• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Because its sailor moon day.

Indeed.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    When I watch anime, I prefer subtitles Then freak out when things are too loud and I can't hear the Japanese that I can't even understand.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    My latest pin badges arrived :)

IMG_20130307_00025.jpg
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<

OMG I am in awe!!

I'm a nerd because I spent a solid hour (at work hehehe) assembling my Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli slideshow for my desktop background. I particularly love the Deer God background, with the little forest spirits bobbling their heads creepily.

I LOVE the Kodama!! I had one on a purse for a long time but then someone stole it and all my yu-gi-oh cards inside T____T
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

IMG_20130307_00025.jpg

Want!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I knitted my first Green Lantern symbol. Still need to practice reading patterns correctly but it is AWESOME.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    My dog pooped on the porch. Instead of getting mad, I thought to myself, "That kind of looks like the Legion of Superheros logo..."
  • animelose2012
    Options
    Today im a nerd because... i played my first game of sim-city with my bf and now i am watching anime.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I can actually talk to my students about role playing and I know what they're talking about. They see me as odd because I drop silly jokes relating to things like "Army of Darkness" or tell them to stop trying to be cyborgs so they'll remove their headphones to listen to my lectures. It's sorta funny. :) The geeks get me. Grin.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    They installed one of these @ my gym today: IMG_20130211_095318_zps5444e135.jpg
    As I placed my water bottle, I said to it "Tea, earl grey. Hot."

Ok. I'm a definite geek....it made me think of vampires and how convenient it would be to have easy access to blessed water. Grin.
  • Dawmer299
    Dawmer299 Posts: 32
    Options

IMG_20130307_00025.jpg

Want!!!

Me too!

Im a nerd today because I love to stand in line.

I get to meet William Katt AKA the Greatest American Hero. He's in town for a lecture at the local Film Festival but is making an appearance at a local Comic book shop to pimp his book he co-created "Sparks".

After that I make a trip to Lincoln NE for another autograph signing from a football player... Not nerd related but I love the hobby and the sport!
  • MustachioNerd
    Options
    I suppose today I might be considered a nerd because I have just received my copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, in graphic novel form. It looks very good.
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    I suppose today I might be considered a nerd because I have just received my copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, in graphic novel form. It looks very good.

I'll need to borrow that after you're done. Okay, thanks. :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    .... because my hot Saturday night date was watching the DVD of the Rifftrax Live! event for Jack the Giant Killer (original version) with my husband.

"Please, let us dispense with theatricality..." "...said the man dressed as a Victorian upholstered vampire..."
  • CosmicOddity
    Options
    I am a nerd because when I was eight years old I named my cat Boma after blue-haired Boma from Dragon Ball Z. I also have a hermit crab named Paarthurnax that I named after the Dovah leader of the Grey Beards from Skyrim. :3
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    Because its sailor moon day.

Whaaat?!
    *hangs head in shame* I missed it. :sad:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Got upset about Firefly being cancelled again while watching 'Firefly: Browncoats Unite' last night. (Wearing a Supergirl shirt, drinking tea from a Wonder Woman mug with an exploding Tardis blanket over my legs.)

^^ Fabulous! I get upset about Firefly being cancelled everytime I see an ad for 'Castle' on TV.

As for me today... I snuck my iphone with me to the washroom at work during break so I could read 'The Druid Chronicles' in peace and quiet. lol
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    ^That's how I felt about Heroes. They really messed up the continuity of that show up. But Tim Kring's Touched is a lovely addition :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I made a joke in C++.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    ^That's how I felt about Heroes. They really messed up the continuity of that show up. But Tim Kring's Touched is a lovely addition :)

Heroes had soooo much potential. I have the boxed set of it though. Firefly was even more tragic because it was just an amazing show.