Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weighed in and lost 1 pound this week. I bet if I was up on my water game it would of been even more!!! Today is my boyfriends birthday, and we're celebrating it over his parents so I'm going to try to eat healthy (hopefully something will be on the healthy side if not border line) if not then I'll just have to watch my portions.

My weekly goals for this week is to get in 8-10 glasses of water a day
    Strength train at least 3x this week
    No starchy carbs after 6 pm
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ok I weighed in today and well chuffed as I wasn't expecting anything this week.
    I lost 2.6lbs today!
    CW: 220.8
    GW: 170

Still on target and hoping for higher as i'm implementing exercise back into my routine as of tomorrow with cardio and strength.
    Goal is to still try and drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day and to avoid all temptation.
    Assure I exercise min 5x a week.

Updated goals
    Feb 21: 204
    April 21: 187
    June 21: 170

Great effort to everyone for this week and let's keep pushing into the next and beyond!
  • Nette0309
    Nette0309 Posts: 106
    Options
    Ladies, we have some great goals for the week ! Let's get it !!!
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Good job, Queen and Nette!!! :) I'm not down any pounds, but I didn't gain either! lol!

Serene, I'll you once I get the band and find out shipping costs. I'm sure you'll love it!

Anyone else weigh-in this weekend?

Good Job on Maintaining !!! Our bodies release when it's ready, something I always have to remind myself of.. keep up the good work !
  • Yummy208
    Yummy208 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies we are doing this and will get it done!! I weighed in and im down to 196.2 I am truly humbled to be doing this challenge with all of you beautiful women who have one goal in mind and that is inner peace and health as well as BEAUTY IN AND OUT!!
    Well wishes to everyone on this thing called weight loss..
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am in...how are we going to keep track?

SW: 278
    CW: 244
    GW: 195
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi my name is Love, I am joining too, it my birthday the first week in June, Geminis make some noise so I have to look extra smoking hot

SW: 230
    CW: 204
    GW: 160 - that is 44lbs to lose, So 44lbs divide by5, it works out i need to lose 9lbs per month. if i can lose 10lbs a month i will be over moon.

Official weigh-in Weight Goals:

February 21 - 195
    March 21-187
    April 21 - 178
    May 21-169
    June 21 - 160

Non-scale victories I would like to experience before June 21, 2013
    1. reduce my chest and by 4 inches, and hips by5-6inches
    2. to continue not to drink fizzy or soda drinks
    3. Be alive and happy
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed! =) Sowee I'm late..

SW: 171.2 lbs
    GW: 140lbs
    UGW: 135lbs

My Victories:
    Don't eat as much fast food & be able to resist the foods that are bad for me.
    Be fit! & Get a FLATTER Stomach!
    Gain more self confidence & self esteem! ^-^

I'm ready to kick some @$$!!! Can't wait to get this weight OFF! ugh. I got down to the early 150's in November. I decided to take a break, and gained a few lbs & the scale would just go up a few lbs, then down a few lbs so i was doing alright..UNTIL vacation time. And I really gained a lot of weight in DEC & January! Now time to lose it AGAIN!
  • FloridaCali01
    FloridaCali01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I would like to join

SW: 216
    CW:216
    GW:165

Victories that I would like to accomplish:

1. Exercise five days a week
    2. Cook healthier meals
    3. Have more energy!
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, well i haven't lost not gained but i will take that an stay motivated an make it fun...An I've also started making the fruit&veggie juices an its cool. But have a great day everyone!! :-)
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Good morning ladies, well i haven't lost not gained but i will take that an stay motivated an make it fun...An I've also started making the fruit&veggie juices an its cool. But have a great day everyone!! :-)

That's a good job on Maintaining girl !!! Keep up the good work
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Welcome to all of our Newbies !!! Your never to late !
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of our Newbies !!! Your never to late !

Yay! ^-^ Well I just joined this challenge yesterday, But I got back on track to being healthy and fit on Thursday (Jan 17) & As of today (Jan 21) I am 1.6lbs down!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Welcome new folks!!! :smile: Ukloveme, ravenrxx, and FloridaCali01! I see that Nette has already given you a warm welcome! Please join right in and make yourselves at home! :)

Nette, you really are the Miss Sunshine of this group! :flowerforyou:

Hey, Shaybelle, we're in the same boat. I didn't lose either, so I'm just going to make working out and eating healthy my goal for this week. I may even give that terrible, awful, painful, but so much fun African Dance class a try again this week. That was a monster calorie burn!

Based on my weekend detox, this week my goal is to heed my macros - especially sugar. While on the detox (which left me quite bloated until this morning - I forgot to take the psylium) I ate a hearty breakfast of steamed kale, yellow squash, and sweet potatoes, which came in at just over 200 calories, but it was very low sugar, high fiber (10 g) and a good amount of protein (9 g). When I added some almonds and walnuts, those numbers got even better and my level of satiety improved.

The macro that posses the greatest challenge for me is sugar. There seems to be a plethora of it in everything, and based on my full reports on this site, I've been eating far too much of it. For the two days on the detox, I only ate 12 g of sugar for the day all from vegetable sources. I looked over my full reports, and sometimes I was eating anywhere between 50-100 grams of sugar a day. I had NO IDEA!! This becomes quite alarming when you consider that granulated sugar is counted as weighing 4.2 grams per teaspoon. No wonder I feel so lousy so often and my weight loss is at a virtual standstill. Fortunately, I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic, but I don't think that I would be able to say that for long if i continue eating that way. While there is sugar in the healthy foods that we eat, I think my problem is with added sugar. Sauces, jams in yogurt, candy and other treats, etc.

I'm going to adopt the breakfast from the detox into my regular life, and make more soups and salad for lunch with dressing that does not contain added sugar. The salad dressing from the detox plan is actually quite good, as are some others that I've found that don't contain sugar.

I'm going to continue eating steamed veggies for this week until all that produce is gone, and I'm going to smash those lentils as well. I want to see what the end of my week will look like after I've limited my sugar intake. I have a feeling that it's going to go pretty good.

I hope you all are off to a great week! :heart:
  • londaknight
    londaknight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just an update! Weighed in yesterday. Down to 259, and did my measurements and I have lost 4 inches all over in the last month! Still working on that sleep, but I am exercising 5 days a week. I have 2 more weeks of my aerobics exercise course, then hope to move on to Insanity!
    SW: 260.
    CW: 259
    GW: 230

1. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night
    2. Workout at least 5 days a week
    3. Stay motivated by trying new exercise regimens
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is on Mondays and I am down 2.2 lbs. Keep at it ladies!

SW(1/14): 298.8
    CW(1/21): 296.6
    GW: 245

Official weigh-in Weight Goals:

February 21 - 285
    April 21 - 265
    June 21 - 245

1. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily
    2. Workout 5 days a week
    3. Complete C25K program
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    YAY, Rochie81 and Londaknight!!! Great job!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

How was your weekend?
    It's a new week put any and all mistakes behind you, stay positive and stay on the course, you got the power and support to make a difference.

Let's hit those numbers hard!
    :flowerforyou:
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weight loss for the week = -.8
    Not exactly as much as I wanted but a loss is a loss.

SW: 184.8
    CW: 184.8
    GW: 160

01/21 weight: 184

Non-scale victories:

1. Complete the Insanity series - Completed the first week...On to week two
    2. Add in morning workouts ...Only able to work out once this past week in the a.m.
    3. Eat cleaner and lift heavier .....Diet has been pretty clean (I like a little coffee in my creamer :) Trying to cut back on coffee; just can't drink it black
  • Nette0309
    Options
    YAY, Rochie81 and Londaknight!!! Great job!

Congrats ladies !!!