Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• luckychef13
    luckychef13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there folks! 34 yr old chef here who is ready to get healthy! Feel free to add me as a new friend. As many others in my industry, I have had several years of terrible eating habits. Skipping days of eating, supplemented by nights of drinking beer with a late night burger, or binging on my days off. After some research, I know that I have been my own worst enemy in my battle with weight. I have wrecked my metabolism and poisoned my body with toxins for years. I am on track to getting my metabolism balanced by eating a proper number of calories a day and being more mindful of where those calories come from. I have also incorporated 4-5 days a wk of exercise into my routine. Looking for some friends to share support with as we all strive to live healthier and more balanced lives! Good luck to you all!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Jamie!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Our current 3 Month Self Challenge wraps up next week and I will start another on the 8th. Keep an eye out for the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5). If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • astrogal_33
    astrogal_33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Amanda and I am 30 (plus almost a month); so that counts as 30-something, right? Looking for support to get through a bit of a plateau as I'm closing in on my weight loss goal!! I feel great and am very active, but having a bit of trouble re-vamping my workouts to make it to the end goal.

Pleased to meet the group!

Amanda
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amanda, glad to have you here. Congrats on your fitness goals so far. I am close to my initial goal as well, but will be setting a higher one here shortly. Feel free to post and add members of the group. There are several active members and we definatley make sure to keep us motivated. Keep up the good work and lets make our goals.

Darin
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm new to the group. I have been a member of MFP for a while but have logged on and off. In December I went to the doctor and got some discouraging news. I have known for a long time that my weight is a problem and I have tried countless times to lose using various diets. I had great success last summer with MFP and dropped a little over 20 pounds but hit a major emotional wall and stopped logging, started binging and gained alot of the weight back. After overcoming some major emotional hurdles, I now feel I am in a place where I can do this and do it the RIGHT way. I am looking forward to ringing in my 34th birthday in October at least 40 pounds lighter. I know that I have a very long way to go, but I'm taking it one meal at a time and I am looking for great support and new friends. Please feel free to add me, I would love to be on your team rooting for you and vise versa. Good luck to everyone on their journeys!! Samantha
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started counting my calories years ago on caloriecount and did ok for a while and then back to yo-yo'ing. I moved away from all my close friends 4 years ago for a job relocation and that really made it harder. A few of my close friends joined MFP and I thought "this is going to be perfect! I can still work towards my goals with the help of my friends back home". And it was great for awhile but then we all got over the new year healthy spike and everyone stops logging. A couple of years ago my husband and I started hitting the gym, I was watching my calories and I lost 20 lbs in 5 months. I felt great but one bad week and it all just stopped. No gym, no watching what I ate and the weight crept back on - 12lbs re-gained. Somehow I managed to keep the other 8 lbs off. 7 months ago we moved again, another job relocation. So here we are in another state where we don't know anyone. I started MFP again, tried to keep my friends motivated to stay with it - i have to admit this was as much for ME as it was for them. If I could keep them motivated then they in turn would help to motivate me to stay with it. But slowly they have all disappeared again from MFP so I have been doing to by myself and it gets hard. My husband recently started his new career as Personal Trainer. Most people think that is great and how much easier that should make it for me but really it doesnt. He has different diet habits then I do and as any married couple knows its easier to decide to do something for yourself them to have your spouse telling you what to do ;). All jk'ng aside it does help me a little because now there is more incentive to get to the gym, w/o at home, make healthy eating choices...and that's what I'm trying so hard to do. Today as I was feeling guiltly over the 1st cheat day I"ve had in 3 1/2 weeks I thought I would check out these groups, try to grow my MFP friends list and find and give support to like minded people-we are all here for similar reasons and we should lean on each other for support and ideas right?
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Amanda, Mexicanbigfoot, and whitec1234!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Our current 3 Month Self Challenge wraps up next week and I will start another on the 8th. Keep an eye out for the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5). If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • SammieAus
    SammieAus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Samantha and I'm 30 years old ( and 2 months!). I've struggled with my weight most of my life but with my recent engagement really want to make a lasting change to be healthy. I want to be healthy for myself but for a future family. I look forward to chatting and meeting you all! See you around!
  • martina2611
    Options
    Hello all, My name is Martina and I've never really had weight issues until my mid 20's when you get into a relationship stop playing sport ,work and eat takeaway. My mother is a larger women as is her mother and as are all my siblings ( 3 sisters and 1 brother) I know I'm no longer young and if i ever want to start a family i need to be healthy, and i wanna look killer in a pair of shorty shorts. Being accountable seems to be an awesome motivation for me so I'm hoping this will keep me on track, and no my stupid fad diets!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sai and I've struggled with being chubby/overweight my whole life - and as a result have always been on some kind of diet (herbalife, xenadrine, slim fast, weight watchers, you name it!). Eventually I just gave up and ate what I wanted and didn't exercise - it was always so hard for me to lose and I just didn't want to care anymore. I also was diagnosed with a bunch of vitamin deficiences and insulin resistance, so these all play a factor in my weight problem.

Anyway, I finally bought a scale and saw that I was over 200lbs - it took me a while to get over the shock but I've decided to try again and thought i would use MFP this time, since a 1200 calorie diet is probably the only thing that would work for me. 3 weeks ago, I started at 207.2, did a smoothie cleanse for 3 days to jump start and have been using MFP ever since. Today I weighed myself and am 199.6!! SO GLAD to be under 200lbs! I have a long way to go but its a start, and I hope that joining a community here will help me keep my motivation!
  • gemmy2242
    gemmy2242 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Gwen and am 33 yrs old. I gave birth to twins almost 7 months ago and haven't lost any of my postpartum weight. This is the heaviest I have ever been and I refuse to stay here.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Samantha, Martina, Sai and Gwen!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • mrsstevenson99
    mrsstevenson99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Misty. I'm 31 years old and have been married for 13 years. I have four children: Kyle (11), Lane (8), Zoe (2), and Lily Ziva (10 months). I've always been the "fat" or chubby girl. I'm looking to change my lifestyle this year. I lost my mom to a heart attack last year, she was 46 years old. I'm looking forward to meeting like minded people.
  • Selanla
    Selanla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Barb. I'm a 35 year old wife and mother. I have two boys, ages 10 & 9 and I work full time outside of the home. I'm at my weight loss goal, but I need / want to work on healthy and fit. I lost weight with calorie counting, but didn't do the exercising so now I wiggle and jiggle, where I shouldn't :( Looking forward to meeting new friends and having some motivation to keep me going, so that I can show / teach my children how to be healthier also
  • Topself
    Topself Posts: 24
    Options
    My name is matt and I am 33 years old. Looking for new ways to keep accountable for my actions on food. I have a few friends that I talk about food with, but no one on a site. I'm very active and my job is the same. would love to open my app and find someone saying good job or you blew it. Either way, good or bad its in your face. hope you guys have a great day.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Misty, Barbi and matt!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Our current 3 Month Self Challenge wraps up this week and I will start another on the 8th. Keep an eye out for the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5). If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Jo
  • astrogal_33
    astrogal_33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha! I definitely share some of your motivation for getting healthy! I've been married for sometime now (8 years in February) but one of my biggest reasons for losing weight is to be what I think is my "ideal health" before my husband and I start a family...I'm starting to realize that timeline is getting much shorter now!! :happy:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    My name is matt and I am 33 years old. Looking for new ways to keep accountable for my actions on food. I have a few friends that I talk about food with, but no one on a site. I'm very active and my job is the same. would love to open my app and find someone saying good job or you blew it. Either way, good or bad its in your face. hope you guys have a great day.

You're from the Phoenix area? My parents just moved to Sun City, but I've got other family (grandparents, aunts, uncles) from Phoenix.
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Ange and I am 33 years old, from the winterless North Island of New Zealand. Just joined MFP yesterday, so I am a real newbie here but am on Week 3 of my new and much healthier eating plan. Have lost 6 kilos so far, another 20 to go. Am on a mission to get back to my normal weight. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with a rather chronic illness a few years ago that required a number of surgeries. Am good as gold now but one of the not-so-good long-term effects of their treatment, is having a slow metabolism system and this has pretty quickly added on the kilos!

Looking forward to reading about everyones success stories and tips that have helped them on their own mission :smile:
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. :) My name is Jennifer and I'm 33. I'm one of those tall girls who've struggled with an extra 20-30 # my entire life. About 2 years ago, I started taking diet pills and lost 43. I was very happy to finally be thin, but I physically felt ill. Plus, I lost it all WAY too fast. On top of it all, I was going through a very emotional time in my life. You could even call it a crisis coupled with an entire life change. I'm an emotional eater, so I gained most of it all back within two years. But within the past 6 months, I've managed to lose 20, leaving me 20 more to my goal. This time I'm doing it right. Slow and steady wins the race! I've joined a gym, and I have realistic goals. I just need a few friends to help me along the way. This is where you come in! :) I love meeting new people and would like to be a part of a group who also have realistic goals, maybe even some success stories on keeping the weight off. I welcome any new friends on this site. If you look on my page, I was not logging in for a very long time, but since my last log-in, I have lost 10 pounds, so I just reset everything. Looking forward to meeting you all!
This discussion has been closed.