Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    B: leftover london broil and a small avocado
    L: zucchini noodles, homemade meat sauce with olives, green peppers and mushrooms
    D: ham with zucchini and summer squash sauteed with onions, coleslaw
    Snack: a few blackberries
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    B--half chicken patty with half slice of swiss cheese
    2nd B--giant protein smoothie with fruit and peanut butter
    L--chicken salad with hard boiled egg and avocado
    D--Low Carb Layla's Green Enchilada Casserole and salad

http://lowcarblayla.blogspot.com/2013/01/green-enchilada-casserole.html?spref=fb
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I came home to discover that my wife was making:

Tri-tip steaks
    Grilled salmon
    Steamed broccoli
    Spaghetti squash 1 cup is 42 calls, net 8 carbs)
    Quick tomato sauce - 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup white wine, garlic, pepper, salt, pepper flakes, 2 Roma tomatoes

I was a happy camper! :happy:
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    B - scrambled eggs w/ leftover taco meat, cheese, avocado, sour cream, and salsa

Lunch - (Was still full from B-fast) 1 cup of fresh blackberries w/ a little cream, and a small handful of pecans

Dinner - Fried (coconut oil) eggplant slices topped with spaghetti sauce w/ added meat and parmesan cheese

Dessert - Almond flour cookie crumbles topped with sugar free blackberry jam and cream.

1800 cal (a little high but I had exercise cals to burn), 78 carbs, 34 fiber
  • maremare312
    Options
    Blackberies with cream sounds awesome!

B--Starbucks Protein box minus bread, American with cream and splenda
    Sn--1/2 portion of lc green enchilada casserole
    L--Protein Smoothie
    D--Salad
    Sn--raw almonds and atkins bar (Running out door between work and meeting, not sure if I'll get to actually eat dinner salad)
  • charovnitza
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg in butter, poured into a crepe pan so it was very thin. Filled with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, macerated in sugarfree Davinci strawberry syrup. Black coffee.
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Spicy Pork "Tacos"

I took the filling from a recipe for some Spicy Pork pasties and adapted slightly.

Fry 1/2 small onion, 1/2 pepper and 1 clove garlic for 10 mins until soft. Add 1/2 tsp each of cumin, cayenne and paprika. Continue to cook for 2 mins then remove from pan.
    Fry 200g of minced pork until browned and then add back the onion mixture. Add 6 tbsps of stock , season, bring to boil and then simmer to reduce until most of liquid has vanished.
    Use romaine lettuce/ little gem lettuce leaves ( or anything with good shape and some crunch) and fill with pork filling. Top with grated cheese and condiment of choice. (mayo, sour cream, ranch)
  • TrinaBurch
    TrinaBurch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    B - Smoothie - 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 cup fruit, 1 cup almond milk
    S - KIND Nut Delight Bar
    L - 2 turkey pepperettes, 30 g of part skim mozzarella cheese, 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks with 1 tbsp peanut butter
    S - orange
    D - prosciutto wrapped chicken stuffed with spinach/cheese mixture, garden salad
    S - sugar free jello

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    New York Strip Steak doesn't have enough fat in it, darn it!

Knew I should have stuck with the rib eye, but I got the strip steak on sale.
  • maremare312
    Options
    New York Strip Steak doesn't have enough fat in it, darn it!

Knew I should have stuck with the rib eye, but I got the strip steak on sale.

Maybe a nice compound butter on top would help? :D

Today~
    B--bacon and scrambled egg, tea with cream
    L--Giant cobb salad with cheese, egg, avocado, bacon, so good!
    D-Sausage and cabbage
  • FullOfWinToo
    Options
    Green Chili Gravy.... Goes with everything mexican and can be adapted as a soup/stew base...

Bone in pork steaks - crockpot overnight.
    Debone and add sautéed onion and celery, can (s) diced green chiles, cumin, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
    Simmer and reduce.
    Thicken with xanthan gum.

No real measurements of ingredients but everything "to taste"

That's the base... Add larger pieces of lean pork or chicken and veggies to make it a stew.
    Otherwise this is the best Mexican sauce and low in sodium because the fattier cut of pork requires no additional canned stock.

Also great with eggs at breakfast!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maremare312
    Options
    B--pepperoni stick
    Sn--homemade almond crackers
    L--sausage and cabbage
    Sn--turkey slices
    D--giant protein shake/smoothie
    Sn--cucumber and bell pepper
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Pho for dinner!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Rib eye steak. Found out the hard way this week that New York Strip does not have enough fat in it. For the first and last time in my life last night I went on a binge involving steak, butter, and onions. Didn't even think that was possible. And I've been ravenous ever since I changed steaks. Who would have thought such a little thing could make such a huge difference?
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!! Thank you

B- eggs, ham
    snack- 1 minute muffin
    L- lettuce wraps stuffed with spicy sausage and cheese
    D- Cauliflower deep dish pizza...yuuuum!
    Snack- tuna stuffed celery
  • snowlily80
    snowlily80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Todays lunch: Tuna patties

Great for when you are fed up with plain old tuna salad!!

Recipe: (Makes 4 patties/tuna burgers)

2 tins of tuna, drained
    1 egg
    2 tbsp full fat cream cheese
    salt & pepper

Add herbs and/or spices to your tuna patties if you wish. This works well with the following:

-Asian style- with chopped fresh chilli, coriander (cilantro) and squeezed with lime juice.
    -Dill & lemon zest
    - chopped black olives and parmesan

Chill mix in the fridge for at least 30 mins.

Heat a non stick pan with a little oil of choice. Spoon in quarter of the tuna mix and shape into a patty. Crisp one side for about 4 mins and delicately flip over and repeat.

Serve dressed with lemon juice & salad.

LOVE the sound of this, and I'm definitely trying it tomorrow. Thanks!
  • wfte
    Options
    I've been enjoying a stir fry recently.

Fry onions and garlic, add meat of choice (I've used mince pork and sausage). Fry until meats browned. Add sliced peppers for a few minutes. Add small broccoli florets and chopped green beans, a splash of soy and some water. Bring to boil then cover and simmer for 5 mins until veg are cooked. I also add a knob of butter to add some fat and also thicken the sauce.
  • wfte
    Options
    Just bought a whole cooked crab. I might have to try that tuna pattie recipe subbing the tuna for crab.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Smoked talipia, salad and roasted sweet potatoes yummy!