February Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Edit: TODAY I am logging all of my food no matter what I eat.

I found this to be helpful for me. I'm only hurting myself by being in denial about what I consume, even when I binge. The trick (again, for me) has been to log it all AND to avoid feeling the shame and self-loathing that often come with binge behavior. Since THAT only hurts myself, too, I just try to remember to treat myself as well as I would a friend who binges. I wouldn't shame or guilt-trip a friend, I would encourage her, so I owe at least that much to myself.
  • jackieKNJ
    Options
    Me - 11

"The Binge" - 0

Since the new week started, I have wanted to binge so bad. It started out as fleeting thoughts, but now I am thinking about it everytime I start thinking about food.

This is hard:/ After today, I only have two more days until my 2 week mark. I have NEVER made it to two weeks before. I just keep feeling like I want to give in, and its getting harder and harder to convince myself that it won't be worth it later.

I need help!! I feel like I'm losing my control and motivation, and I hate that.

I often feel like I have a binge-free limit, that I have to binge eventually! But that is not the case. I am not great at controlling amounts of food (obviously..the bingeing) but I do know I can fight off a binge by having a small & CONTROLLED splurge. AKA, I buy a single serving of something (I'd give examples but don't want to mention food..but something you like but isn't a trigger..) and enjoy it..and then make sure there isn't more for me to get. It also helps if I'm at a restaurant and enjoy a favorite meal, then have plans afterward so I CANNOT go home & be alone & binge. A non-food reward sometimes works for me (getting my nails done), might be worth a try! You CAN do this. You WILL do this. Make sure you're not restricting and nourishing your body and realize that food is not there to comfort you, you can find comfort else where!

Thank you for the encouraging words! I just don't like this feeling that I could unravel after so much hard work, in a matter to minutes. I think that would be okay to eat a little bit without binging, but that would mean I go over my calorie limit for the day. I don't really want to do that until my 2 weeks is up of completely normal days.

You gave really good advice. At least with this group I'm not doing it alone, and I have a better shot at making it through my binge eating urges. Thank you for your HELP! I needed some support.

Don't set standards so high, as that is more likely to lead to issues.
    It is better to go over goal a bit sometimes than to end up binging, and if your goal is so low that you cannot fit in a treat, then it is probably too low anyway, and that in itself could be resulting in binge urges.

I think you are right. Maybe I am eating too little calories. I am going to set my goals a little easier at first, so I can gradually get into it. Thank you for the advice!

Good rule of thumb is to allow 20% of your daily calorie goal to come from a treat food, something you really enjoy. Get it in an individual portion daily, if needs must, like a single chocolate bar, or a small serving sized ice cream. Dark chocolate is good too and you can get some really nice ones. That way, you are not banning anything. I find telling myself I must not or should not eat certain foods, tends to lead me to all out binge on them eventually. Or create a really nice healthy treat dessert you can have each day. Chocolate covered Katie is apparently a good site for those. Hope you find your correct balance.

Thank you so much for all the advice, guys! I am talking to a nutritionist today to help me out. Hopefully, this isn't a permanent thing :/
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

Edit: TODAY I am logging all of my food no matter what I eat.

I found this to be helpful for me. I'm only hurting myself by being in denial about what I consume, even when I binge. The trick (again, for me) has been to log it all AND to avoid feeling the shame and self-loathing that often come with binge behavior. Since THAT only hurts myself, too, I just try to remember to treat myself as well as I would a friend who binges. I wouldn't shame or guilt-trip a friend, I would encourage her, so I owe at least that much to myself.

Great idea!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Feb 13th ~

Me: 9

The Binge: 4 (2/5, 2/6,2/11, 2/12)
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi everyone

me 7
    binge 6
    not so good
    Miss mollie thank you I was not offened in any way it did help I hear certain food and then I want it Thank you for your help!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 11
    Binge 2

I am back from my trip and have managed not to binge since getting back on Sunday. I took a bit of a "break" and now back to logging. I have not been eating well, but not bingeing and really enjoyed my vacation! I hope to be back online a bit more and more of a support to my friends here.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Oops! I'm sorry about mentioning my specific food. >.<

Michelle - 9
    Binge - 4 (2/3, 2/7, 2/8, 2/9)

I definitely overate today, but I still wouldn't call it a binge.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky - 7
    Binge - 6 (2/1, 2/5, 2/6, 2/8, 2/11, 2/13)

I haven't been checking in every day, partly because I feel bad that I am having more binges than I'd like and partly because I've been so busy the last few days. I missed some really good stuff!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    13th.

Me- 7.
    Binge - 6.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    February 2013:

Mollie - 12
    The Binge - 1 (3rd)

Days I did not logged it ALL: 1 (3rd)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

January - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    8d81013077722171422643962d6ade98.jpg

e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Y
    February 2013

December 2012: 19/12
    January 2013 : 23/08

Terry - 11
    The Binge - 2

Logging days - 13 / 28
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Feb 14th ~

Me: 10

The Binge: 4 (2/5, 2/6,2/11, 2/12)

Usually dont write this a day ahead... but im prelogging some and i dont think ill be on the comp tomorrow for forums... i dont feel bingey . I already had two binge days. now im trying to make my body feel normal and not bloated...

Hope everyones valentines day (tomorrow) goes well!
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2/13/2013

Me: 13
    the binge: 0

Days logged: 13/28
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Oops! I'm sorry about mentioning my specific food. >.<

Michelle - 9
    Binge - 4 (2/3, 2/7, 2/8, 2/9)

I definitely overate today, but I still wouldn't call it a binge.
    No problem Michele....I had to laugh because of your username I knew you must love it..:wink: So I guess you have a love hate relationship with that particular item and I think there are many of us on the same train......Thanks for supporting the thread and keep up the good work!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 11
    Binge 2

I am back from my trip and have managed not to binge since getting back on Sunday. I took a bit of a "break" and now back to logging. I have not been eating well, but not bingeing and really enjoyed my vacation! I hope to be back online a bit more and more of a support to my friends here.

Welcome back!

Feb 13 2013

Colleen 11
    The Binge 2 (2/9, 2/10)
    Days finished logging 10

2013 stats:
    January 22/9

Have a great Valentine's Day, everyone! Make sure to show others you care, whether or not you have an SO. :heart:
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    February 2013:
    Karen 10
    The Binge 3

Days Left 15
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    February 2013

Diane: 3
    Binge : 10

:smile:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    2-12-13

Jul: 8
    Binge: 6 (2/3, 2/5, 2/7, 2/8, 2/13, 2/14)

This is really, really hard to see. I feel like I want to restrict. I need to reevaluate, get life sorted out. It's impacting my eating way too much.
  • mametomarino
    Options
    Sara 0
    Binge 0
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    14th.

Me - 7.
    Binge - 7.