February Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Feb 17th ~

Me: 12

The Binge: 5 (2/5, 2/6,2/11, 2/12, 2/15)

Not screwing up today.
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi everyone!

me 9
    binge 8

Now I see where my problem is.
  • nemelkb
    Options
    Me-12
    Food- 4

Realized I don't care for the word binge. It is like submitting to my weaknesses, has a poor connotation. Instead, I am just using food....I just ate too much food. Helps me feel a little more empowered to know I can be in control over food versus such a strong action of binging.
  • nemelkb
    Options
    The day after eating items that aren't as Heath for you tend to be hard.... Your body is unbalanced and trying to resolve itself and purify itself. It's easy to mistake those unsettling feelings for the urge to eat more, I know I do. Stay strong.... You got this!
    Heavy overeating tonight. Sweets in the house from Valentines Day.
    Able to stop as soon as I got on here and logged. I don't feel very good physically, but my attitude is postitive. It's an isolated event.
    Me: 14
    Binge: 1

It would have been very different without my support system on here.,

Quoting myself - it is not an "isolated event". Wishful thinking...fake it til you make it.......... 2nd day of overeating including sweets.

Me: 14
    Binge: 2
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Feb 16 2013

Colleen 13
    The Binge 2 (2/9, 2/10)
    Overate, but within weekly limit: 1 (2/16)
    Days finished logging 14

2013 stats:
    January 22/9

Yesterday I enjoyed a delicious meal that I may have been scared of eating in the past, since it used to trigger a binge. I enjoyed it and was able to stop. So proud of myself! Maybe I can actually go out and enjoy weekends now!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I agree the day after a binge is hard. It is like my body is in withdrawl.

Yesterday was great!!!

February 2013:
    Karen 11
    The Binge 5

Days Left 12
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    The binge: 0

No binges since my NYE resolution!

I'm happy because I'm visiting my sister in Boston this weekend and her idea of a healthy meal is an egg, cheese and bacon sandwhich..loads of processed food here..normally I binge my whole visit! It's amazing that she's skinny..
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 12
    Binge 4

Binged the past 2 days bad. I feel in such a bad place right now. I am disgusted with myself but trying to forgive and love me all at the same time. I am so sick of this cycle. It is hard to love yourself when you self destruct it with food and wonder what the hell you are doing to yourself. I look at my children and know they deserve better than this. I have got to beat this. I don't know what the answer is..logging food or not, I was becoming so obsessive with counting calories and now I am the point I just don't want to do it. There has to be a happy medium and just haven't found it. Hopefully tonight when I check in I will be in a better place, mentally, and beaten the binge for today.
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    February 17th
    Me:12
    The binge:5
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 12
    Binge 4

Binged the past 2 days bad. I feel in such a bad place right now. I am disgusted with myself but trying to forgive and love me all at the same time. I am so sick of this cycle. It is hard to love yourself when you self destruct it with food and wonder what the hell you are doing to yourself. I look at my children and know they deserve better than this. I have got to beat this. I don't know what the answer is..logging food or not, I was becoming so obsessive with counting calories and now I am the point I just don't want to do it. There has to be a happy medium and just haven't found it. Hopefully tonight when I check in I will be in a better place, mentally, and beaten the binge for today.

I have been there. I had a binge a few days in a row. The first couple days after are the hardest. Hang in there!!!
    Karen
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I enjoyed a delicious meal that I may have been scared of eating in the past, since it used to trigger a binge. I enjoyed it and was able to stop. So proud of myself! Maybe I can actually go out and enjoy weekends now!

That's fantastic, Colleen! I hope you really savor that victory! :bigsmile:
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    Elizabeth 12
    Binge 4

Hope you're feeling better today in every possible way, Elizabeth. :smile:
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    Forgot to post last night. Fortunately, I can post a positive day.

February 2013

Me: 16
    the binge: 0

Days logged: 16/28
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 9.
    Binge - 8.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 12
    Binge 4

Had a run of days of binge eating. Yes, it feels horrible. You end up feeling totally swollen and somehow unclean and it is a huge battle to stop as the cravings can be so intense. But remember, the self destructive behaviour happens because you don't love yourself. For if you did love yourself, eating too much food would not take that away as the love is for the person within.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    February 2013:

Mollie - 16
    The Binge - 1 (3rd)

Days I did not logged it ALL: 1 (3rd)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    January - 4 days I did not log it ALL

8d81013077722171422643962d6ade98.jpg

e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
    [/quote]
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    February 2013

2/17/13

Me: 17
    the binge: 0

Let myself get too hungry before dinner and snacked on stupid stuff, but I didn't have very much, I logged it, and I went over calories today only by about 50, so I'm taking that.

Good to see so many people posting here!

poppy
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 9
    Binge - 6

:)

Summer - 11
    Binge - 7
    HORRIBLE DAY TODAY but i shall stay ++++++++++
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member