Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Welcome, Klb1002! I understand you about motivation. One thing that I try is to not think about all the workouts I'm going to have to do, I like to think, "Just for today". It helps! Take it one step at a time!
  • Yana150
    Options
    Shout out time!!!

WOW, Rstinne1! -6.4 in two weeks is an awesome loss! Way to go, lady! :)

Here's another NSV trophy:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMCmPnaL3UeSg4_uma83s1AWeBiRYjAD65TQSq65JoM-tSVC1B
    This time the prize goes to Kar1959. Karen, you never cease to amaze me. Congratulations on making your 30 miles for January, and we're cheering you on to make your 40 next month! You are awesome!!! :) I think I'll come on over and take part in that challenge, too for February! I love Leslie too. Congrats, Karen!
  • Yana150
    Options
    Evening ladies!
    First I'd like to say a big hello and welcome to the new challengers and that you are going to love it here everyone is really supportive and Yana is great to follow.

OK I'm going to tell you where I am at for the ladies who are not on my friends list.
    Basically I have let myself go, gained 3lbs and eating what I want when I wanted because I got myself into a bit of a rut and was finding it very hard to get out but today I got my mojo back and completed my diary and exercised for the first time in over a week.
    I have decided to kick start myself back onto my keto plan by doing a "fat fast" for 3-4 days so my calories will be as low as 1000 per day and fats will make up 80-90% of my intake, I've heard good things about this so fingers crossed it will do me good too.

I am a compulsive weigher, I do it several times a day so I'm going to take a break from it for a little while, I'll still post my weekly update if there is a significant loss otherwise I will leave it as is.

So goals for this week and next:
    1) Exercise at least 5x a week.
    2) Keep to the fat fast and low carb plan after.
    3) No weekend binge not even on my birthday weekend.
    4) Try at least 1 low carb recipe.

Looking forward to moving forward with you great ladies. :smile:

Hey there Serene, I say put it all behind you !!!! I have learned the hard way that it's all in our minds, your mind is fixed for sucess and that's that ! No matter how many times we fall and get up, WE Keep it moving Sis ! I look forward to hearing your results, nice goals btw

I totally agree with this! :)
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I catched the Flu -_- ugh so ill be out of it for a few days..guess ill just be restarting week 2 of insanity on Monday. I really hope this flu will be gone by then!
  • Yana150
    Options
    Ladies, not sure if I should WI this Sunday, one I should start my "Ladies Day" on Sunday, well, that's if my husband hasn't knocked me up this cycle lol I hate to do it, with all that extra fluid...

I dunno, should I pass this week ? Might help me mentally as well, ya'll know I had a tough week...
    If you feel you may be taking on water you should leave it until after "ladies time"has passed although I like seeing the fluctuations this can cause but if you feel it may set you back mentally don't do it.

You know Serene, you might be right, Ima wait and see what happens on Sunday, it might wait and come later in the day, so if I hurryin up in the morning, I should be fine, either way, if it's higher or the same, I will have a nice loss next week ! lol But then again, if it doesn't come at all - Mission accomplished !

Omigosh, you could have a little Nette on board! I'm excited for your weight loss journey, but I just love baby stories! lol! :) Good luck! :)
  • Yana150
    Options
    I catched the Flu -_- ugh so ill be out of it for a few days..guess ill just be restarting week 2 of insanity on Monday. I really hope this flu will be gone by then!

Oh, no! Feel better soon. The flu is no joke! Take care and get LOTS of rest!
  • Yana150
    Options
    This week I've been lazy about getting up early, (going to bed too late), and therefore not waking up to workout. I then didn't workout when I got home, so my workouts this week sucked. I'll be back on track this evening. My eating has been pretty good. I'll be back on track this evening. :)

Have a good weekend and great weigh ins for those who weight in Saturday and Sunday.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds just like me! Hopefully we'll keep each other motivated, let;s go!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Shout out time!!!

WOW, Rstinne1! -6.4 in two weeks is an awesome loss! Way to go, lady! :)

Here's another NSV trophy:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMCmPnaL3UeSg4_uma83s1AWeBiRYjAD65TQSq65JoM-tSVC1B
    This time the prize goes to Kar1959. Karen, you never cease to amaze me. Congratulations on making your 30 miles for January, and we're cheering you on to make your 40 next month! You are awesome!!! :) I think I'll come on over and take part in that challenge, too for February! I love Leslie too. Congrats, Karen!

Thank you so much Yana. Yes please come and join the Leslie challenge. It's another great group.
  • Yana150
    Options
    I can't edit, but I have to apologize to Kathy - I've been writing Karen. Kar1959 is Kathy! Don't follow my lead! :) lol!
    ..And you're very welcome, Kathy !:)
  • e2camille
    e2camille Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Checking in I had a pretty great month so far.

SW:190
    CW: 183.5
    GW:165
  • klb1002
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I would love to join this challenge.
    I have issues with staying motivated to workout. I figured I needed to join a group to receive support and this seems like a great one for me. I know everything that I need to do, but doing it is the issue. I can get lazy and it's a bad habit to have.
    I have started working out this week (AGAIN!) and so far, so good! I can't keep complaining about the weight without taking action, so here I am!!

SW: 178
    CW:176.5
    GW: 156

My other goals are:
    1. Stay consistent with my workouts
    2. Don't eat when I am bored/binge eat
    3. Watch my portions

Welcome !!! I would suggest that you find a form of fitness that you really like and is fun for you today, my fav thing to do is Pilates, it's my go-to, find something fun, like dancing or something like that, you'll find out that you can't stop doing it and it will become contagious ! I also set weekly fitness goals, and taking week by week seems more manageable you know, you'll do great !

I really like Cardio X and Kempo X from the P90X routine, so maybe I will incorporate those more into my routine. I also like Turbo Jam and the strength training from P90X. I think I might throw in a little dancing in there too. Thanks for the tips.
  • klb1002
    Options
    Welcome, Klb1002! I understand you about motivation. One thing that I try is to not think about all the workouts I'm going to have to do, I like to think, "Just for today". It helps! Take it one step at a time!

Thanks for the welcome!! I will definitely do the "Just for today" and take baby steps. It's one day at a time!
    Today I am tired, but I will go home and work out before I do anything!
  • Princess721
    Princess721 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies!
    First I'd like to say a big hello and welcome to the new challengers and that you are going to love it here everyone is really supportive and Yana is great to follow.

OK I'm going to tell you where I am at for the ladies who are not on my friends list.
    Basically I have let myself go, gained 3lbs and eating what I want when I wanted because I got myself into a bit of a rut and was finding it very hard to get out but today I got my mojo back and completed my diary and exercised for the first time in over a week.
    I have decided to kick start myself back onto my keto plan by doing a "fat fast" for 3-4 days so my calories will be as low as 1000 per day and fats will make up 80-90% of my intake, I've heard good things about this so fingers crossed it will do me good too.

I am a compulsive weigher, I do it several times a day so I'm going to take a break from it for a little while, I'll still post my weekly update if there is a significant loss otherwise I will leave it as is.

So goals for this week and next:
    1) Exercise at least 5x a week.
    2) Keep to the fat fast and low carb plan after.
    3) No weekend binge not even on my birthday weekend.
    4) Try at least 1 low carb recipe.

Looking forward to moving forward with you great ladies. :smile:

I'm def with you as far as being a compulsive weigher....I swear every time I walk past the scale no matter how often I weigh myself...I have go to stop that cuz it messes with me...LOL
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Nooooooo!! Why am I just finding this now? Is it too late for me to join in? :cry:
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nooooooo!! Why am I just finding this now? Is it too late for me to join in? :cry:
    Never too late to join, welcome to the group!
    Post your stats when ready and good luck reaching your goals. :smile:
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Oh, no! Feel better soon. The flu is no joke! Take care and get LOTS of rest!
    [/quote]

Thank you. Despite having the flu, i still went healthy eating shopping yesterday. So once i get over the flu, ill be 110% ready to back into it!
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am super Happy !!! I decided to go ahead and WI today, since I feel Aunt Flo is def coming and I am down 1.4 lbs this week !!!!

I can't believe it since this was a really tough week for me, I was ill for most of the week and had a mishap day !!
  • Bonneaubert
    Bonneaubert Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in on this one!!! Weigh-in will be every fri.

2/2/13

SW - 169.0
    CW - 169.0
    GW - 145.0

1. GET OFF THE COUCH!!!
    2. Stop snacking before bed.
    3. Zumba at least 20 mins. 4 times a week.

Let's do this thang girls...Go Team Losers! (Weight that is.) :wink:
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm in :drinker:

SW: 201
    CW: 181
    GW: 154

My goals:
    1. Eat breakfast EVERY day
    2. To plank for a minimum of 1 minute
    3. To have the confidence to chat to the hot guy at the gym lol