorrow if I can start week 2 day 1.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Loving week 2!!!! Much more inventive moves and the time went so quickly. I'm so much stronger than I was in 30ds and although the plank moves are still challenging, i feel so much stronger in them and realy like them now! Must be mad! Moved up to 2.5 kg weights too. So thats about 5.5 kg
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group, I done d5 w1 this morning. I am loving this dvd so far. I did 30ds in Dec. and had great results. Hoping for the same with this one.
    Good luck to you all !!!!
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    Just joined this group, I done d5 w1 this morning. I am loving this dvd so far. I did 30ds in Dec. and had great results. Hoping for the same with this one.
    Good luck to you all !!!!

Welcome to the group!
  • jaztoderan
    Options
    My butt and legs have been comfortably sore since starting the workout and even more so since starting week 2. and today I felt a bit of soreness during my warm up in my obliques! NEVER felt sore there before, not even when I had a PT. AWESOME. Ten days down :D
  • jlanderson_12
    Options
    Week 2 Day 6 done!!! Tomorrow (Friday) is my last day of week 2. Saturday I will start week 3. So scared. I see how everyone is "enjoying" this week but it is very challenging for me. The first set of cardio is hard. By the second time of doing running man I feel like my arms can't hold me up anymore. I am very proud that I did get through the second set with out stopping. Maybe tomorrow I will just scream and curse and try and get through the first set with out stopping also. HAHAHAHA we shall see!!!!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Keep going everyone, you're doing brilliantly :) I'm feeling sore just about everywhere, but still smiling so it can't be too bad. Beginning to see a big more definition in my shoulders which I'm very happy about. I'm glad some people are ahead of me, because I'll get to hear how bad week 3 is before I start it :P
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    6 days of week one in the books, rest day tomorrow then on to week 2. Is anyone taking measurements? If so, how often? I think I will take pics after each week, and measurements after 2 weeks. Keep up the great everyone.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    6 days of week one in the books, rest day tomorrow then on to week 2. Is anyone taking measurements? If so, how often? I think I will take pics after each week, and measurements after 2 weeks. Keep up the great everyone.

I take measurements every week and photos before and after, but i think breaking out the tape measure is important with this as the scales won't show the results.